CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What about a team of transgender Halo players? 

there's a transgender in the female pro league, you guys wanna talk about that?  :kappa:

:intel:  word on the street is there's a halo tourney tomorrow  :intel:

• Upvote (+1) 7

do we need milk gifs to make a comeback to distract us from this gender talk?

• Upvote (+1) 1

there's a transgender in the female pro league, you guys wanna talk about that?  :kappa:

:intel:  word on the street is there's a halo tourney tomorrow  :intel:

There is also a transgender ex-speedrunner on the verge of a mental breakdown because of hate from the community. Are we discussing Esports drama now? :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

There is also a transgender ex-speedrunner on the verge of a mental breakdown because of hate from the community. Are we discussing Esports drama now? :kappa:

Cosmo got his ass beat so badly at Nintendo World Champs that he came out a girl.  As impressive of a breakdown as I've seen.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Wrong. Female chess players are brought up from early age just like their male counterparts. The greatest female chess player of all time (Judit Polgar) was an obsessive child prodigy who achieved grandmaster status at the age of 15 years, 4 months. At the time she was the youngest EVER (even counting males) to achieve this, yet despite this feat she never once achieved #1 status, with her peak ranking being as the #8 player in the world. Today, the top active female player ranks ~83rd in the world, and again, we're not talking females who grew up playing with Barbies and took up chess as a side-hobby; we're talking child prodigies who live and breath the game...and the "best ever" could only crack the back-end of the Top 10 at her absolute peak. Judit Polgar's peak ELO of 2735 doesn't even come close to ranking in the Top 20 for All-Time peak achievement.

People who deny gender differences are fools. Males in general have a higher capacity for calculation and spacial awareness among other things; hence why females are always going to pale in comparison even in things like video games which "aren't physical". Let me guess, you also fall into the category of morons who believe that Ronda Rousey can "beat up" Floyd Mayweather LOL?

Floyd would beat the shit out of her... As he's done other women. Besides you missed the point again Traaap. There's vastly more males in Chess than females, probably more than a hundred times. Until there's more females to the point it's near a quarter of the players of male dominated games... It's not scientific. The numbers and environmental factors have to be similar otherwise it's wrong by default. So can we get back to Halo now? Jack-Nicholson-YES-horny.gif
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Anyone else watching the PAX Gears stream? I really enjoy watching competitive Gears of War. It's so much different than any other shooter. Wall bouncing is so enjoyable to watch when done right.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone else watching the PAX Gears stream? I really enjoy watching competitive Gears of War. It's so much different than any other shooter. Wall bouncing is so enjoyable to watch when done right.

Gears is the only game I've played seriously besides halo. It takes so much skill, I love it. Everyone support the gears bros! It's their season 2 Finals and the final series Denial vs Envy.

https://www.twitch.tv/gearsofwar

Floyd would beat the shit out of her... As he's done other women. Besides you missed the point again Traaap. There's vastly more males in Chess than females, probably more than a hundred times. Until there's more females to the point it's near a quarter of the players of male dominated games... It's not scientific. The numbers and environmental factors have to be similar otherwise it's wrong by default. So can we get back to Halo now? Jack-Nicholson-YES-horny.gif

Saying that there being less women than men means women can't be as good is like saying people of different races can't be good because they are a minority. Your arguments only make sense if females were restricted to playing against only females, which isn't the case. There is nothing stopping them from competing at the top yet we don't see them there. 

I'm not saying it's impossible for a girl to get to that level, but it's much more unlikely due to the fact that men and women are inherently different.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Gears is the only game I've played seriously besides halo. It takes so much skill, I love it. Everyone support the gears bros! It's their season 2 Finals and the final series Denial vs Envy.

https://www.twitch.tv/gearsofwar

Same. Seriously.. in GoW 1 is the still, to this day, my favorite achievement I've ever gotten.

Saying that there being less women than men means women can't be as good is like saying people of different races can't be good because they are a minority. Your arguments only make sense if females were restricted to playing against only females, which isn't the case. There is nothing stopping them from competing at the top yet we don't see them there.

I'm not saying it's impossible for a girl to get to that level, but it's much more unlikely due to the fact that men and women are inherently different.

I'm really not in the mood to write a book about this, and then you bring race into it? Eugenics?!? You Nazi MotherF*#ker!! ;) Just Kidding ;) Anyway here's a good mockumentary for all males of a paranoid persuasion, Oh and EG for the win!

http://youtu.be/cH2LvXVx7uI

I'll be rooting for Optic this weekend, hopefully they show up and prove they belong.

Still think EG takes it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd be very surprised if EG doesn't take this tourney. They're def top 3 rn with CLG & RNG in my eyes. 

But you never know what could happen on LAN. nV, E6, & Optic all have players who do worse online.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish Halo had a Thorin ;c

Despite being a complete ass he's done so much to legitimize the talent in CSGO.

Halo used to have a Thorin-like personality with Gandhi in the sense that he made very opinionated videos pertaining to major topics in the scene and was relatively uncensored. Of course he wasn't half the analyst Thorin is and he would say some fairly dumb things at times but it was still nice having a big personality like him creating content about his thoughts on stuff going on in the Halo scene. It stimulated interest and discussion in competitive halo outside of the forums.

Ever since he left there has been a pretty big opening left for someone else with a large Halo presence to take over and start making videos of that kind. I thought one of the current commentators would do it but that doesn't seem to be the case unfortunately. Just think there is a pretty important event going on tomorrow and there's no key figure making a prediction video of what they think is going to go down in each series or what the outcome will be. A fairly big missed opportunity if you ask me. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

also not a CLG fan, but I find it absolutely funny that Snake will literally take his eyes off the screen, read/respond to a question, and perfect shot a guy 'cross map at the same time.

The guy isn't human. Actually, even better, he happens to also be a *great* human.

SnakeBite is the most humble pro. More humble than Roy, Roy seems to take the spotlight on this subject.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I were to power rank ( :wink:) the Pax attendees I would go with this:

1. EG

2. E6

3. Nv

4. Optic

However, I think EG and E6 might end up being a tossup in the finals, as much as I want EG to win Bubu and Huke have played so well the only two other times we've seen them on lan.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What about a team of transgender Halo players? 

Most of the time, I get the PC warrior jokes and love poking at the thought police.......I don't even get this one...

I've never seen a thread get derailed so randomly, so often.

its my specialty...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo used to have a Thorin-like personality with Gandhi in the sense that he made very opinionated videos pertaining to major topics in the scene and was relatively uncensored. Of course he wasn't half the analyst Thorin is and he would say some fairly dumb things at times but it was still nice having a big personality like him creating content about his thoughts on stuff going on in the Halo scene. It stimulated interest and discussion in competitive halo outside of the forums.

Ever since he left there has been a pretty big opening left for someone else with a large Halo presence to take over and start making videos of that kind. I thought one of the current commentators would do it but that doesn't seem to be the case unfortunately. Just think there is a pretty important event going on tomorrow and there's no key figure making a prediction video of what they think is going to go down in each series or what the outcome will be. A fairly big missed opportunity if you ask me.

Gandhi was hot and cold for me. He made some good content but he also had some very opinionated outbursts and questionable commentary about things he probably didn't have the knowledge to speak about. Then he left Halo for CoD and essentially turned his back on Halo. Then he left CoD, down talked console eSports as a whole and then got hired on to make Smite a viable console eSports. I just don't know what to think of him.
  • Upvote (+1) 4