CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only poster on these forums that achieved their rep the hard way.

No memes

No gifs

No :dank:

Same here. Meme free way to be. Only memes that are worth posting IMO are ones that are user-created for a specific circumstance. @@mediabrute is on point in his meme game. 

I much prefer browsing the forums at work where imgur is blocked and I miss most of the memes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Newly formed teams play CLG (the BEST team in the game) once and so many people give up on them and say they should make team changes  :wutface:  Some fairy tale dream team isn't gonna form and sweep CLG, they're too good. Teams need to play them more and learn.

Exactly. Roster swapping very rarely improves a team. Grinding for months is the way to go. Cross your fingers for season-long roster locks.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Step 1 to beating CLG is to slay better than they do.

Yes, they have near perfect positioning. Yes, they know exactly what to do in every situation. Yes, they seem to always be on the same page. But the very first thing you need to do is outslay them and win individual battles. I'd argue that no current team has even managed to do that.

It's no surprise why the old Denial roster was the only team that was able to put up a decent fight vs CLG. It's because they were a group of 4 players who were really skilled individually and managed to outslay CLG on occasion.

The problem in my opinion is that there is no group of players out there that:

A. Can go toe-to-toe with CLG in slaying and even outslay them

B. Has the mental composure and tactical discipline to close out games

The old Denial had A. EG has B. Most other teams have some of A and some of B, but not enough to actually challenge them. There are very few players not on CLG that can confidently say they can do A and B. Maybe Roy? Snipedown? It's tough to say.

Tl;dr CLG has the perfect mix of raw talent and tactical discipline and know-how. No other team does.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Someone post the Ninja intel bomb gif I wanna laugh at that greatness again lol

Only because I'm a nice guy

aIURy0D.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

can't get lucky now boys, we genuinely have to be better  :wutface:

Dude, we all know cratos is the online warrior cup champion. He's the bestest ever at Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Newly formed teams play CLG (the BEST team in the game) once and so many people give up on them and say they should make team changes :wutface: Some fairy tale dream team isn't gonna form and sweep CLG, they're too good. Teams need to play them more and learn.

Exactly. These new teams have the potential to be even with CLG looking at them skill-wise. They just need to grind it out so they get closer to CLG's level of teamwork and communication. CLG's trust in each other and confidence as a team is what really sets them apart from the rest of the pack imo. Once EG, RNG, and Liquid have more time together and build that trust and confidence they'll be able properly compete with CLG.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Dude, we all know cratos is the online warrior cup champion. He's the bestest ever at Halo 5.

Not like he played a huge part in beating Beyond's darling team for 250k or anything.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Only memes that are worth posting IMO are ones that are user-created for a specific circumstance.

Yep. I just don't get the people who go around posting generic gifs from funnyjunk and thinking they're comedy gods.

• Upvote (+1) 1

These are all random thoughts of mine..

CLG when on fire and dominating aren't even calling out players locations. 90% of their communication is small talk. This is currently why they are so far ahead of everyone else (in my opinion). They are also obviously all individually skilled jawds.

Someone asked a few pages back "why are team liquid struggling so much" I think all of those players are very skilled and very aggressive. I think after practicing and learning eachothers play styles they will be able to hit their stride and be more in sync. I think this liquid has a very high ceiling and will continue to improve.

People who are "giving up" on EG are absolutely insane. EG will be a consistent top 3 throughout the whole pro league. They have lost 1 scrim to any team other than clg (I may be wrong). EG got bracket screwed at worlds (which was their fault) but they lost in super close series to a very good ON FIRE renegades, and then matched CLG. THEY ARE STILL REALLY F**KING GOOD!

I'm so pumped for this pro league! Shoutout to Penguin and Rayne can't wait to see them dominate this year.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not like he played a huge part in beating Beyond's darling team for 250k or anything.

You can't claim to be the best and not win. 

liquid won the most, but rng looked the best. I dont see how people can say otherwise, when they choked like 4 games. Losing is losing, but choking > blown out

When you go through 10 pages of EG vs. CLG and see nobody talked/posted about Elevate (Arkanum, Assault, Str8 Sick, Swift Kill) vs. 2gre/Heinz/Cloud/FiS scrim or scores  :mj:

Will get the scores in a bit.

You can't claim to be the best and not win. 

Well obviously he's not the very best, but he's currently got as much stake as anybody in being the best off CLG.

I'm just saying some players and fans are so worried about getting 6th and not 8th just took away the chance of a random team getting top 4 or even winning a event now that it's double elim. Idk that's just my opinion it was a lot more fun with single elim but I didn't get 8th ever so idk how bad that sucks all I know is a team like elevate got top 4 when normally they wouldn't have ever had a chance at that in a double elim.

Eg winning X games wouldn't have ever happened in double elim

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Step 1 to beating CLG is to slay better than they do.

Yes, they have near perfect positioning. Yes, they know exactly what to do in every situation. Yes, they seem to always be on the same page. But the very first thing you need to do is outslay them and win individual battles. I'd argue that no current team has even managed to do that.

It's no surprise why the old Denial roster was the only team that was able to put up a decent fight vs CLG. It's because they were a group of 4 players who were really skilled individually and managed to outslay CLG on occasion.

The problem in my opinion is that there is no group of players out there that:

A. Can go toe-to-toe with CLG in slaying and even outslay them

B. Has the mental composure and tactical discipline to close out games

The old Denial had A. EG has B. Most other teams have some of A and some of B, but not enough to actually challenge them. There are very few players not on CLG that can confidently say they can do A and B. Maybe Roy? Snipedown? It's tough to say.

Tl;dr CLG has the perfect mix of raw talent and tactical discipline and know-how. No other team does.

in my mind all denial had to do was drop huke for spartan, and they could have beat clg. Instead they imploded