CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If you took $50k off the top of the prize pool for season 1, you would have $200k left for the season finals.

$50k / 32 pro players = $1562.50. Divide this by 2 for $781.25 for each month of the pro league.

Season finals:

1 $75k

2 $30k

3-4 $20k

5-8 $13,750

I don't see an issue with this format. Maybe the split for season finals is wonky, since I don't know how prize pools are normally calculated. If they're already putting up $250k for a 2 month long season, why not split off some of the total pot and spread it out to all 32 players in the league? ~$780 a month is definitely more than enough for a Halo pro right now. With stream revenue and org salary on top of an HCS paycheck and potential winnings after 2 months, I feel like this would be the best way to set this up. Then everybody should be happy and continue grinding. Any pro with any sort of Twitch following is going to make out even better.

But is this life changing?  :walshy:

2.5 mil is life changing?  :kappa:

I'm sure @@aPK, @@TheSimms, @@Clicked, and @@T0rM3nTeD will start working on the Beyond Power Rankings as soon as teams start getting locked in to their spots in the league. Probably will try to get something started after the May LAN when there are 6 Official Spots claimed  :fire:  :beyond:

Actually I was planning on starting it back up once there was a healthy amount of official rosters, but currently there are only five officially announced NA rosters (CLG, EG, OpTic, nV, Enigma6) . Trying to rank the top 8 would rely on using some speculated rosters, which is obviously problematic for several reasons. Hopefully with the Pro League news leads to more teams getting announced.

First post since the pro league Intel drop and I have to say..

I think I fell in love with a man named Vivi today

Actually I was planning on starting it back up once there was a healthy amount of official rosters, but currently there are only five officially announced NA rosters (CLG, EG, OpTic, nV, Enigma6) . Trying to rank the top 8 would rely on using some speculated rosters, which is obviously problematic for several reasons. Hopefully with the Pro League news leads to more teams getting announced.

I doubt anything will be official until they hit the qualifiers. We could rank the current nV/OpTic/E6/EG but I'm sure once one team wins the others will be making changes for the May tournaments.

Actually just had a :dank:  idea meet you in Discord

CLG that is pissed off at everyone for dodging scrims is a scary ass team. Who wants to bet they 13-0 whoever they scrim next?

Ola w/ the 34-18 performance on Truth CTF against RNG.

The wizard returns!

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you took $50k off the top of the prize pool for season 1, you would have $200k left for the season finals.

$50k / 32 pro players = $1562.50. Divide this by 2 for $781.25 for each month of the pro league.

Season finals:

1 $75k

2 $30k

3-4 $20k

5-8 $13,750

I don't see an issue with this format. Maybe the split for season finals is wonky, since I don't know how prize pools are normally calculated. If they're already putting up $250k for a 2 month long season, why not split off some of the total pot and spread it out to all 32 players in the league? ~$780 a month is definitely more than enough for a Halo pro right now. With stream revenue and org salary on top of an HCS paycheck and potential winnings after 2 months, I feel like this would be the best way to set this up. Then everybody should be happy and continue grinding. Any pro with any sort of Twitch following is going to make out even better.

Season Finals is actually only Top 4 so a $200,000 Pot would/could go something like

1. $100,000

2. $50,000

3/4. $25,000

and in regards to all the other stuff about Salary I totally agree. Org Contracts, Stream/YouTube, and more are definitely a major buff for income. To be honest 343i/MS could already have small salaries set up and we just don't know it.

I do hope that they eventually do include salaries if they aren't already. Good incentive for every team in the League and even more incentive for Challengers and new Orgs to join the fray.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Season Finals is actually only Top 4 so a $200,000 Pot would/could go something like

1. $100,000

2. $50,000

3/4. $25,000

and in regards to all the other stuff about Salary I totally agree. Org Contracts, Stream/YouTube, and more are definitely a major buff for income. To be honest 343i/MS could already have small salaries set up and we just don't know it.

I do hope that they eventually do include salaries if they aren't already. Good incentive for every team in the League and even more incentive for Challengers and new Orgs to join the fray.

Right, I saw that the prize pool is for top 4 only but why restrict it to that? These are probably the best 32 Halo players in the world, I don't see why the prize pool couldn't cover all 8 teams. I think a stabilized check for the 2 months you're in pro league + payout from season finals would do a lot to alleviate the players' current concerns.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I come into work early, sit down to catch up on 30+ pages of this thread, that unusually high number means  :intel:  has dropped. I learn that there will be consistent to-tier Halo 5 to watch this year, very exciting.

Then after 20 pages I see the talk goes into the cost of living. Beyond is one of my escapism hideouts, don't make it like real life. Pls.

we seriously need an "actual HCS Pro League Teams, Seeds, and Discussion" thread ... condensing the actual intel from each day.  I honestly don't have time to read through half-assed memes and silly discussion (sorry everyone).  I thought about starting this thread but figured it would get locked, maybe TB staff ...?  It would just need to be one post a day, simple.  

edit: I think the issue is that the Halo 5 Discussion Thread has been garbage for months and there's nowhere else for people to hang out?  I dunno.  

• Upvote (+1) 9

if nV beats RNG, and RNG is a top 1 or 2 team, does this mean CLG is top 3!?

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

if nV beats RNG, and RNG is a top 1 or 2 team, does this mean CLG is top 3!?

:kappa:

I made that joke when they were scrimming Crowd Pleasers the other night. :(

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

edit: I think the issue is that the Halo 5 Discussion Thread has been garbage for months and there's nowhere else for people to hang out?  I dunno.  

Make a TB Discord for ppl to shit post in https://discordapp.com/

Done.

Go ahead and make w/e thread you want lol - it gets locked, it gets locked. Not a big deal.

If TB is gonna seriously get into the org game I'm down to help out however I can. I actually am going to be coming into some money within the next year or two and was playing around with the thought of using some of it to start something up.

No we're the only team qualified, so we are in a whole different league than any other team. *Literally* 

:apg: