CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

:weback: ? 

This is very interesting. What's worrying me is that 343 is about out of time to make changes to pro league gametypes. Maybe they'll have teams qualify on current rules and begin introducing changes before the regular season start?

I got a "if he does this again, he's banned from HCS" vibe from this tweet, ngl.

He's the MVP of the biggest Halo tournament in history with one of the biggest streaming audiences. 343 just can't ignore this outburst, that's for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's the MVP of the biggest Halo tournament in history with one of the biggest streaming audiences. 343 just can't ignore this outburst, that's for sure.

Can someone give me a break down of what he says?

At work so can't view the vid

• Upvote (+1) 1

I completely agree. I just hope they took what he said into consideration rather than telling him not to speak out like that again.

I for one, want much more fiesta and warzone gametypes. I also love the ranking system, the fact you can match team of 4's solo and I just generally want more req pack customization. I really hope they add a gungoose playlist, it would really break up my griffball grinding.

There's nothing I love more (when it comes to killing freetime) than Halo. I had to tap out when playing competitively meant winning a matchmaking lottery to get balanced teams (once every 15 games?) and the only social mode was a new Warzone mode that felt like a cynical micro-transactions ploy. I've just given away my X1 and occasionally play H3/Reach on my old 360. I would have kept a X1 and stuck with MCC and the backwards emulated reach but true to 343 form, both were mismanaged unplayable messes. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I got a "if he does this again, he's banned from HCS" vibe from this tweet, ngl.

If they banned him for that, I would be absolutely down with this league. He did nothing wrong. He didn't talk bad about 343, he just simply shared frustrations, which he has a right to do. If he doesn't enjoy playing this game, why should he have to pretend to?

He's passionate about this community, and halo. So when he sees a problem he wants it fixed not excused. Therefore there isn't any punishment deserved for trying to spread awareness that there is a problem. If he cares about this game, which he does, he will do everything to get this game fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Really odd how Nadeshot is a co-owner (or was) of OpTic and now basically ditched every shred of OpTic branding from his social channels to start his own team.

I understand that owning 100% of something is always the preferred option, but it will take some hard work - but with his following and contacts it will be easier than some random guy just starting a team.

Probably was some trouble in paradise, the beginning of his video he said that he told Hecz the morning before the announcement.

Also, I wouldn't get your hopes up about a Halo team, I would say COD and branching into CS:GO would be a good start.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Really odd how Nadeshot is a co-owner (or was) of OpTic and now basically ditched every shred of OpTic branding from his social channels to start his own team.

Probably was some trouble in paradise, the beginning of his video he said that he told Hecz the morning before the announcement.

Also, I wouldn't get your hopes up about a Halo team, I would say COD and branching into CS:GO would be a good start.

I don't even think it was trouble in paradise or anything related to OpTic. Maybe it was an idea in the back of his head and the opportunity arose so he impulsively took it. The fact that he shafted Hecz like that is a bit mind boggling and makes me feel like it was just a reckless decision.

Also still salty that its 100Thieves instead of Hundred Thieves.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I understand that owning 100% of something is always the preferred option, but it will take some hard work - but with his following and contacts it will be easier than some random guy just starting a team.

It was a dick move.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't even think it was trouble in paradise or anything related to OpTic. Maybe it was an idea in the back of his head and the opportunity arose so he impulsively took it. The fact that he shafted Hecz like that is a bit mind boggling and makes me feel like it was just a reckless decision.

I disagree, he is / was a co owner of OpTic, out of nowhere ditches the branding and picks up a competing team in the same game and same league that OpTic is competing in.

There will for sure be some salt that comes from this :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I completely agree. I just hope they took what he said into consideration rather than telling him not to speak out like that again.

No way would criticizing the game they play ever be a bannable offense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What's Quinn's GT? Kinda curious how he played while "soloing in team arena."

Also, kinda curious, as I was just reminded by his twitter he use to work for gears: Didn't the gears guys get a bunch of flack for ignoring the competitive community? Kinda of like smash brothers they knew it existed but they did nothing to help it? I remember reading this somewhere a long time ago contrasting bungie's work with MLG and how gears pretty much said they wanted nothing to do with MLG.

The "co-ownership" thing ended months ago, and in reality no one even knows what that entailed in the first place (it came out of left field when it was announced).  He posted a video months ago wherein he first outlined the idea of starting his own organization, and in that video he actually admitted that there was a period wherein he wasn't even on speaking terms with Hecz, but that they had patched things up since then.  Its clearly been a rocky breakup, no matter what both parties want to admit (they've both down-played whats been happening).  The fact that Nadeshot "e-mailed" him literally yesterday morning is kind of ridiculous, considering that if you look at that new Turtle Beach wall of graffiti at the Optic House you'd notice that they actually threw Nadeshot's name on there as well.  Hecz cant be happy with the short notice/timing; he hasn't even mentioned a thing on Twitter or in today's VLOG...no "congratulations" or anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Basically he thinks Halo 5 caters too much to casual players, that the game is too easy and that 343 refuses to listen to the community and the pros. He wants the AR gone, automatics on a longer respawn, sniper more difficult to use, team doubles/snipers etc. Basically what we all want.

I don't agree with that all. Halo 5 is a very hard game for casuals to pick up and do well in.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That is just the logo, I believe the official team name uses the word, not the number.

Basing this soley on the fact that it is that way on the cod world league home page btw.

Edit: Nevermind someone already explained the Nadeshot-Hecz drama.

To be honest we need more pro's speaking up like Naded. We arent going to get the necessary changes unless they do.

The fact you cant grind a playlist with competitive only gamemodes is nothing short of a disgrace.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Well he does say it like Hundred Thieves, but writing it he puts the 100. He didn't say One Hundred Thieves. HT is a far better acronym than OHT.

And he mentioned before that if he was going to get back into Gaming vs solely YouTube he'd want to start his own org. Unfortunate we don't know all the details of how it all went down but if you miss an opportunity to do something you have been wanting to do, you will have regrets. Hecz is a forgiving guy, hell he even got over Ace ditching them and now rejoining.

He has the cushion of being insanely rich and successful which will definitely buy him time to get the kinks ironed out.

I disagree, he is / was a co owner of OpTic, out of nowhere ditches the branding and picks up a competing team in the same game and same league that OpTic is competing in.

There will for sure be some salt that comes from this :simms:

Again, his breakup from Optic happened moths ago.  He hasn't had "Co-Owner of Optic" in his Twitter bio for months.  His new Twitter design that he launched a while ago features zero Optic branding .  This is simply the final nail in the coffin, as throughout this entire period they've still been spinning around technicalities to claim that he's still an "unofficial member", or "always a part of Optic"...with him now starting a competing organization the breakup is official. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't agree with that all. Halo 5 is a very hard game for casuals to pick up and do well in.

Yeah, I don't know. I mean I understand the debate but sometimes we're splitting hairs. Like the game would be good with an AR damage reduction of 2% or with AR's like they are. I'd like this game either way. If I get beat they're probably better than me and that's all I care about.

Again, his breakup from Optic happened moths ago.  He hasn't had "Co-Owner of Optic" in his Twitter bio for months.  His new Twitter design that he launched a while ago features zero Optic branding .  This is simply the final nail in the coffin, as throughout this entire period they've still been spinning around technicalities to claim that he's still an "unofficial member", or "always a part of Optic"...with him now starting a competing organization the breakup is official. 

Well said, couldn't agree more.

Anyone who closely follows the cod scene knew there was trouble brewing between this pair. Probably over the fact that nadeshot has or had significant shares in Optic  (rightfully so as he was a MASSIVE part in building the brand) and wanted to form his own org, I mean he probably pitched the Idea months in advance (before this became a reality) and that is what caused the rift in the first place. But that is just speculation as no one knows the full details. 

However Hec'z or any other member of optic have yet to congratulate Matt publically, wish him support or retweet his team announcement which is just wrong, Optic wouldn't be where it was today if it wasn't for the work Nade put in (and vice versa of course) 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm interviewing @@Vivi and I feel pretty confident when I say that Halo is in the right hands here.

Does anybody have any questions they're dying to ask an ESL League Administrator while I have him?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1