CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't think Nadeshot produces anywhere near the quality of content that optic does on a day to day basis. At least not lately. Optic house content >

• Upvote (+1) 5

i think it's worrying optic dropped so many games to a random squad

Nadeshot has 2.5 million YouTube subscribers compared to Optic Nations 1.3 million. He has a larger fan base and made most of his money from his YouTube. He as a personality now owning an org will hopefully be like having a second Optic.

100 vs OpTic stream views :hearts:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I believe the business relationship between Nade & Hecz is what created such an incredible spark. The master and the apprentice. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't think Nadeshot produces anywhere near the quality of content that optic does on a day to day basis. At least not lately. Optic house content >

Don't know why anyone expects him to. He's making a perfect amount just vlogging every day.

I'd do it. Less effort and ez money.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Double elimination by definition requires 2 grand finals series if the winner of the winner's bracket loses the first series. Otherwise its not really a fair double elimination format.

Honestly with the way scrims have been going as a whole I'd be shocked if EG lost a series. So it likely won't matter.

You're correct & i'm all for double elim but I've always felt finals should still be one series. Granted this is only a 4 team tourney so fatigue won't be much of a factor but I think winners finalists are already at an advantage in bigger double elim tourneys because they avoided playing 2-3 more matches to get to finals so they have more energy (unless only match on sunday is finals).

I'd even be down for a BO13 series with winners finalists with a 3 game lead? Idk just throwing out ideas but i'm definitely against a team having to win two separate series in finals. Finals should be finals no weird two series stuff.

In my mind the purpose of double elim is to get more realistic placings being that a bad bracket won't fully screw you over like in single elim. Once you get those two top teams finals should be finals.

• Downvote (-1) 2

You're correct & i'm all for double elim but I've always felt finals should still be one series. Granted this is only a 4 team tourney so fatigue won't be much of a factor but I think winners finalists are already at an advantage in bigger double elim tourneys because they avoided playing 2-3 more matches to get to finals so they have more energy (unless only match on sunday is finals).

I'd even be down for a BO13 series with winners finalists with a 3 game lead? Idk just throwing out ideas but i'm definitely against a team having to win two separate series in finals. Finals should be finals no weird two series stuff.

In my mind the purpose of double elim is to get more realistic placings being that a bad bracket won't fully screw you over like in single elim. Once you get those two top teams finals should be finals.

You don't think it seems unfair that the team that goes to the finals from the winners bracket only gets one chance, whereas the team from the losers gets two? 

Id rather the losers bracket team have to win twice. Endurance is part of the event. The winners bracket team gets the leg up in that regard in exchange for going through the winners bracket. That seems like a fair trade off imo. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Don't know why anyone expects him to. He's making a perfect amount just vlogging every day.

I'd do it. Less effort and ez money.

He used to make interesting content but I can't watch him now. It's so boring but people are dumb enough to watch it I guess

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

You don't like it so the people who watch it are dumb.

31dagqY.png

Bad word choice I guess. I just think he's turned lazy as a content creator. But whatever brings in the  :cash:  :cash:  :cash:

• Upvote (+1) 2

You don't like it so the people who watch it are dumb.

He's not wrong.

Youtube is really dumbing down the standards for "entertainment" and what constitutes an "entertainer" or "celebrity".  Its particularly worrisome considering how young the target audience of people like Nadeshot is.  I'm sorry, but when he uploads a video of him going to Burger King to buy a milkshake and it gets as many views as any other one of his videos, it shows the state that we're in.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Idk guys, Nadeshot was a big Final Boss fan back in the day, and 2gre doesn't have a team right now.... :intel:

pBXrCBp.png?3

jk I doubt he picks up a halo team at this point in his org's infancy

He never mentioned Halo specifically but he did state he's looking to dive into any and everything. I've talked to nadeshot a bit and he's a opportunist for sure. I guarantee he'd pick up any team that made the league just like he did with CoD.

SERIOUSLY.

Please, pros, host scrims as:

STRONGHOLDS

SLAYER

FLAG

SLAYER

STRONGHOLDS

SLAYER

FLAG

SLAYER

STRONGHOLDS

SLAYER

FLAG

SLAYER

STRONGHOLDS

It's so beautifully symmetric and you don't repeat gametypes.

most want a slayer for last, in case it breaks a 6-6 tie

• Upvote (+1) 1

You don't think it seems unfair that the team that goes to the finals from the winners bracket only gets one chance, whereas the team from the losers gets two?

Id rather the losers bracket team have to win twice. Endurance is part of the event. The winners bracket team gets the leg up in that regard in exchange for going through the winners bracket. That seems like a fair trade off imo.

That is unfair but thats why I said i'd be down for like a BO13 with winners finalists having a 3 game lead. I know i probably have an unpopular opinion but I have always thought finals should be one series no matter what to further legitamize. Having a possible two series BO7 finals is just so odd and has never felt right with me. But I completely understand where your coming from, being in the finals not losing yet & then possibly losing to a team that has already lost would be pretty infuriating.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bad word choice I guess. I just think he's turned lazy as a content creator. But whatever brings in the :cash: :cash: :cash:

But are they dead in the brain? :simms:

In all seriousness tho, all people like different things. Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Maybe they think ppl who don't watch him are dumb. I'm not defending them but it's just silly to see comments so narrow minded like that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

most want a slayer for last, in case it breaks a 6-6 tie

Its a scrim, does it really matter what gametype is last in the off chance there is a 6-6 tie?

Its a scrim, does it really matter what gametype is last in the off chance there is a 6-6 tie?

To be fair scrims are supposed to help practice for events. Even if there is an off chance it should always be game 13 slayer.

Honest predictions for PAX East? I feel like there are going to be some really competitive games there. 

Yeah, man, it matters who wins the scrim.  How else are we supposed to do power rankings?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Anyone here able to help me real quick. Its really hard to hear people in a party when im playing Halo. But if we are in game chat its fine?

Yeah, man, it matters who wins the scrim.  How else are we supposed to do power rankings?

Good point 

Honest predictions for PAX East? I feel like there are going to be some really competitive games there. 

I'm thinking EG takes it, but I expect it to be close, especially between E6, NV, Optic

• Upvote (+1) 1