CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

we seriously need an "actual HCS Pro League Teams, Seeds, and Discussion" thread ... condensing the actual intel from each day.  I honestly don't have time to read through half-assed memes and silly discussion (sorry everyone).  I thought about starting this thread but figured it would get locked, maybe TB staff ...?  It would just need to be one post a day, simple.  

edit: I think the issue is that the Halo 5 Discussion Thread has been garbage for months and there's nowhere else for people to hang out?  I dunno.  

I love this thread, I love reading all the posts and the silliness, but it's a fine line. I completely agree that there should be a "serious" thread for people that don't frequent the forums. "Frequent" here meaning 1+ hours a day.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"Note: All qualification will take place on the same map / game type rotation as the Halo World Championship 2016 Finals."

So are they going to qualify with the same rules/maps as the HWC and then change them for the Pro League? Or is this basically confirmation that we are going to be watching the same game types for the whole league? This does not bode well for those who are hoping for any significant weapon tuning or changes imo. 

Hamy changed his GT to RNG Commonly so I think we can go ahead and make RNG official

• Upvote (+1) 7

I seriously don't understand...in the reach or h3 days, did any of the 9-16 teams get money?? How is this any different?

I seriously don't understand...in the reach or h3 days, did any of the 9-16 teams get money?? How is this any different?

We are more entitled now since we see the big boys (LoL/CSGO/Dota) get the moneyz

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We are more entitled now since we see the big boys (LoL/CSGO/Dota) get the moneyz

What...?

The pros are complaining because only top 4 get prize money.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hamy changed his GT to RNG Commonly so I think we can go ahead and make RNG official

:intensifies:

Reading the pro league info on halo.gg it sounds like they plan to change gametypes. I'm guessing qualifiers will he season 1 gametypes because of time reasons.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What...?

Really??? That is stupid. I genuinely had no idea how it was distributed, I assumed all 8 would get paid! If the prize pool is 250000 it shouldn't be hard to distribute that between 8 teams lol...

"Additionally, 343 Industries’ HCS team is working with ESL on bracket formats, options for a picks and bans system, a newly updated focus and feedback group in the form of the HCS Council (including working with this group on updates to maps, game types, formats, and more), as well as exciting new opportunities such as in-game esports skins. There’s lots more in the works, so stay tuned. "

Whos on the "HCS Council"?

What...?

they were arguing for salaries too. Plus what was the payout for 5-8 in the old mlg days ??? 800 dollars ?
  • Downvote (-1) 5

they were arguing for salaries too. Plus what was the payout for 5-8 in the old mlg days ??? 800 dollars ?

800>0, especially considering what the overall prize pool is now. The idea that only the top 4 get paid is outrageous to me. 

bruh someone please try and tell me RNG is not the 2nd best team right now.. pls.. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

he could just be switching over to Hearthstone :kappa:

Right, I saw that the prize pool is for top 4 only but why restrict it to that? These are probably the best 32 Halo players in the world, I don't see why the prize pool couldn't cover all 8 teams. I think a stabilized check for the 2 months you're in pro league + payout from season finals would do a lot to alleviate the players' current concerns.

Yeah but you still have to factor in Relegation. Top 6 maybe but there still should be a reward/exclusivity to being at the very top.

Hence why Salaries + Top 4/6 payout for Playoffs would be cool.