CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

PAX Predictions

OpTic beats E6, EG beats nV, nV beats  E6, EG beats OpTic, nV beats OpTic, EG beats nV

1. EG
  2. nV
  3. OpTic
  4. E6
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I think he's more referring to the two vets and their lack of slaying power. Nothing against them, and I think this is the best team possible for both of them considering what's left. Hopefully their veteran leadership and general Halo knowledge and teamwork can help this team to succeed. Heinz is my favorite player so I want nothing more than the best team possible, but with the way Halo 5 is heading and everything being about slaying power COMBINED with teamwork, it's going to be hard for Heinz and Ogre 2 to ever get another tournament win. They're top notch with communication, teamwork, general halo knowledge and knowing where to be, but not the greatest slayers. 

I feel that Devon is more than capable of stepping into a secondary slaying role based on how nutty his shot is. This would boost the slaying power of this team past what might meet the eye. I also feel that Heinz and 2gre's play styles mesh well based on how differently they play. These guys played 4 events together and didn't place outside of top 2 (albeit with two amazing players around them). Heinz is more of an entry player while 2gre tends to play "greedy" (I think this is more accurate than what some people have labeled him in the past, "passive"). I think Heinz would open up a lot of space for Contra and 2gre to play their game, and would create a dangerous team on paper. 

I also don't agree Halo 5 is all about slaying power compared to other Halo games. Just because the dominant team in this game is a slaying machine doesn't mean it is the only way you can win. No team is going to match the slaying prowess of CLG anyway so there is no point in trying to construct a team based off of slaying power in hopes to outslay them. 

I'm guessing they made changes to empire flag in attempt to make it an official game type but there's an instant flag return glitch that needs to be fixed on the map. If you get top window and throw the flag out its an instant return. I'm guessing this was always an issue, but never noticeable because no one would waste the time to climb up to top only to throw out front when bottom window was open.

Anyone know why Ninja stopped streaming/if he is going to stream the scrim?

Taking a small break to eat and relax. He should be back on within the hour.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good change. Discourages placing shitty for easy games.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Still freaking out about this, but insane clip I just got xboxdvr.com/EG+Snip3down+EW/92ab7177-1a01-4bb2-bb94-04619611951b

For some reason my only killtacs have historically involved bubble shields, warthogs, sticky nades, and/or barely sentient neanderthals walking in straight lines with assault rifles out.

Was I not supposed to be scoping this whole time? Just hold forward through nades, whip the reticle sideways, and don't scope?

Honestly seeing a Pro player go from Bronze to Champion isn't really interesting or impressive. 

Now if he had taken a legit Bronze player, and molded him into a competent Halo player that was capable of elevating their gameplay to say maybe Diamond.. that would of been a much more interesting and fun series to follow. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

EG vs E6 in finals. E6 vs nV to be a super fun series to watch though and I expect it to go all 7 games (assuming its bo7)

inb4 optic sweeps 3 straight series

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly seeing a Pro player go from Bronze to Champion isn't really interesting or impressive. 

Now if he had taken a legit Bronze player, and molded him into a competent Halo player that was capable of elevating their gameplay to say maybe Diamond.. that would of been a much more interesting and fun series to follow. 

The journey begins!

guys im super excited i just got home and got my little stream all set up. So excited to cast LIVE for the first time ever. would not even be doing this if i had not gotten the crazy amount of support from yall here on team beyond, current players, and casters. Shout out to @@GoldenboyFTW for showing me my passion for talking about halo, and @@Ninja for constantly reminding his stream to visit the forums, without that i would have never been here.

see yall at 8:00!

giphy.gif

all probably 2 of you :kappa:

What is the link to your channel? I'll pop in and watch

What time the hype scrim start tho guys?

Roughly 45 minutes. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

For anyone looking for a montage editor hit these guys up. Extremely professional and skilled at what they do.
  • Upvote (+1) 1