CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

75ceh6nd.jpg

:thinking:

looks like a rap album that i'd probably listen to. Not a fan of the name though. In fact, it's terrible. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

"I hope you match to4 after to4"

"Thanks!"

God damnit Quinn

Yeah you either get completely blanked or a sarcastic response from him, which is in fitting with the type of maturity levels someone who decides two binaries on coli is a good idea would have.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Been on my mind for the past few months so here we go...

- It is so frustrating, as a fan, watching these scrims to have these squads bash each other (I'm refering to teammates, not trash-talking their opponents) after every loss, but when they do win a game, and some pressure is relieved they just sit there in silence.  Not every team does it, and some teams do it more than others, but having played competitive sports, and competitive "rec" leagues, I always tried to build my team with "selfless" individuals, even if it meant picking a player over another who may not have as much talent.  Also having my bachelor's degree in Psychology, and taken several "sports psychology" classes, the studies show that more individuals perform better when they receive "positive reinforcement".  Yes, I know everyone is different, and there are those that perform best when they receive an ass-chewing, or have a coach or manager that is strict, but I just feel that I see so many Halo Pros that have their emotions swing from one extreme to another from game to game.  And as I have stated before, I am not a CLG fan, have never rooted for them, but respect the hell out of them, but I feel this is a huge reason why they are so successful.  The majority of the time, you can't tell much of a difference, after a game, in their attitude in a win compared to a loss. They are nearly always cool, calm and collected, and never get too high or too low.  Obviously, winning at a high of a rate as they do is a reason for this, but an example I will use is Lxthul's attitude after losing "X-Games" in one of the best, most watched Halo series of all time.  He knew he was going to catch a ton of shit for leaving EG, only to get beat by them in the gold medal match. However, this is where he is a psychological veteran, afterwards he  said (paraphrasing) "I didn't come to CLG to win a X-Games gold medal, I came to CLG to win $2.5million".  He knew that everyone wanted to see him pissed off and defeated, and although he was liking feeling those emotions inside, he didn't let the world know it. If anything, the loss at X-Games was probably the best thing for CLG because it probably was an awakening that they weren't just going to be able to show up at HWC and have the championship handed to them, they were going to have to fight for it. 

Sorry for the rambling, and I am aware that there is a ton at stake in the next few years in Halo (possibly enough money to retire on, legacy, opening doors in to a career, etc), but if these players can't recover from an online scrim on a Monday night in April, when nothing is on the line, how are they going to overcome any adversity when there are thousands of people watching on the biggest stage with tons of money on the line, and when you just let your opponents get back in the game when you were up +10 kills, and now the score is tied, and there is 3mins to go and the score is tied at 40, in a game 7? 

I purposely didn't point out any single Halo Pro for their ability to "tilt" (not a fan of this word), because every one of us has done this at some point or another in our lives, but, PLEASE, if anything if you just witnessed your teammate "get shit on" or single handily lose a game for you, pick them up, have their back and let them know to forget it and you guys can easily win the next game. 

Rant over. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Been on my mind for the past few months so here we go...

- It is so frustrating as a fan watching these scrims to have these squads bash each other (I'm refering to teammates not trash-talking their opponents) after every loss, but when they do when a game, and some pressure is relieved that just sit there in silence. Not every team does it, and some teams do it more than other, but having played competitive sports, and competitive "rec" leagues, I always tried to build my team with "selfless" individuals even if it meant picking a player over another who may have a tad less talent. Also having my bachelor's degree in Psychology, and taken several "sports psychology" classes, the studies show that more individuals perform better when they receive "positive reinforcement". Yes, I know everyone is different, and there are those that perform best when they receive an ass-chewing, or have a coach or manager that is strict, but I just feel that I see so many Halo Pros that have their emotions swing from one extreme to another from game to game. And as I have stated before, I am not a CLG fan, have never rooted for the, but respect the hell out of them, but I feel this is a huge reason why they are so successful. The majority of the time, you can't tell much of a difference, after a game, in their attitude in a win compared to a loss. They are nearly always cool, calm and collected, and never get too high or too low. Obviously, winning at as high of a rate as they do is a reason for this, but an example I will use is Lxthul's attitude after losing "X-Games" in one of the best, most watched Halo series of all time. He knew he was going to catch a ton of shit for leaving EG, only to get beat by them in the gold medal match. However, this is where he is a psychological veteran, afterwards he just said (paraphrasing) "I didn't come to CLG to win a X-Games gold medal, I came to CLG to win $2.5million". He knew that everyone wanted to see him pissed off and defeated, and although he was liking feeling those emotions inside, he didn't let the world know it. If anything, the loss at X-Games was probably the best thing for CLG because it probably was an awakening that they weren't just going to be able to show up at HWC and have the championship handed to them, they were going to have to fight for it.

Sorry for the rambling, and I am aware that there is a ton at stake in the next few years in Halo (possibly enough money to retire on, legacy, opening doors in to a career, etc), but if these players can't recover from an online scrim on a Monday night in April, when nothing is on the line, how are they going to overcome any adversity when there are thousands of people watching on the biggest stage with tons of money on the line, and you just let your opponents get back in the game when you were up +10 kills, and now the score is tied, and there is 3mins to go and the score is tied at 40, in a game 7?

I purposely didn't point out any single Halo Pro for their ability to "tilt" (not a fan of this word), because every one of us has done this at some point or another in our lives, but, PLEASE, if anything if you just see your teammate "get shit on" or single handily lose a game for you, pick them up, have their back and let them know to forget it and you guys can easily win the next game.

Rant over.

I agree completely. I hear way too much negativity and not enough positive thoughts after both wins and losses. It's tough cuz esports is different in that a "game" is more like a quarter of a regular sport because 1 game is just part of a larger series. But maybe if they tried to "finish strong" like in a 4th quarter they could get the rally mentality and keep a positive outlook on a whole series as opposed to 1 bad game or play.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

75ceh6nd.jpg

Would be cool to see a Halo team jump on board with Nadeshot's Org especially from the start.

Nadeshot is very passionate about building this org.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree completely. I hear way too much negativity and not enough positive thoughts after both wins and losses. It's tough cuz esports is different in that a "game" is more like a quarter of a regular sport because 1 game is just part of a larger series. But maybe if they tried to "finish strong" like in a 4th quarter they could get the rally mentality and keep a positive outlook on a whole series as opposed to 1 bad game or play.

I think we can't discount how good of a leader Snakebite is. I'm sure the other CLG guys hate hearing that Snakebite is the leader, but in all their post-game he is leading the discussion. He is giving constructive feedback, what went right, what went wrong without sounding critical or demeaning. Dude should is absolutely cut out to be a high level manager in a business.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Nadeshot wants 100Thieves to scale organically and will be taking things with caution. He talked about picking up a CSGO or LoL team but didn't mention Halo and probably won't be interested until he is more established.

"Lets see can we play some CSGO, LoL, DOTA, some fighting games, whatever, whatever the world brings us we will try and tackle and handle the best way we can"

"Im looking for any opportunity to move into the world of CSGO, Lol or any game or team that makes sense for me. I will move move ahead with that as quickly as I can"

Halo is more than attractive to Orgs now. The scene numbers are growing, and of course we have millions of dollars in prie money to be won. If the right team reaches out to Nadeshot im sure he will jump into the Halo scene. 

https://youtu.be/VrE-XiP9eLw?t=4m13s

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did CLG scrim anyone last night?

E6, CLG ended up winning I think 9-4 

OG vs 2gre squad scrims ended 8-5 (in OGs favor) as far as I can tell 

• Upvote (+1) 2

While the honeymoon phase may be nearing an end for RNG, like a lot of ppl said I hope they don't let these scrims discourage them from getting the full potential out of this team by breaking up. I don't really see that happening after one bad scrim but teams have been known to do crazy things or start a downward spiral.

Another marriage reference for ya: years of love lost in the hatred of a moment.

I only watched the first four games of the RNG - TL scrim last night, and from that, Ninja had some shit luck with grenades. That being said, I think they looked pretty good in those first four games, and communication was good. I don't know what happened after that, but they only went 3-6? It is a bit discouraging, but they need to just play through it. Watch the footage from last night, and play again tonight. Learn from the mistakes, it was only their second night back. 

tfw you finally wake up

You can actually see a couple of seconds response time between Ace seeing the sniper and registering that he wants it. He just looks at it for a second and then he's like ooh a sniper.

• Upvote (+1) 2