CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm sure Hecz is pretty hurt by nade's move. Hecz is a stand up guy and is always up front with everyone. So nade not even discussing this with Hecz beforehand would be pretty weak. Hecz was never the kind of guy who'd overreact/blast you on twitter for discussing something like this with him privately. Not sure why Nade wouldn't just talk to him about it man to man. 

I dunno the details or their recent history obviously but Nade was always a bit difficult to be around/work with so I can't say I'm surprised that he and Hecz started falling out like this over time. 

However Hec'z or any other member of optic have yet to congratulate Matt publically, wish him support or retweet his team announcement which is just wrong, Optic wouldn't be where it was today if it wasn't for the work Nade put in (and vice versa of course) 

Eh, they don't really owe him any congratulations. OpTic was the springboard for him. Yeah he took advantage of it and capitalized but to say that OpTic owes him a 'Congrats' is a bit of a reach. It might be the "moral high-ground" thing to do, but doesn't mean they need to.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm interviewing @@Vivi and I feel pretty confident when I say that Halo is in the right hands here.

Does anybody have any questions they're dying to ask an ESL League Administrator while I have him?

Can we please know the settings for PL? 

Also, how are all 8 teams getting paid in the PL?

Major, key questions here.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol. Naded is not getting banned from anything for his opinion. How did that even become a serious topic of conversation?

• Upvote (+1) 9

Can we please know the settings for PL? 

Also, how are all 8 teams getting paid in the PL?

Major, key questions here.

I'll include them! Pretty confident he wont be able to answer them, but it cant hurt to ask.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idk guys, Nadeshot was a big Final Boss fan back in the day, and 2gre doesn't have a team right now.... :intel:

pBXrCBp.png?3

jk I doubt he picks up a halo team at this point in his org's infancy

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm sure Hecz is pretty hurt by nade's move. Hecz is a stand up guy and is always up front with everyone. So nade not even discussing this with Hecz beforehand would be pretty weak. Hecz was never the kind of guy who'd overreact/blast you on twitter for discussing something like this with him privately. Not sure why Nade wouldn't just talk to him about it man to man. 

I dunno the details or their recent history obviously but Nade was always a bit difficult to be around/work with so I can't say I'm surprised that he and Hecz started falling out like this over time. 

Eh, they don't really owe him any congratulations. OpTic was the springboard for him. Yeah he took advantage of it and capitalized but to say that OpTic owes him a 'Congrats' is a bit of a reach. It might be the "moral high-ground" thing to do, but doesn't mean they need to.

agree with bold portion.

they probably just called him, or skype'd him like friends do, they don't owe the public anything regarding their own personal friendships

Idk guys, Nadeshot was a big Final Boss fan back in the day, and 2gre doesn't have a team right now.... :intel:

pBXrCBp.png?3

jk I doubt he picks up a halo team at this point in his org's infancy

I'm actually fairly confident that 2gres new team will be under Allegiance

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well said, couldn't agree more.

Anyone who closely follows the cod scene, knew there was trouble brewing between this pair. Probably over the fact that nadeshot has or had significant shares in Optic  (rightfully so as he was a MASSIVE part in building the brand) and wanted to form his own org, I mean he probably pitched the Idea months in advance (before this became a reality) and that is what caused the rift in the first. But that is just speculation as no one knows the full details. 

I think its a pride thing.  Nadeshot basically out-grew Optic; and his clear intentions to distance himself from the organization probably hurt Hecz who literally spent years sticking up for Nade and letting him run a Pro team that he really didn't have the skill-level to justify.  Obviously there were motives behind Hecz sticking with Nade all those years, but it still must blow to see the guy that you gave everything (he even stuck with Nade during that short Nade/Scump blowup wherein Scump left to go join chief-rival Envy) only to have him basically say "peace out, I'm bigger than you now and sticking around will just limit my own growth".

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Again, his breakup from Optic happened moths ago.  He hasn't had "Co-Owner of Optic" in his Twitter bio for months.  His new Twitter design that he launched a while ago features zero Optic branding .  This is simply the final nail in the coffin, as throughout this entire period they've still been spinning around technicalities to claim that he's still an "unofficial member", or "always a part of Optic"...with him now starting a competing organization the breakup is official. 

I'm pretty sure his youtube name (the name you can change, not the URL) was OpTic NaDeSHoT up until like yesterday when he changed it to just Nadeshot.

And this is the only thing H3cz has said about it, I think. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I genuinely doubt there is any bad blood between Hecz and Nadeshot, if anything I bet Hector is extremely happy for the guy. Optic has been doing absolutely fine with Nadeshot basically out of the picture for the last year. Also Nadeshot built the Optic brand more than the Optic brand built Nadeshot, so please stop with the Nadeshot doesn't appreciate Optic BS.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm pretty sure his youtube name (the name you can change, not the URL) was OpTic NaDeSHoT up until like yesterday when he changed it to just Nadeshot.

His Youtube was the only thing that still had "Optic" in it.  As you mentioned, that was removed yesterday as well.  In reality his Youtube profile was super outdated as his bio still said had that he was "Captain of Optic Gaming" despite the fact that he hadn't even been on the team for months.  I think he just forgot to change it.

I was watching Flame's stream last night and someone in the chat mentioned 100 thieves, he had no idea what it was or who was behind it. He started googling a thousand thieves. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nadeshot has to distance himself from Optic BTW, otherwise he couldn't have a team in the league. He can't be an owner of two teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nadeshot mentioned possibly owning his own org like a month ago. Its not like this came out of nowhere.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Nadeshot has to distance himself from Optic BTW, otherwise he couldn't have a team in the league. He can't be an owner of two teams.

He distanced himself a WHILE ago.  He's sponsored by Red Bull, Optic is sponsored by Brisk Mate.  They CAN NOT have a business relationship.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

His Youtube was the only thing that still had "Optic" in it.  As you mentioned, that was removed yesterday as well.  In reality his Youtube profile was super outdated as his bio still said had that he was "Captain of Optic Gaming" despite the fact that he hadn't even been on the team for months.  I think he just forgot to change it.

He also forgot how to make good content

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He also forgot how to make good content

You don't like his videos where he's tidying his apartment or dog sitting? Riveting stuff

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just stopping by for my monthly Ogre 2 update. Who's he teaming with/does it look good?

Looks like 2gre was running with Randa, Cloud, & Danoxide last night, vs. Optic (Naded, Maniac, Ace, Flamesword).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm actually fairly confident that 2gres new team will be under Allegiance

just a hunch or do you have a reason for this?

I also hope that Winterfox stays in the scene, possibly with whatever team Randa ends up on. Its probably my favorite org to have entered into Halo. Guitar, the owner, seems to really care for his players and truly wants the best for them. I'd hate to see such a great org ran by a really cool dude leave Halo.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't agree with that all. Halo 5 is a very hard game for casuals to pick up and do well in.

Hm, in that case, I wonder how H1 ever became popular, given that the only people who must have been able to even shoot a bullet were pros.

• Upvote (+1) 1