CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

https://www.twitch.tv/naded/v/60883417

Forgive me if this is late as fuck and has already been discussed to death, but I haven't seen Naded's thoughts on Halo 5 posted here yet. They start at 2:25:10 and go on for at least 30 min. I really hope everyone listens and we can start a broader discussion on this similar to the Breakout discussion a couple months ago.

it stands out to me that he's talking about disliking spawn predictability in h5, but h1 had a completely figured out spawn system, and h3 was also extremely easy to influence/predict the spawns. Is he saying he had that issue with all the games and its always been an issue for him? or is he saying something about h5 has made the situation worse? 

Spartan streamed it, I watched the whole thing.

Wow thanks not sure how i missed it. I'll grab it from there

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's nice seeing old faces succeed in other games

And then there's me.  Just trying to succeed in one game.

....The game of life.  (Or Halo 5, whichever)

• Upvote (+1) 3

it stands out to me that he's talking about disliking spawn predictability in h5, but h1 had a completely figured out spawn system, and h3 was also extremely easy to influence/predict the spawns. Is he saying he had that issue with all the games and its always been an issue for him? or is he saying something about h5 has made the situation worse? 

I take it to mean that spawns in H5 seem to be much less influenced by things such as lines of sight, grenades, etc.

Think about how common it is in this game to spawn literally looking at somebody, or to spawn in another person's line of sight. Or to spawn literally on top of a grenade. Did this happen in other Halo games too? Sure, but to my memory, not to the extent that it happens in H5. In H5, we've seen entire flag runs stopped in tournament games because of lucky spawns.

I'm not sure if I'd use the word "predictable", but they're really weird, no doubt.

In H1, these spawns were at least controllable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what scrims are we setting up tonight? Personally I'd like to see TL vs RNG as they haven't scrimmed yet. I'd be down for another RNG vs CLG though.

Also, EG vs NV plz

• Upvote (+1) 2

I take it to mean that spawns in H5 seem to be much less influenced by things such as lines of sight, grenades, etc.

Think about how common it is in this game to spawn literally looking at somebody, or to spawn in another person's line of sight. Or to spawn literally on top of a grenade. Did this happen in other Halo games too? Sure, but to my memory, not to the extent that it happens in H5. In H5, we've seen entire flag runs stopped in tournament games because of lucky spawns.

I'm not sure if I'd use the word "predictable", but they're really weird, no doubt.

In H1, these spawns were at least controllable.

Okay that makes sense. I was pretty sure I was misunderstanding something. Thank you for the explanation!

yeah, it's cool to see. XiT Omega (halo 2 pro) won the first smite world championship. It's nice seeing old faces succeed in other games

Ryanoob was high master's in SC2 and played on a semi-pro (pro?) team in Dota 2, I believe

So what scrims are we setting up tonight? Personally I'd like to see TL vs RNG as they haven't scrimmed yet. I'd be down for another RNG vs CLG though.

Also, EG vs NV plz

Eg vs RNG plz
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one who is kind of happy that the PAX lan won't be for every team. Since CLG won't be there  a other team can win.  :lxthul:

Apparently spawns are at least 90% predictable but I guess the game would be too hectic without radar.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ryanoob was high master's in SC2 and played on a semi-pro (pro?) team in Dota 2, I believe

High master isn't that impressive (i was one), I believe walshy was also master in sc2.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd love Naded and the rest of Optic to scrim the 343 Pro Team and beat some sense into them about what makes a competitive Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yep, totally awesome. Halo players make the best multi-gamers.

For context, Hybrid won EGL9 alongside Ninja, SeptiQ & Zyruz

100% agree. Enable, Formal, Crimsix, Huke, Walshy, 2gre, XiT Omega, Zyos, Karma, summit1g, arlygoodnoob, Ninja,  .... the list goes on. 

Not entirely sure of the date of the Penguin spotlight, but we're going to try and knock it out over the next day or two!

@@Vivi and I talked a little on Skype however this weekend and I'm pretty confident that I'll be interviewing him for a Community Spotlight!

Seeing as its a Community Spotlight, if you want to shoot me any questions you may have for the man, I'll include them in the interview. That being said, obviously there will be certain areas and questions that he cant answer, but I'll try to pick his brain as much as possible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd love Naded and the rest of Optic to scrim the 343 Pro Team and beat some sense into them about what makes a competitive Halo game.

pro team wold wipe the floor with optic

• Upvote (+1) 1

And what exactly would that accomplish.....?

If they took out radar CLG would wreck even harder with their teamwork and communication. Just a thought. 

Also does the pro team do anything now? They've been pretty quiet since release. I've only run into them on mm a few times

pro team wold wipe the floor with optic

Exactly. Neighbor and StrongSide are actually good at this game, from what I've seen. 

Scrims for tonight:

EG vs NV

RNG vs Liquid

CLG vs E6

Optic vs Denial

If any one of these teams is not on tonight their matchup should scrim Elevate.

Let's make it happen folks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they took out radar CLG would wreck even harder with their teamwork and communication. Just a thought. 

Also does the pro team do anything now? They've been pretty quiet since release. I've only run into them on mm a few times

If they're in matchmaking on personal tags they're not working... Most of the work the pro team does is internal. Play testing gametypes and maps before they're released to the public. Their contribution to the game at the moment is represented by the release of new maps and gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 1