CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There is a difference between life changing and being able to retire. As some people have said, it's how you spend it.

Say you have 20k on debt that you pay monthly for. You win 100k after taxes. You can now pay off that debt. You now have 80k to work with and no debt.

1.You can now invest in your retirement, buy a fairly nice but affordable car, maybe save some for a house or a downpayment at least.

2. You can buy a new car, bunch of toys, party. Blow the rest on REQ packs.

Each of these are life changing scenarios, but it depends on what you do with it that determines if the change lasts.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i really don't get what ur trying to say here,

are u saying that 3 out of the 4 players on 07 FB are worse than the 4 players on CLG?

EDIT: also when ur doing this comparison are you talking about the individuals on the team or the teams results

Just that when you compare 07 FB's 3rd worst in Strongside to CLG's 3rd worst in Frosty, Frosty is a more consistent but better 3rd worst overall.    CLG's 1st best in Snakebite is also better than 07 FB's 1st worst Ogre 1, while Lxthul who is 4th best on CLG is now better than 07 FB's 2nd best Ogre 2.  If you were to trade 4th best Lxthul for 1st worst Ogre 1 then on paper CLG would be the better team.  I don't think they would be good but hey prove me wrong.  Love Royal 2 and Walshy regardless.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Just that when you compare 07 FB's 3rd worst in Strongside to CLG's 3rd worst in Frosty, Frosty is a more consistent but better 3rd worst overall.    CLG's 1st best in Snakebite is also better than 07 FB's 1st worst Ogre 1, while Lxthul who is 4th best on CLG is now better than 07 FB's 2nd best Ogre 2.  If you were to trade 4th best Lxthul for 1st worst Ogre 1 then on paper CLG would be the better team.  I don't think they would be good but hey prove me wrong.  Love Royal 2 and Walshy regardless.

lol i really don't know how you can assume that this person is better than that person, and that person is better than this person and so on.... they literally never played the same game, who says that CLG would be able to hang with FB in halo 2, who says that FB will be able to hang with CLG in halo 5, you literally can't make those comparisons, the only comparison you can make is team results

EDIT: and also, not that it matters since this comparison doesn't make any sense, but 2007 FB best player was OGRE2

(MVP of 2007 season)

• Upvote (+1) 2

i...

i... just...

fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well I am gonna derail the life changing debate for a moment to ask the worst question I can ask, and I feel ashamed for asking it..is there a guide to posting meme's? I have long wanted to but never could do it properly. 

On topic, I am quite happy with the CLG-RNG scrims. I think RNG looked fairly good in the scrims even though the stats don't show it. There were some questionable pushes by Ninja, and his K/D reflected that. I don't know if the team will admit it, but I think they were putting a lot of pressure on themselves to do well against CLG, and that might contribute to it. To see that they were in it for 5 close games where CLG clutched it was a good sign to me. Get to the tape, and watch what could be improved. 

#ASTROfam

I wish they had room for a professional memer. my 8(?) year old a40s are kinda grimy.

Oh, boy breaktime at work! Time to check my favourite forum for all that :dank: intel. Oh wait the conversation is about what is life changing again. 

giphy.gif

... do you guys think Formal will come back?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well I am gonna derail the life changing debate for a moment to ask the worst question I can ask, and I feel ashamed for asking it..is there a guide to posting meme's? I have long wanted to but never could do it properly. 

If you mean which memes to post, you gotta feel it out.  To actually post them you basically have to just copy the image/gif and paste into the post. 

This argument is the most aspie riddled crap ever lol. Why even engage in such a pointless, semantical conversation?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Oh, boy breaktime at work! Time to check my favourite forum for all that :dank: intel. Oh wait the conversation is about what is life changing again.

giphy.gif

... do you guys think Formal will come back?

Formal will never come back. More money in cod due to the online tournaments that they have every day, along with 25ks, and season finals.

After taxes that isn't even enough cash to buy a nice home in most cities.

Life-changing, in my opinion, is putting you in a situation where finances are not a major stress point in your life.

And my point is, an average (even small market) MLB game draws 25,000+ people in person, thousands more on TV. I wouldn't expect esports to be life changing until major tournaments draw 1,000,000+ viewers on a consistent basis. What did the HWC finals have? Maybe 100,000? Definitely not life changing.

My definition of life changing is well.. Life changing. If someone is in a bad financial situation and cant afford their bills or even have a place to live, 250k would definitely be life changing for them. But hey thats just me.

Anyways, back on topic. Whatever happened to that supposed EG team house?

This argument is the most aspie riddled crap ever lol. Why even engage in such a pointless, semantical conversation?

We aren't humans if they don't have discussions within the semantic level of language. We'd be no better than machines.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ok to get away from the pointless arguments ima ask you guys some questions,

• Do you like to see a Dynasty Godsquad like Final boss, H2A EG and now CLG? Or do you prefer it to be more open?
  • Which 4 players would you put together to take down CLG?

To be honest I would like to see the competition to be abit more open, we all knew going into worlds that CLG would win, and they never really looked in trouble at all. You got to respect the talent, and it raises the bar for other players to step up, but at the same time it doesnt look like we will ever see an upset and for CLG to lose a series, its hard enough to see them drop a map.

My team to beat CLG would be Snip3down, Roy, Suspector and Spartan. I love lunchbox but Id like to see a slay heavy team take on CLG. These guys are not scrubs, they know when to do the Obj. But individual skill wise I think this team could stand up well. Or maybe Snip3down, Roy, Spartan, Naded . Because Im a Naded fanboy but also because he just knows the game so well and is selfless in his Obj work

EG fanboy is strong with me.....

lol i really don't know how you can assume that this person is better than that person, and that person is better than this person and so on.... they literally never played the same game, who says that CLG would be able to hang with FB in halo 2, who says that FB will be able to hang with CLG in halo 5, you literally can't make those comparisons, the only comparison you can make is team results

EDIT: and also, not that it matters since this comparison doesn't make any sense, but 2007 FB best player was OGRE2

(MVP of 2007 season)

i...

i... just...

fuck.

It's a reference to a post made by TB's very own w0uld. :)

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/12986-hcs-pro-league-teams-seeds-and-discussion%E2%80%8F/page-60?do=findComment&comment=723645

this is even made my brain hurt..

Your original post and the ensuing shitstorm that happened afterwards is one of my favorite moments on this forum, haha. 

Also popped in and checked out your stream last night.  Good shit man.   :sunglasses:

• Upvote (+1) 2