CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I agree with your post but this is just blasphemy. I'd take Halo 5 any day over Haven 4.

Haven all day every day.  

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I agree with your post but this is just blasphemy. I'd take Halo 5 any day over Haven 4.

But is Halo 5 life changing?

Edit, never mind

Who would have thought when this game was released, that people would eventually say halo 4 was more fun to play. This is arguably a life changing moment for us all.

What a time to be alive, here is my favourite halo 4 video:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was frustrated with Halo 4 as much as the next guy, but I get his point.  My buddies don't play this game so when I play I search alone.  I'm a mid onyx level player solo so when I search I almost always match mid to high level onyx and occasionally champion and they seem to always be teams of 4.  I'm not pro so I have no chance of beating teams like that.  Then my teammate quits cause we're getting rekt making the match even worse.  I refuse to quit because I have always disliked quitters and also the one time in this game that I quit out (cause someone was at my door) I got banned so now i'm stuck in an unenjoyable game for 15 minutes or so.  To top this off most of the matches I play are either riptide, torque or overgrowth; maps that most people consider to be below average.  I love Halo 5, but searching arena or slayer is absolutely not fun for people like me right now.  

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I was frustrated with Halo 4 as much as the next guy, but I get his point.  My buddies don't play this game so when I play I search alone.  I'm a mid onyx level player solo so when I search I almost always match mid to high level onyx and occasionally champion and they seem to always be teams of 4.  I'm not pro so I have no chance of beating teams like that.  Then my teammate quits cause we're getting rekt making the match even worse.  I refuse to quit because I have always disliked quitters and also the one time in this game that I quit out (cause someone was at my door) I got banned so now i'm stuck in an unenjoyable game for 15 minutes or so.  To top this off most of the matches I play are either riptide, torque or overgrowth; maps that most people consider to be below average.  I love Halo 5, but searching arena or slayer is absolutely not fun for people like me right now.  

Samesies.  Gosh I miss the Halo 3 MM days of regularly updated MLG playlists and the map voting systems.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm in the same boat. I'm probably not as good as you though but I only have time for 2 or 3 games every few days but I always jump on wanting to unwind with some halo but the games are inevitably lopsided, on maps i hate, or against high onyx/champions that are likely searching as a team. I keep playing because its halo and i'm a stubborn bastard but its no wonder people don't stick with the game like they did back in H2/3. If I wasn't so invested in halo from previous games I'd have moved on by now for sure.

it's pretty frustrating that the playlists have been such a disaster for so long. Who knows how many people have put the game down and never picked it back up because of repeated poor experiences in MM thanks to these design decisions.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You nailed it. The playlist are very bad right now. It is driving people away from the game everyday. Even the die hard fans. Last time I played Arena it was one DLC map after another. It was very frustrating. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

you can't have MM without party restrictions.

This is pointless. If you are from North America, every time you search solo, you probably get matched with people from other countries, especially South America, most of them don't speak english. But even if they are American and they speak english, there's no way to know if your teammates own a mic or if they are in the mood to talk. Only way I see of fixing the 'I matched a to4 while playing with randoms who don't talk' is creating a playlist for to4 to play against other to4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Samesies.  Gosh I miss the Halo 3 MM days of regularly updated MLG playlists and the map voting systems.

think the map voting system is the biggest take away instead of making a competitive playlist, if they are against it. I the quitting mentality is also terrible, i remember h2 skirmish play lists 40+ you would play multiple games were a bridger or modder would almost be a necessity, if you didnt you would do what ever person ever would do, jump the bomb on map and wait for them to quit and if you couldn't do that if you play the game and rage in the after game lobby. Now its all a guy going -10 complaining that his team let him down then quitting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As much as I dislike some of the DLC maps and party restrictions when searching, I love playing halo 5 still. The thirst for perfects and reversals on people keeps my fun alive. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

The same problems existed in H4 though, and that game didn't run on dedicated servers or have any working ranking system. Do people not remember how bad that game was?

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I think Halo 5 is worse than Halo 4, I definitely do not.  I just meant that Halo 5 has some things going on with it's matchmaking that I find very frustrating.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is pointless. If you are from North America, every time you search solo, you probably get matched with people from other countries, especially South America, most of them don't speak english. But even if they are American and they speak english, there's no way to know if your teammates own a mic or if they are in the mood to talk. Only way I see of fixing the 'I matched a to4 while playing with randoms who don't talk' is creating a playlist for to4 to play against other to4.

I don't understand what you are saying. What I mean is that if you are searching solo, you should only match other people playing solo, and if you are in a to4, you should only match people in a to4. I don't know what foreigners without mics has to do with that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm also really worried that 343 will look at the arena or slayer playlist numbers and see that they are dropping (I don't know for sure that they are, but i know for a fact that most of the 96 people on my friends list stopped playing cause of unbalanced matches and bad maps so i am making an educated guess) and assume it means that people don't like those playlists when it's actually cause they have just done a poor job of managing them.  When I get a balanced match of flag on coliseum or slayer on truth it is absolutely a blast.  Unfortunately, it seems like those games occur a very small percentage of the time.

I can't believe people are even suggesting H4 was more fun. They could take away everything from h5 except social multi team and the 5th campaign level and this would still be infinitely better than that monstrosity.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Dr. Pepper is actually life changing 

But is 07 FB better than Dr. Pepper? 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm also really worried that 343 will look at the arena or slayer playlist numbers and see that they are dropping (I don't know for sure that they are, but i know for a fact that most of the 96 people on my friends list stopped playing cause of unbalanced matches and bad maps so i am making an educated guess) and assume it means that people don't like those playlists when it's actually cause they have just done a poor job of managing them.  When I get a balanced match of flag on coliseum or slayer on truth it is absolutely a blast.  Unfortunately, it seems like those games occur a very small percentage of the time.

It also really annoys me that Team Arena doesn't even include every official gametype. Shouldn't have to leave the competitive playlist to play Slayer on Truth, and we shouldn't have to put up with the sea of average gametypes that have been forced into Team Arena.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Dr. Pepper and Sweet Tea, in the places I've lived in Texas, those two drinks are the blood of the people...That and beer in some cases.

Born in Texas and lived here 21 out of my 30 years...  Hate Dr. Pepper, drink Sweet Tea maybe 10 times a year, and I don't drink beer. 

But yea..  For the most part, you're right.

• Upvote (+1) 1