CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

just a hunch or do you have a reason for this?

I also hope that Winterfox stays in the scene, possibly with whatever team Randa ends up on. Its probably my favorite org to have entered into Halo. Guitar, the owner, seems to really care for his players and truly wants the best for them. I'd hate to see such a great org ran by a really cool dude leave Halo.

Just a hunch. Also I'm afraid WFX might be done for now unless they go after Denial (assuming Ryan and Goofy join that squad)

I'd rather have WFX in the scene over Denial.

• Upvote (+1) 4

"Lets see can we play some CSGO, LoL, DOTA, some fighting games, whatever, whatever the world brings us we will try and tackle and handle the best way we can"

"Im looking for any opportunity to move into the world of CSGO, Lol or any game or team that makes sense for me. I will move move ahead with that as quickly as I can"

Halo is more than attractive to Orgs now. The scene numbers are growing, and of course we have millions of dollars in prie money to be won. If the right team reaches out to Nadeshot im sure he will jump into the Halo scene. 

https://youtu.be/VrE-XiP9eLw?t=4m13s

Any game that makes sense after talking about CSGO, LoL, DOTA...

he's clearly not talking about a game like Halo. 

Hm, in that case, I wonder how H1 ever became popular, given that the only people who must have been able to even shoot a bullet were pros.

Both games are fun to play.

Screenshot  :simms:  :dank:

It was vocally :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why stop there, lets create a meme thread, where we see who has the dankest meme's in the beyond community. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Moving forward, please take all "take X discussion to the X discussion thread" jokes to the Take X Discussion to the X Discussion Thread Jokes Discussion Thread.

Accidentally negged you my bad I'll plus another post

Also, in all seriousness, the slight possibility of Nadeshot picking up a halo team is less relevant to this thread than the settings that pro teams use

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any game that makes sense after talking about CSGO, LoL, DOTA...

He was just naming "obvious" eSports that you'd want to enter.  I think that Halo would be one of his easiest entries into a growing scene in which he could also field a competitive team fast.  Most of these teams in Halo aren't even tied down by contracts, whereas to acquire a good CSGO or LoL team is going to require not only timing, but huge capital investment.

please show this man some love

i used to spend hours compiling stats

charas is truly a halo community VIP

VsEDo7H.jpg

gidJPTd.jpg

axvOITR.jpg

full series stats @ http://halo5arena.com/matchup/777

Party leader privileges of that series need to be revoked, two of the three flags in the first three games, and 3 out of the 4 strongholds in a span of 5 games smh
  • Upvote (+1) 9

What's Quinn's GT? Kinda curious how he played while "soloing in team arena."

Probably uses an alt because he can't find any games
  • Upvote (+1) 3

He was just naming "obvious" eSports that you'd want to enter.  I think that Halo would be one of his easiest entries into a growing scene in which he could also field a competitive team fast.  Most of these teams in Halo aren't even tied down by contracts, whereas to acquire a good CSGO or LoL team is going to require not only timing, but huge capital investment.

It really is fascinating to see the COD communities (particularly the OPTIC part) reaction to this, some are seeing this as the ultimate betrayal (people who do not have the mental capacity to realize Nade helped Optic more than Optic helped Nade) others (the majority) are showing the loyalty to the personality and the player, but I still cannot believe people think Nadeshot owes Optic anything, the way I see it without Scump and Nade (the faces of optic) the brand would be no different than any other org, they along with Hector transformed optic, it was not the other way around.

How is he clearly not talking about Halo?

He clearly says "any game" that makes sense....

So if he has the chance to sign 4 established halo pro's, which he knows will do well in a million dollar tournament, I think it "might make sense"

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm interviewing @@Vivi and I feel pretty confident when I say that Halo is in the right hands here.

Does anybody have any questions they're dying to ask an ESL League Administrator while I have him?

DO NOT FALL FORE HIS DECEPTION FLETCH. HE WILL FEED YOU LIES WITH HIS CUNNING.

Umm, yes I'd like to know what input he has on the forthcoming team skins and if there will possibly be armour pieces and maybe a Beyond skin? Thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How I feel when I'm arguing about radars and ARs in the competitive playlist with prominent members of the competitive community

image.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

It really is fascinating to see the COD communities (particularly the OPTIC part) reaction to this, some are seeing this as the ultimate betrayal (people who do not have the mental capacity to realize Nade helped Optic more than Optic helped Nade) others (the majority) are showing the loyalty to the personality and the player, but I still cannot believe people think Nadeshot owes Optic anything, the way I see it without Scump and Nade (the faces of optic) the brand would be no different than any other org, they along with Hector transformed optic, it was not the other way around.

I'm not sure I agree with your assessment.  Optic was the most popular team in CoD even before Nadeshot arrived (back when Rambo was still on the team).  Look at Hecz's business success with the organization: he's been masterminding this thing for years; if it wasn't Nadeshot it would have simply been someone else that they grew out of that organization.  The reality is that Nadeshot didn't do anything "special": he's not an amazing player, nor has his "content" ever been ground-breaking.  He was in the right place at the right time and was smart enough to capitalize by devoting himself.  I feel that Hecz could have turned any number of players into "Nadeshot"; he's always been well ahead of the game in understanding that building a loyal fanbase truncates any other factor.  The content grind? That was Hecz.  Watch the early Nadeshot videos wherein he's super shy in front of the camera and Hecz has to keep telling him to "project" and "look into the camera"...thats where that entire inside joke started from which led to Nadeshot doing the same thing with MBoze when he first moved into the house.

• Upvote (+1) 8

DO NOT FALL FORE HIS DECEPTION FLETCH. HE WILL FEED YOU LIES WITH HIS CUNNING.

Umm, yes I'd like to know what input he has on the forthcoming team skins and if there will possibly be armour pieces and maybe a Beyond skin? Thanks.

I'm wearing my foil hat, dont worry.

I dont think he has any say on the skins. That strikes me as a 343 discussion. I can mention it though, if its worth putting in the interview I'll leave it in!

Can't be that difficult to find games in bronze.

He won't need a radar to find that burn

• Upvote (+1) 4

Pistola is an AR noob i see, hahaha.

Which pistola?  The flightless bird or the ham sandwich?

Vic with double/triple the amount of BR kills as anyone else   :walshy:

I'm pretty sure his youtube name (the name you can change, not the URL) was OpTic NaDeSHoT up until like yesterday when he changed it to just Nadeshot.

And this is the only thing H3cz has said about it, I think. 

I feel like if Hecz is going to say anything about it he's going to wait until he can be more in depth.  Or he won't say anything.   :lxthul:

Hm, in that case, I wonder how H1 ever became popular, given that the only people who must have been able to even shoot a bullet were pros.

54780795.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

If we lose one of Allegiance-Winterfox-Liquid I will be sad.

All great orgs. And Allegiance is the first org I find myself becoming a fan of separate from the players on the team. The AE owner seems like a really good dude and definitely has shown he knows how to run a good org.

It also helps that while they picked up my favorite Halo pro (Naded) they then also picked up my 2 favorite Smite streamers (Lassiz and Incon) thus getting me interested in competitive Smite.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not sure I agree with your assessment.  Optic was the most popular team in CoD even before Nadeshot arrived (back when Rambo was still on the team).  Look at Hecz's business success with the organization: he's been masterminding this thing for years; if it wasn't Nadeshot it would have simply been someone else that they grew out of that organization.  The reality is that Nadeshot didn't do anything "special": he's not an amazing player, nor has his "content" ever been ground-breaking.  He was in the right place at the right time and was smart enough to capitalize by devoting himself.  I feel that Hecz could have turned any number of players into "Nadeshot"; he's always been well ahead of the game in understanding that building a loyal fanbase truncates any other factor.  The content grind? That was Hecz.  Watch the early Nadeshot videos wherein he's super shy in front of the camera and Hecz has to keep telling him to "project" and "look into the camera"...thats where that entire inside joke started from which led to Nadeshot doing the same thing with MBoze when he first moved into the house.

Completely agree. Optic's growth and success is down to Hecz 100%.

It has been on an upwards spiral for years and continues to grow. Hecz got the sponsors, hecz made the team changes, hecz has been adamant players create content as well as creating content for the Optic brand himself.

OpTic was a leading brand before Nadeshot and is a leading brand after him.

OpTic gave Nadeshot the tools, advice and encouragement to become the streamer,creator he is today. He took it, and blew up. 

• Upvote (+1) 4