CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Awesome to hear that Contra and Devon are probably going to team with Ryanoob and Goofy. That team has a load of potential imo. 

Potential? Sure. But they don't look very good right now at all...

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Potential? Sure. But they don't look very good right now at all...

They almost came back on one of RNG's better gametypes, Plaza SH. 100-99. Not to mention RNG is a top 3 team rn that has scrimmed a lot together. This is Denial's 2nd scrim with this roster.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Heres a fun question: Which past halo God squad, if still together, would preform the best in this game? Conditions: All players are grinding consistently, have passion for the game, and are in their prime. My vote would either go to 07 FB or the Halo Reach Instinct squad. Having been able to see all four players on that instinct squad play this game helps though. 

Heinz Ola Snip3down Formal.

and before I get attacked by not picking 07 FB: I never watched them play. I just assume they were amazing because of what I heard people say they achieved. Now that H4 Ambush squad could be very good at H5. Ola is slowly but surely getting all of his skill back and Formal, when he plays H5, he can compete vs the top AM players and a good amount of pros, so imagine if he DID grind this game. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

everyone seems bored

we should do individual power rankings  :kappa:

1.  mediabrute

2.  mikeface killa

3.  ssbChad

This is about memes right? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

They almost came back on one of RNG's better gametypes, Plaza SH. 100-99. Not to mention RNG is a top 3 team rn that has scrimmed a lot together. This is Denial's 2nd scrim with this roster.

Idk. Ryanoob is underrated but goofy? There were better pickups, IMO. 

Heinz, 2gre, Hysteria, etc. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If players always have a br, why would they ever need to switch to a magnum?

The only situation I can think of is low ammo, but that's something that can be fleshed out.  Maybe BR only starts?  Or Pistol only starts with AR's on the map as someone else suggested.  I just don't want to see the players start with AR's.  If the players try some other setups and still think the current one is best, then OK.  I just think there wasn't really much of a discussion as to the best settings is all. 

I'm really glad Ryanoob and Goofy are on a good team again. I love the way their playstyles work together

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a chemistry thing. Plus Goofy suffered from FiS syndrome - sucking at H5 for a while, then improving ( a lot ). 

Also, they just steaked RNG on Coli TS  :intensifies:

Evidently there's barely anyone even playing Team Arena with these Onyx/Diamond/Diamond/Plat matchups I've been getting lately. How about instead of making a new playlist, we just remove gametypes that aren't actual competitive gametypes out of Team Arena?

Or is this too far out there?

Revisiting this for a moment, holy fuck I just played 3 matches in a row against at least two 1900+ onyx people, highest on my team either game was like one 1500 onyx.

...I'm only diamond 1.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've said this to someone else before but don't underestimate the Ryanoob/goofy duo. They're average placing is around 2.5 I believe. They play really well together. 

A lot of times its just about how well players mesh with each other not just about picking up the player with the most individual skill. For instance, Devon and Contra ran with Stellur and Hysteria(both players with really high individual skill) a couple weeks ago and looked far worse than this current Denial with Ryanoob and Goofy. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

PKHz3YT.png

grZAZ.gif

I feel like Penguin dosen't have that same "free" role on this RNG squad. I am not saying it is a bad thing, but I honestly expect is overall numbers to drop a bit. Keep in mind I am not talking about that one game, just as an overall observation. Plus, he is probably still rusty. He has not played vs top players in about 3 days I believe. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like Penguin dosen't have that same "free" role on this RNG squad. I am not saying it is a bad thing, but I honestly expect is overall numbers to drop a bit. Keep in mind I am not talking about that one game, just as an overall observation. Plus, he is probably still rusty. He has not played vs top players in about 3 days I believe. 

yeah i believe he was on vacation, obviously a bit rusty 

Revisiting this for a moment, holy fuck I just played 3 matches in a row against at least two 1900+ onyx people, highest on my team either game was like one 1500 onyx.

...I'm only diamond 1.

I've had the exact opposite experience. I'm D3 and I almost always play with other low diamonds/high plats. On occasion I get low plats and golds (who invariably shit the bed) or low onyxs (who carry). I don't think it's low pop, I think it's that the ranking system in this game is fuckin wacko.

So I just got done watching the Team Exile5 after movie from Worlds. Pretty great video. Recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

And then I discovered that Exile5 actually produced a ton of content around HaloWC. Can be seen in this playlist. 

As far as known to me, no other team produced nearly as much content. It is curious to me that an org from one of the smallest Halo regions would show everyone else off. CLG has exactly 2 Worlds on their channel. 

I have seen the vids from Towey, what other good videos are out there?

Edit. I had meant to post this playlist from the creator Wololo.

&list=PLMBGMNdAEt1gQnOiDyU1y9IWAu3v_6CIQ

...I'm only diamond 1.

Yeah thats happened to me as well. I honestly wouldnt mind it if the game could take this into account for your rank progress and placement matches. This season 6 or 8 of my SWAT placement games were against two different champion squads.

I remember the other day hearing a few pro's talking about useless damage example: someones on the other side of the map from your whole team and you get one pistol shot in him.  He is in no position to be pushed and so the damage was pointless cause he can't get cleaned up anyway.  I think, in this game, there's no such thing as useless damage.  Even in that example where the player cannot possibly get cleaned up theone pistol shot, at the very least, requires him to walk to his destination to get shields back instead of sprinting and slows his ability to get to his spot.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

I remember the other day hearing a few pro's talking about useless damage example: someones on the other side of the map from your whole team and you get one pistol shot in him.  He is in no position to be pushed and so the damage was pointless cause he can't get cleaned up anyway.  I think, in this game, there's no such thing as useless damage.  Even in that example where the player cannot possibly get cleaned up theone pistol shot, at the very least, requires him to walk to his destination to get shields back instead of sprinting and slows his ability to get to his spot.  

But in the process of shooting, you gave away your location, which gives information to the enemy team.  It's not a worthwhile tradeoff.

And also likely put yourself in need of reloading, which you cannot do while sprinting either.

contra just gave ninja the sauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce man. jeepers

edit: then ninja gave ryanoob the juuuuuuuuice man.. omg

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've said this to someone else before but don't underestimate the Ryanoob/goofy duo. They're average placing is around 2.5 I believe. They play really well together. 

A lot of times its just about how well players mesh with each other not just about picking up the player with the most individual skill. For instance, Devon and Contra ran with Stellur and Hysteria(both players with really high individual skill) a couple weeks ago and looked far worse than this current Denial with Ryanoob and Goofy. 

Not sure past average placings really matters anymore though. Just ask 2gre and Ola at regionals. 

Don't know who it is but someone on denial has a really bad attitude. Can't take constructive criticism.