CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Best part of the day. 

Hey, I know the announcement was well after tickets were sold out, but anyone here heading to PAX this weekend?

I will be there

Why is this was such a short notice announcement? It was the same thing with HWC. Why are other esports able to schedule and provide details of events well in advance but for Halo we get vague answers or worse, silence? It is unbelievably frustrating.

I think 343 had to wait for all the former Allegiance guys to get on teams before they could really announce anything official. It seems like this invitational wouldn't have even taken place had Allegiance not broken up the way they did, so they couldn't really give advanced announcement of something they weren't even aware was going to need to take place.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey everybody!

Just want to make a quick comment on an upcoming Halo Tournament that's taking place at the end of the month that hasn't gotten much love here. As you may or may not know...

EGLx in Toronto takes place from May 29th to April 1st and will feature a $10,000 guaranteed prize pool. We've got an awesome talent line up with Walshy, Mad Max, Covent as commentators and Throoper hosting the event! @@Voodooman as always is putting his heart and soul into organizing an incredible tournament for the community and I'll be there as a Floor Manager for Halo and CoD!

Unfortunately, the ESL Online Qualifier was scheduled for the same weekend which sort of hurts, but it creates an incredible opportunity for the AM community to show up and have a real shot at taking home some great $$$.

If you have any questions, please send them my way! We're really excited to put on an excellent tournament and keep supporting the game and community we love! If you're in the area, near by, or competing make sure you stop and say hello!

Link to the event: http://eglx.ca/

May 29th - June 1st? April 29th - May 1st? Or is it that long of an event?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo event announcements need to start being made well in advance.

You more than likely have 0 control over this, but I cannot recall a time that a Halo event announcement was made with enough time for people to actually book trips and show up.

aaaaamen

May 29th - June 1st? April 29th - May 1st? Or is it that long of an event?

Its an endurance tournament.

I wish my brain was functioning today...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really hope people show up to that event and tune in. It sucks people only support the big events and give the middle finger to smaller events

Its an endurance tournament.

Not gonna lie I'd tune in to a month long Tour De Walsh.

What would be the best strategy? Normal sleep? Taking small naps? Pulling all nighters? Would you have a time based elimination (e.g. person in last place after X amount of time gets eliminated until one person is left) or do you just play for a month and whoever is on top wins it? What about a Endurance Race format where there's more than 1 player swapping out and playing on shifts?

Would be kind of interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I really hope people show up to that event and tune in. It sucks people only support the big events and give the middle finger to smaller events

I'd love to see some additional support coming from the people who have the ability to do so, but we'll see what happens in the next two weeks. I think this will be an incredible event, we've got some awesome talent, great sponsor support, excellent prize pool for a non ESL/HCS event, and an awesome team behind the event.

Oh and...We've got a pretty solid Beyond Dank Mod Team on the Twitch channel and we're looking for a few more if anybody is interested. That should keep the chat fun and interesting:) Dave Easily, W0uld, Sandman, Moses, Terraform and a few others. If anybody else wants to join my dank team of mods, hmu.

Not gonna lie I'd tune in to a month long Tour De Walsh.

What would be the best strategy? Normal sleep? Taking small naps? Pulling all nighters? Would you have a time based elimination (e.g. person in last place after X amount of time gets eliminated until one person is left) or do you just play for a month and whoever is on top wins it? What about a Endurance Race format where there's more than 1 player swapping out and playing on shifts?

Would be kind of interesting.

Week long Team Slayer. Best of 1. Unlimited score. Team with the higher score at the end of the week, wins and gets 8 hours to recover before the next match starts.

Round 2 is a week long CTF. Same rules apply.

You heard it here first.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The use of arguably is arguably the most argument inducing argument to be put forth on this site's history.

This is literally true. 

Week long Team Slayer. Best of 1. Unlimited score. Team with the higher score at the end of the week, wins and gets 8 hours to recover before the next match starts.

You heard it here first.

Endurance eSports, the new meta.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo event announcements need to start being made well in advance.

You more than likely have 0 control over this, but I cannot recall a time that a Halo event announcement was made with enough time for people to actually book trips and show up.

Columbus was announced pretty far in advance but tickets only went on sale like a couple weeks before which sucked because the last thing I could book was the most important arguably. 

Very much hoping one of the Lans we're getting will be East Coast.

You heard it here first.

I'd watch it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd love to see some additional support coming from the people who have the ability to do so, but we'll see what happens in the next two weeks. I think this will be an incredible event, we've got some awesome talent, great sponsor support, excellent prize pool for a non ESL/HCS event, and an awesome team behind the event.

Oh and...We've got a pretty solid Beyond Dank Mod Team on the Twitch channel and we're looking for a few more if anybody is interested. That should keep the chat fun and interesting:) Dave Easily, W0uld, Sandman, Moses, Terraform and a few others. If anybody else wants to join my dank team of mods, hmu.

I'd be down to mod. 

I have the power!

he_man_i_have_the_power-50997.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Best part of the day. 

Hey, I know the announcement was well after tickets were sold out, but anyone here heading to PAX this weekend?

I will be there

I'll be there on Sunday

I agree with you but this relationship is whats to be expected. Quinn is an exec at a AAA studio. I wouldn't expect to have direct communication with a base level engineer at a fortune 500 company.

Have you ever visited David Vonderhaar's twitter? The level of interaction he has with the CoD community is amazing; I see him responding to feedback often. He is very transparent about changes being made to the game, and I've seen him straight up ask for feedback before. 343 doesn't seem to be able to even publicly admit their failures. Basically, I wish Treyarch had control of the Halo franchise.

(This isn't to say 343 is horrible, there are far worse developers out there. They are much improved from what they were during The 4 as well).

I'll go back to lurking.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Have you ever visited David Vonderhaar's twitter? The level of interaction he has with the CoD community is amazing; I see him responding to feedback often. He is very transparent about changes being made to the game, and I've seen him straight up ask for feedback before. 343 doesn't seem to be able to even publicly admit their failures. Basically, I wish Treyarch had control of the Halo franchise.

(This isn't to say 343 is horrible, there are far worse developers out there. They are much improved from what they were during The 4 as well).

I'll go back to lurking.

Have you seen blops3 that game has wall running, double jumping, slide, thrusting. Has gone so far from the simplicity of old CoDs.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Have you seen blops3 that game has wall running, double jumping, slide, thrusting. Has gone so far from the simplicity of old CoDs.

while true, doesn't invalidate the fact that the dude still takes feedback/talks to people about the decisions they're making. 

trust me, i'm with you. I'm a cod4 fanboy until my dying day. I still play it on PC from time to time. But vonderhaar was always at least willing to listen/explain his reasoning for stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Black Ops is a very solid series - plays well.

• Upvote (+1) 1