CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

While CLG did look somewhat shaky yesterday, RNG also showed some flashes of their old panic mode. I can see RNG taking some games but I worry that some of the losses will be demoralizing

Why would ESL or 343 pay the salaries? They are running a league, that these organizations are competing in. There is not one professional sport, where the league pays the salaries to the players. Even in other eSports, do players get their salary from TSM or from the LCS? Most if not all of the players who are signed with an org get some sort of monthly salary.

Imagine how ridiculous people would sound if they wanted the NBA to pay Lebrons salary and not the Cavaliers.

Has it been confirmed somewhere that only the top 4 spots get paid?

Lcs pays salaries. You can't really compare the nba teams to esports orgs

LCS actually has a really neat reason they pay salaries. They pay a base salary so that players arnt affected by money in order ensure their team changes are based on personal desire, and not of money(though I'm sure its still a factor). League pros literally give up everything in order to compete, which is something we dont see in the Halo world just yet...so I dont feel that ESL should pay salaries...at least not yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nina takes scrimming too seriously. Its annoying that teams avoid CLG because theyre worried about getting rekt. Winning events should be the priority, not winning scrims.

I don't see why they shouldn't take it seriously. Sure certain things may trade over from Online to Lan so a teams skill may slightly distorted an example being the old Denial but i would say scrims are pretty accurate.

This is a lot of pros main livelyhood at the moment, I would be taking scrims serious if I were in their position.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not 100% sure about this, but I'm pretty sure that the LCS pay is in addition to the salaries from the orgs. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I dont think you can realy compare LCS to to anything else tbh with all due respect, they have team houses and everything as it is a full time job pretty much under contract of riot i believe.

Just like in cod, the orgs pay thier players salaries.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Nah he has been doing this for a long time even before this RNG thing. My post had no bias involved when writing lol. @@PlzLearn and I'm sure many others have noticed it is with anything at any time, no matter what team it's against.

Stikki, ilu, but I'm telling you he just trolls with fans in general. You should have seen his tweets post worlds, it's not a defense mechanism, especially when you're far and away the best team.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I dont think you can realy compare LCS to to anything else tbh with all due respect, they have team houses and everything as it is a full time job pretty much under contract of riot i believe.

The same concept should be applied to halo but I'm a smaller scale and amount. It works, and they should replicate it IMO. This is how you grow and foster a LOYAL and booming competitive scene. You need to make it worthwhile for not just 4 teams to make it to Pro League.

Edit: fuck, double post, I hate myself

I'm confused why you're on a forum just to talk about how small and unpopular the game this forum is based on is.

I'm confused as to why you take a single fact as a part of larger point and say I'm "just" here to talk about how unpopular halo is. Halo is unpopular bro it is a fact, and that fact obviously contributes to the point that there is not much money to be made in Halo compared to other esports. No need to get your feelings hurt as obviously everyone here on these forums loves it and we're trying to have a discussion about it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

LCS actually has a really neat reason they pay salaries. They pay a base salary so that players arnt affected by money in order ensure their team changes are based on personal desire, and not of money(though I'm sure its still a factor). League pros literally give up everything in order to compete, which is something we dont see in the Halo world just yet...so I dont feel that ESL should pay salaries...at least not yet.

Players in LoL have tons of value. Could you imagine how much money does a Doublelift generates or a Bgjersen, those fan bases are huges. They get the big moneyz
  • Upvote (+1) 3

The same concept should be applied to halo but I'm a smaller scale and amount. It works, and they should replicate it IMO. This is how you grow and foster a LOYAL and booming competitive scene. You need to make it worthwhile for not just 4 teams to make it to Pro League.

Honest mistake, don't hate yourself, you're awesome. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think this scrim tonight between RNG and CLG will be the closest anyone has gotten to beating them. I expect 8-5 or 7-6 CLG.

What am I kidding RNG #1 ez 13-0 CLG gonna look like MM randoms

id bet on 11-2 or 10-3 for CLG

Stikki, ilu, but I'm telling you he just trolls with fans in general. You should have seen his tweets post worlds, it's not a defense mechanism, especially when you're far and away the best team.

Lol just as I edit in that defense mechanism bit. Check the edit. I believe he can troll better than that. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not 100% sure about this, but I'm pretty sure that the LCS pay is in addition to the salaries from the orgs. 

You are correct. Riot pays a living wage salary to its players, but the bulk of their salaries are from the organizations.

I agree, but I dont think Halo is at the point in its lifespan that this should happen. LCS players literally give up school, family, and lives to move into team houses and put their all into LoL. Halo players dont. I do feel that one day this will be a necessary bridge to cross, but I'm skeptic that today is that day.

Why would ESL or 343 pay the salaries? They are running a league, that these organizations are competing in. There is not one professional sport, where the league pays the salaries to the players. Even in other eSports, do players get their salary from TSM or from the LCS? Most if not all of the players who are signed with an org get some sort of monthly salary. 

Imagine how ridiculous people would sound if they wanted the NBA to pay Lebrons salary and not the Cavaliers. 

Has it been confirmed somewhere that only the top 4 spots get paid? 

USA Swimming pays athletes 30k per year if they hold a top 10 time in the world for any event. Obviously the similarities are loose when comparing pro swimming with esports but one key thing is worth noting: Participants put in an insane amount of time while the amount of money available is incredibly selective. USA Swimming has the right idea by giving a stipend to ANYONE who can perform at that level.

Lack of posts doesn't mean that people don't stay up to date on the discussions.

A couple of things:

1) Community feedback is huge, and you can ask any pro that has known me for the past 8+ years, I don't care if it is screaming (caps-locking?) about how bad a decision or format is/was or if it is a sit down "this-is-how-we-think-we-can-improve-this" conversation.

2) There is a lot of discussion about possibles and what-if's that quickly turns into "concrete :intel: " without any confirmation.

3) Still here :)

I think a lot of people are with me when I say radar is #1 on the wishlist. An assload of great posts have been done on why it really shouldnt be in HCS, right next to Team Arena not mirroring the maps on the curcuit.

A lot of people here are 100% into HCS right now but I for one struggle to watch and play competitive Halo with radar, as well as dealing with ass non-HCS maps in rotation. It should have never been there in the first place, and it especially shouldn't be in the game now.

Not sure how much of these decisions is your responsibility but at least be known to the boys at 343 that "343 silly-settings-fun-time" is over, the community has always been driving force for the best competitive settings for over a decade, and that's never changed. Thanks for all the words and intel Viv, we appreciate all the work you guys do.

wow out

• Upvote (+1) 5

I watched both CLG vs Liquid and RNG vs NV last night. CLG were definitely a little shaky, but I don't read too much into that. Liquid also played a bit better as unit which is a great sign for them. My key players for that team are APG and Stellur. If those 2 are playing great, Liquid will always be tough to handle.

RNG didn't scrim for 3 days before last night so them playing NV first was a good decision imo to get back into the swing of things. Playing CLG their first day back wouldn't have been wise, not because they would have gotten destroyed, but they would have probably over analyzed some of their loses. The small mistakes that RNG made against NV in some maps last night yesterday will be severely punished by CLG if it happens again tonight. RNG's biggest weakness from what I can tell is that they tend too play a bit more chaotic when they have no map control. Sometimes they can benefit from just camping a corner and waiting for the other team to make a mistake instead of forcing the issue.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

nv 10-3 Liquid. RNG 10-3 nv. CLG 9-4 Liquid. EG 8-5 nv.

nv better than CLG. RNG better than nv. EG better than nv

1. RNG

2. EG

3. nv

4. CLG

CLG not even top 3. ez 13-0 for RNG  :lxthul:

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think this will most likely be the case. Although, I know Liquid took 3(4?) games off them last night. RNG I think will be able to put up a better fight so I'm hoping they take off at least 5 games.

Think everyone would take them a bit more serious if they manage 5 or 6 wins

Feedback on the Pro Player Spotlights I'd like to address:

For how long delayed this spotlight was, I think it fell rather flat and was one of the weaker Spotlights for the potential it had. I think the quality of the content falls mutually on both parties involved as I can only publish as much as I can draw out of the person I'm interviewing with, but at the same time as the interviewer I should be doing more to get information out of the parties involved. Some of the Spotlights have had incredible information included such as Kephri/Vetoed, and Lethul and some have fallen flat with just..."bleh" answers. I understand going forward what I can do as the host to fix this, and will 100% address this going forward with my next Spotlight on Penguin.

Other than that, I've heard the calls for formatting and editing to improve. When I started these it was (and still is) something I wanted to do for the hell of it, and I felt that the most natural way to capture the conversation was to leave the responses relatively untouched by the guest, but also it was a major time save for me as this was just for shits and giggles. I want these to be something the community looks forward to, while also maintaining a professional nature which I've failed to capture without proper formatting and prior editing. This will also be addressed and fixed going forward!

The Pro Player Spotlights as I said were something I created for the hell of it and to fill a content gap that we seemed to miss. I wanted to capture the essence of the old MLG days with their spotlights and that was it. Fortunately its evolved into much more for me with opportunities to write for Red Bull UK, a strong possibility to write for Counter Logic Gaming (But more on that in the future;)), and other content platforms I've always wanted to get into such as YouTube(More on that soon as well:))!

The feedback has been tremendous, and I look forward to fixing the issues that has been mentioned in all the criticism so far. Thanks for following the spotlights and giving me a reason to continue to create content for you guys!

Pro Player Spotlight: @ will be live next week.

DMqJOpJ.gif

Congratulations man! I'm glad they're working out, you deserve the attention  :smiley:

• Upvote (+1) 1

This. Commonly is the glue that keeps them focused. and Penguin is just an animal.

Penguin is an animal, Ninja can't be touched atm, Hamy is on fire and Victory X is...

Very good at Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think a lot of people are with me when I say radar is #1 on the wishlist. An assload of great posts have been done on why it really shouldnt be in HCS, right next to Team Arena not mirroring the maps on the curcuit.

A lot of people here are 100% into HCS right now but I for one struggle to watch and play competitive Halo with radar, as well as dealing with ass non-HCS maps in rotation. It should have never been there in the first place, and it especially shouldn't be in the game now.

Not sure how much of these decisions is your responsibility but at least be known to the boys at 343 that "343 silly-settings-fun-time" is over, the community has always been driving force for the best competitive settings for over a decade, and that's never changed. Thanks for all the words and intel Viv, we appreciate all the work you guys do.

wow out

Double elim LAN was my #1

Now that we have that radar is definitely #1

Ninja said on his stream that 343 was working on an abilities only radar, so here's to hoping. The game will definitely be more competitive with no radar, but I don't think changes will happen until the next worlds. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol just as I edit in that defense mechanism bit. Check the edit. I believe he can troll better than that. :)

Just now saw it! And yeah I can definitely see where you're coming from. Some pros just complain off the forums and you can hear em I'm streams making fun of posts but I actually like that there's no hiding. He and most of CLG just come on here and respond directly. Shows some confidence.

Honest mistake, don't hate yourself, you're awesome.

No u r
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I was t saying we needed to carbon copy lcs or anything. The person I was replying to just didn't know that the LCS pays out at all on a salary basis.

I'm also pretty sure the LCS orgs pay a salary as well, I wouldn't put it all on 343 to shell out the salary for halo, the players need to reach a salary agreement with their orgs but some extra stipend wouldn't be outrageous imo. If the goal here really is to increase exposure, the pros need to be able to comfortably go hard and promote the scene.

Penguin is an animal, Ninja can't be touched atm, Hamy is on fire and Victory X is...

Very good at Halo.

You could say Victory is BACK...

• Upvote (+1) 6