CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think I said this in a previous post...

The only problem with that is that some orgs would make way more than others(like lets say Optic compared to E6 or Elevate).

And I don't think the players should get a % of that.  The orgs sure, because it is their brand.  But that shouldn't determine the compensation the players get.  The orgs ultimately have to take care of their players(which should be more apart of the discussion than just the prize winnings for sustainability) and not 343.  But the orgs getting money off this would there for make it so the players get paid better(if at all), but should not be dependent on it.

Genuinely curious why you think it's a problem that more popular orgs make more money. That's how life is, and business. It encourages orgs to get likeable players and become more popular, promote their brand more, etc. It will only help the scene grow (having competition between orgs that is).

Not positive how CS:GO does it, but I know that players make money from skins as well as the org. At least I'm pretty sure anyways. It would be a way for 343 to "compensate" players similar to how Riot pays players salaries in LoL. Obviously not the same manner, but players who promote their orgs could then get a cut of the money which would only help the player AND the org (because the players would start promoting more because they are making money off it when people buy that teams skins).

• Upvote (+1) 3

Upvote just for the bolded part.

Could cratos Messi cut it on a cold night in January at the Britannia?

Could he do it while asleep, with broken ankles? Beyond%20Thinking.png
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Anybody surprised Elevate is beating EG? I'm not. 

EG is garbage right now. Shame. They were doing good before they decided to take multiple breaks. 

Now they look like the worst PAX East team bar Optic. 

Elevate actually plays NIGHTLY. 

Have no desire to watch EG scrims tonight, DKSIII it is. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Genuinely curious why you think it's a problem that more popular orgs make more money. That's how life is, and business. It encourages orgs to get likeable players and become more popular, promote their brand more, etc. It will only help the scene grow (having competition between orgs that is).

Not positive how CS:GO does it, but I know that players make money from skins as well as the org. At least I'm pretty sure anyways. It would be a way for 343 to "compensate" players similar to how Riot pays players salaries in LoL. Obviously not the same manner, but players who promote their orgs could then get a cut of the money which would only help the player AND the org (because the players would start promoting more because they are making money off it when people buy that teams skins).

Just thought of another benefit of this. Players will stick with orgs more instead of just becoming a free agent every other week. If you're not signed to an org, there goes regular income. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

My question is why is EG falling apart so bad. I really 100% don't believe it's because Lethul left. Yes, one player can makes a difference but I don't think this is the case this time

I'm aggressive about it because I literally hate the shit more than anything. Sorry I don't let it run my life like some people. Sorry I hurt your feelings because I'm better than that shit. 

No longer responding to this stupid shit. Time to watch Halo

Lol. Get out of here with that. No you don't. No one could. I, personally, hate things like murder, stealing, abuse, hate crimes, and the list goes on and on much more than that. You know, actual real issues. Hopefully you do to and that was just an ill-mannered comment and you're "better than that shit" as well.

Back on-topic: I miss PGL's involvement with Halo. It seems like they always did well by the players and fans when it comes to tournament organization, payment, etc. Hoping they can get involved with the Challenger Series and maybe get their slice of the Halo 5 pie. They were good in H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Anybody surprised Elevate is beating EG? I'm not. 

EG is garbage right now. Shame. They were doing good before they decided to take multiple breaks. 

Now they look like the worst PAX East team bar Optic. 

Elevate actually plays NIGHTLY. 

Have no desire to watch EG scrims tonight, DKSIII it is. 

Another good ol' Vin overreaction post :P. Assuming they start the grind up again, I'm betting on them for Pax.

Also, the Elevate that plays nightly is not a set roster - its usually some combo of Str8 Sick, Danoxide, Assault, Nemassist, Swift Kill, 2gre, Randa, or even Arkanum. This is the best one yet from what I'm seeing. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

When Snip3down drops almost as many kills as his 3 team mates combined.

51JEQZq.gif

I negged you, but I don't want you to be discouraged. One day, you'll hit that amazing meme and look back on this post and laugh.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 3

My question is why is EG falling apart so bad. I really 100% don't believe it's because Lethul left. Yes, one player can makes a difference but I don't think this is the case this time

They decided to practice less than every other team for some reason

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

EG struggling vs Elevate is slightly worrying, but I don't think there is any reason to panic. Chances are they sweep the rest of the series and make us look dumb.

EG will win PAX.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not talking about the orgs so much as the players themselves.  Because like, I put the example of Optic over Elevate.  While yes sure the Optic crew is filled with likeable players, so are Elevate(I think Str8 and Assault are chill guys, I don't know so much about Dan and Swift to really say anything.)  But greenwall support is ridiculously strong.  I think what you're talking about would be great after things become a little more established.  Hell yea if that's the case.  I wouldn't see it any different as subbing to someones twitch channel.  But right now with things still developing and emerging to what they are(for Halo), I think the orgs themselves should be the ones to worry about player compensation and worry about things like commissions(since that is ultimately what that is) to compensate their players out of the gate.  And they should encourage their players to promote the brand.  Its a one hand washes the other deal.  

Like Optic doesn't pay their players, but encourages them to promote themselves and the org.  Thats great and it pays off for those who grind it out(Maniac and Flame being prime examples since we are talking about Halo.  I'm sure Scump and Formal make a killing.)  But the greenwall is already well established, and i'm sure other orgs are too.  But Halo is this new old thing that we want to blossom.  Lets build the fan bases up for the game so these orgs can grow in the Halo scene itself(I know some orgs are already big/known like Renegades and EG in other gaming genres) so that the players themselves can also get some.  Like i'm not big into other esports scenes, I've never heard of Elevate or Winterfox before this past year or so.  You get what I'm saying?

TL;DR

I agree completely that the players should promote the orgs more than just having stream overlays and emotes.  But I think its just a little early to have player compensation be based upon commission of content and not just performance(by 343, I like I said am down for added compensation from the devs, that would be awesome, i'm not saying by any means that its a BAD thing.)  I think it should/could be a bonus for right now(thats all between the players and the orgs.).  But the orgs should take care of their players until all that other juicy awesomeness comes into play.

I'm just hoping that Optic wakes up in time for PAX considering at least 3/4th of the time wakes up after the sun goes down.

• Upvote (+1) 2

what do you guys think of this hypothetical change to strongholds, once a territory is being contested no time is allocated to the team in control  

• Upvote (+1) 2

EG struggling vs Elevate is slightly worrying, but I don't think there is any reason to panic. Chances are they sweep the rest of the series and make us look dumb.

EG will win PAX.

Current eLevate is?

Current eLevate is?

danoxide, assault, swift kill, str8 sick

Just running games though I believe. Nothing set in stone

• Upvote (+1) 2

Current eLevate is?

Str8sick-Dan-Swift-Assault

They are looking pretty good.

Tubmas +1 for the swiftness

I negged you, but I don't want you to be discouraged. One day, you'll hit that amazing meme and look back on this post and laugh.

"If you want to kill me, despise me, hate me, and live in an unsightly way... Run, and cling to life, and then some day, when you have the same eyes as I do, come before me." 

edit: forgive my copypasta fail

• Upvote (+1) 2

"If you want to kill me, despise me, hate me, and live in an unsightly way... Run, and cling to life, and then some day, when you have the same eyes as I do, come before me." 

If you want to kill me, write in a font colour I have to highlight to read. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

If you want to kill me, write in a font colour I have to highlight to read. 

Looks like you need better eyes.

• Upvote (+1) 2