CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

2) There is a lot of discussion about possibles and what-if's that quickly turns into "concrete  :intel: " without any confirmation. 

:intel:  = Shit posting 99.99% of the time.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

To me at least, the numbers don't matter as long as they break down what they can improve on and put the time in. A win doesn't show you your weakness like a loss does. And if you meet a team that finds your weakness in a tourney and you don't have time to fix it, it's over before it started.

Fair enough. Let me rephrase. Based on everyone's current assessment of RNG as a team, what are your expectations?

• Upvote (+1) 1

HOWEVER, I recommended to him that, since Forge allows the modification of starting battery % of weapons now, they replace the Binaries with BEAM Rifles on the map, with 50-60% battery.

This is already driving my OCD crazy just thinking about half used weapons sitting on spawn.  

• Upvote (+1) 6

I hope Halo pros never stop streaming scrims like a lot of other eSports.

Once there are ACTUAL analytical standards in Halo (if this ever happens) then I am sure less and less scrims will be streamed.

But damn, I hate having to wait all day for more Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What if I'm in a field? Or possibly even on a soccer pitch (I think that's the correct term?)

I think you mean a Quidditch Pitch  :kappa:

Fair enough. Let me rephrase. Based on everyone's current assessment of RNG as a team, what are your expectations?

Well I hope for close losses and a near even score. I don't wish for a blow out from CLG and I don't expect one from RNG. If I was forced to pick a realistic yet ideal score... 7-6 CLG. Not as easy an answer but hey it's only scrims.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just a thought that occurred to me on NV after their RNG scrim: NV has lots of potential, but to become that next level squad, they need to start clutching up and close out games when they have the lead and/or control. Many times they start to take control but then just fall apart midway and end up losing. I am not trying to bash them or anything, I really really just want this squad to succeed because there are still people who think Pistola sucks and Mikwen is bad this game when I know that is not true. Plus, people still highly underrate Rayne and El Town (myself included) but I do hope they find success.

I don't know, I am just rambling but I really needed to get this out of my head. 

Also, quick question: has RNG scrimmed EG yet? Can't recall. 

Just a thought that occurred to me on NV after their RNG scrim: NV has lots of potential, but to become that next level squad, they need to start clutching up and close out games when they have the lead and/or control. Many times they start to take control but then just fall apart midway and end up losing. I am not trying to bash them or anything, I really really just want this squad to succeed because there are still people who think Pistola sucks and Mikwen is bad this game when I know that is not true. Plus, people still highly underrate Rayne and El Town (myself included) but I do hope they find success.

I don't know, I am just rambling but I really needed to get this out of my head.

Yes only time I can remember RNG won 9-5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think you're underestimating the gap personally.

Theres scrim CLG and then there's try hard CLG. I saw scrim CLG kinda half trying in games against nV, joking around and shit, they go down 2 flags for example and then say, alright let's try now and focus, and they tie it up in 2 minutes.

At the end of the day, scrims aside, CLG at a tourney is far scarier than any team, by a large margin.

The gap is small enough that EG can take a series off them, Denial can take games off of them, and Epsilon can nearly beat them. Now these new teams(specifically EG, RNG, E6, and Liquid who can all be seen as better versions of their previous forms) have been formed with more thought behind them than just getting the players with the most points and will have more time to improve as squads. Other teams will inevitably catch up to CLG.

2011 Instinct looked way more impressive in their first two event wins, not dropping a game in one of them, and were way farther ahead of the next best team compared to CLG. Then teams ended up catching up and beat/challenged them the following events. So if that can happen then there is no doubt in my mind that teams can catch up to CLG in H5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They did, I think it was like 8-5 RNG

But I don't think they have played since and EG had improved (as well as RNG) so I think they are pretty even.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes they did 9 - 5 RNG, you can find lots of excuses as to why EG lost so badly. I think they replayed one game.

Towey has his analysis suspector POV on his youtube

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgI-_If7LpGWnVY9oN76A90yXuFjNjZRM

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

RNG is a very likeable team when they scrim. During scrims the only talk revolves around calling out and praising eachother for making good plays. They are fun to watch, and I hope they give CLG a run for their money.

I only watched them for about a hour yesterday, but I was getting annoyed watching them play mm ane ctf warm-up. It's an attitude thing. Specifically towards Ninja. I get that talk outside of scrims is going to entail jokes and harmless banter, but "we are just joking around" doesnt make one sound like less of an ass. I noticed it for a while before Ninja made a comment that Commonly sounded "condescending," and that Ninja felt like he was back on team Cloud 9.

I'm not sure if the attitude thing is conscious or unconscious, but it's there. RNG would be more likeable if they would learn how to have fun in MM without coming across as being dooshy to one another. Props to Ninja for how he handles it.

Also much respect to Snakebite for his post game pep talks. Snakebite is a master at giving constructive criticism, which is not an easy thing.

• Upvote (+1) 5

For real though...

It would be pretty fucking awesome to see Ninja win a championship... Feel like he's one of the deserving ones, maybe not due to skill (I don't think he's personally a top 5 player) but dedication.

Damn you CLG

Didn't he won the first h4 tournament???

Also much respect to Snakebite for his post game pep talks. Snakebite is a master at giving constructive criticism, which is not an easy thing.

In Lethul's Pro Spotlight he specifically mentioned that he preferred the style of CLG's communication over EG's. I think Snakebite leads by example in that regard. If you listen in to CLG's comms you'll see that Snakebite is so calm and smooth the entire game. He never sounds critical, he should be a manager someday his employees would love him!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Didn't he won the first h4 tournament???

A tournament when the game wasn't out yet, sure.  

1st place - Warriors*

• Upvote (+1) 1

Players in LoL have tons of value. Could you imagine how much money does a Doublelift generates or a Bgjersen, those fan bases are huges. They get the big moneyz

The scary thing about Bjerg and earning potential is that he doesn't stream nearly as often as some other players, especially during the split. I'm sure he still gets subs even with his longer breaks, but if he streamed on a more regular basis he could make even more money than he already does.

Here is an article about Easyhoon, Faker's backup/sub from last season's Worlds run. $860k a year from Vici Gaming.

Halo is a long way from seeing money like that. This is fairly common in China IIRC. But I don't see why if 343 has already ponied up $250k per season for the pro league that they can't break some of that prize pool off as a stipend for players who qualify.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Europe corrupted me. Started calling it football instead of soccer, and it was all downhill from there. 

tumblr_m32bibiy_D41qe7k3n.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo is a long way from seeing money like that. This is fairly common in China IIRC. But I don't see why if 343 has already ponied up $250k per season for the pro league that they can't break some of that prize pool off as a stipend for players who qualify.

Some of the Chinese LoL teams are literally pet projects of the sons of CEOs of major corporations.  People with billions upon billions of dollars they want to blow.

And then they create sister teams that also qualify for the league, and given the "No 2 teams of the same org" rule... they create a dummy org on top of it.  (World Elite / Masters 3, for example... or King and Royal Club from older days.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I only watched them for about a hour yesterday, but I was getting annoyed watching them play mm ane ctf warm-up. It's an attitude thing. Specifically towards Ninja. I get that talk outside of scrims is going to entail jokes and harmless banter, but "we are just joking around" doesnt make one sound like less of an ass. I noticed it for a while before Ninja made a comment that Commonly sounded "condescending," and that Ninja felt like he was back on team Cloud 9.

Eh I watch RNG quite a bit and this team isn't nearly as bad. That specific moment when he called Commonly out, he clarified that is usually if a pro is playing bad(or if the game isn't going well), he will get this tone and look outward to vent rather than himself. Like lashing out when they were really the ones that were tilting. He openly admits that happens to him sometimes and it won't directly reflect how they actually feel.

If you watched before, Spartan and Ninja would be at throats it seemed and it was a much more unstable setting.

In short, they aren't ganging up on him and this team is actually pretty chill.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This CLG vs RNG scrim tonight is the most overhyped scrim I have ever seen......... You know damn well I'll be watching with snacks in hand though.

A tournament when the game wasn't out yet, sure.

1st place - Warriors*

And some players had played the game early while others hadn't

I've seen alot of discussion on twitter and here so just wanted to confirm, the 250K finals figure is made up of both NA and EU prizepools combined. We are yet to release the prizepool distrubution but the 250K for season finals is a total figure made up of the 2 regions. Still amazing to see the launch of pro league with a commitment of 500K for finals and another 1 Million minimum world champs!

• Upvote (+1) 4

This CLG vs RNG scrim tonight is the most overhyped scrim I have ever seen......... You know damn well I'll be watching with snacks in hand though.

deep dish pizza will be ordered..