CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Welp, TJ thinks its reason 2. I kinda agree with him.

Fucking disappointing. That's not how you go about handling the mental game.

If you're the best, be the best.

Weren't you saying earlier that you wanted EG to play NV, Optic or E6?

Edit: Yeah

I was hoping EG would scrim Optic, nV or E6.

Would be smart to do so considering, well, yeah, PAX EAST!

Renegades have had good conversation about spawns on Truth flag for 2 nights in a row. Hamy had a nice mea culpa last night when he blocked bubble spawns and ruined a pull. They were talking about the benefits of pulling with 3 down or collapsing the last guy right after they dropped the 3-0 on nV just now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Weren't you saying earlier that you wanted EG to play NV, Optic or E6?

Yes, I'd love that, but this is specifically about the act of dodging a scrim.

I'm a fan of the guys on RNG, and I know you are too, but put that aside for a second and see that this is kind of a shitty move. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why would Renegades have any reason to believe they're the second best in the first place? They've done well online then shat the bed at every lan....

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Pleasantly surprised that Overgrowth & Riptide seem to be out of the running for HCS, given that they're no longer in Team Arena. 

Do think Torque could be altered enough to work for HCS though. At least Tyrant CTF is in - getting sick of only 3 CTF maps.

Riptide, Overgrowth, and Torque are not out of the running, especially since Pro Team are reworking all three of them (Torque has already seen its first iteration).

Tyrant has been decently received by the Pros and community, so it would make sense to have one variant of it in MM, especially since it's the newest map, but I'm sure the others will be tested across numerous modes to see what the Pros think of them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not happy they dodged EG, I was looking forward to it. I don't think its that serious though, but maybe it is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hamy just breadsticked on Fathom Flag.

#washed

Kappa

Edit: Late and out pictured.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wait I'm confused: how did they dodge EG? Feel like I missed something. Had they arranged to play and then bailed or something?

Wait I'm confused: how did they dodge EG? Feel like I missed something. Had they arranged to play and then bailed or something?

Yeah, apparently.

Dodging eg makes no sense. You would want them to Advance earliest as possible so making them strong this weekend helps you more than them

• Upvote (+1) 4

I know you guys are fucking around but 1 and 5 with 11 assists isnt even remotely bad lol

• Upvote (+1) 5

What incentive would RNG have for dodging EG tonight? If EG doesn't win PAX as a result of being rusty, that just means more competition for RNG in future Pro League qualifiers. Give them the practice, hope they win PAX, and then you have an easy (easier, comparatively), ride for the invitational.

edit: same sentiments echoed above right before I posted this feelsbad

On the other hand RNG won't be scrimming tomorrow or Sunday, so maybe they don't want to potentially go out on a loss?

On the other hand RNG won't be scrimming tomorrow or Sunday, so maybe they don't want to potentially go out on a loss?

Theres really no good excuse, IMO

• Upvote (+1) 1