CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm not sure why the emphasis is on 343 to pay player salaries. Isn't that why all the orgs are around? To cover costs of travel, gear, and money to allow pros to be able to compete?Comparing it to real sports, you get paid by your team, not the league, and compete for bragging rights and a giant trophy. But in our case, you'd win a giant trophy and a huge bonus, because without the huge cash bonus there wouldn't be as much interest.

My question to the pros would be; Would you sacrifice a larger part of your tournament winnings (say like 50%) to your org, in exchange for a weekly stipend? Or would you rather keep it status quo, and have orgs only take a minor cut (5-10%) from winnings but not give out salaries?

And honestly, if you'd choose option A, why hasn't this come up in teams' negotiations with orgs?

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm not sure why the emphasis is on 343 to pay player salaries. Isn't that why all the orgs are around? To cover costs of travel, gear, and money to allow pros to be able to compete?Comparing it to real sports, you get paid by your team, not the league, and compete for bragging rights and a giant trophy. But in our case, you'd win a giant trophy and a huge bonus, because without the huge cash bonus there wouldn't be as much interest.

My question to the pros would be; Would you sacrifice a larger part of your tournament winnings (say like 50%) to your org, in exchange for a weekly stipend? Or would you rather keep it status quo, and have orgs only take a minor cut (5-10%) from winnings but not give out salaries?

And honestly, if you'd choose option A, why hasn't this come up in teams' negotiations with orgs?

...but orgs already take just a minor cut AND give out salaries.

Just caught up on the last 30 pages or so.

The pro league info is great, but damn would it be sweet to get a Team Beyond org going and sponsor a team. I don't know what the costs would be, but I'd definitely consider contributing financially however I can. Shit, even if it was something as little as a hike in price for Beyond premium membership costs, I'm in.

Whatever we need to do to get this ball rolling, I'd like to be involved somehow.

Team Beyond top 1.

Same

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is radar gone yet, or does that still dissuade newcomers?

Little Jimmy Del Hoyo throws a tantrum every time his father brings up taking it out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What kind of salaries do these orgs give? like the very biggest. Does anyone with the know, care to share that info? understand if not. But I know a few of the bigger name orgs, pay their players $500 a month. that's half my monthly rent... Was just speaking with a pro well he was discussing this news with someone else, and they were both saying they are concerned about $. Is there enough to support playing, is it even worth playing. especially for amateurs they both said... I just think its silly for anyone to think they can make a living off Halo. Unless you're a Ninja type streamer, part of Optic, or part of a CLG type squad, guaranteed to get large cuts of every prize pool, it's not likely. 

Was 343 paying salaries even something rumored? or was it just wishful thinking on the part of the pro players? I don't remember ever hearing about it. 

What kind of salaries do these orgs give? like the very biggest. Does anyone with the know, care to share that info? understand if not. But I know a few of the bigger name orgs, pay their players $500 a month. that's half my monthly rent... Was just speaking with a pro well he was discussing this news with someone else, and they were both saying they are concerned about $. Is there enough to support playing, is it even worth playing. especially for amateurs they both said... I just think its silly for anyone to think they can make a living off Halo. Unless you're a Ninja type streamer, part of Optic, or part of a CLG type squad, guaranteed to get large cuts of every prize pool, it's not likely. 

Was 343 paying salaries even something rumored? or was it just wishful thinking on the part of the pro players? I don't remember ever hearing about it. 

You pay $1000 a month? What do you make a month?

Then they should get a job, like everyone. Most of them don't play more than 6 hours a day. You can easily get a full time job.
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You pay $1000 a month? What do you make a month?

My rent is $840, $1000 isn't that crazy for other parts of the United States.

I just think its silly for anyone to think they can make a living off Halo. Unless you're a Ninja type streamer, part of Optic, or part of a CLG type squad, guaranteed to get large cuts of every prize pool, it's not likely.

Most players either live with their parents or are in college, and only a handful have even put in a notable effort into things like YouTube that would allow them to increase their income as a pro player. I don't see what's wrong with somebody working another job, even if it's part time to bring in some extra income. Lunchbox has been working his job ever since he came back. Lethul only quit his when he won HWC, and even before that, he had won more money than any other player since the prerelease H2A tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My rent is $840, 1000 isn't that crazy for other parts of the United States.

Quite low for some parts

• Upvote (+1) 3

What kind of salaries do these orgs give? like the very biggest. Does anyone with the know, care to share that info? understand if not. But I know a few of the bigger name orgs, pay their players $500 a month. that's half my monthly rent... 

Allegiance's founder said he was paying them $1000 a month.

In my area, a studio apartment is around 350/month, 2 bedroom apartments are around 550 a month.

Quite low for some parts

Yeah, San Fran gets up in the 2k+ range for 2beds :D

Then they should get a job, like everyone. Most of them don't play more than 6 hours a day. You can easily get a full time job.

I gave an upvote cause you'll need it for the incoming salvo.

as-requested-here-is-your-massive-downvo

• Upvote (+1) 4

If you're tired of the Ogre 2/player salaries/non-top 8 top 1,000/no radar/autos talk

E6 and Soul are scrimming right now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I agree with almost everything you post, but not about these 4-8 teams consistently "THRASHING" other AM teams. If that were to be the case then even if pro league was 12 teams, the teams going to relegation would "THRASH" the teams trying to make pro league anyways. People will grind and get better to make it to pro league no matter the size of the pro league. Yes there will be some thrashings on the way there but there always will be in any competitive league. If you deserve to be in the top 8 than you will find a way. /rant

Ps: not for or against larger pro league. I'm just glad we have one at this point

I will go ahead and agree with you here, and say that I stand corrected. I hate being wrong.

scAXvjP.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Allegiance's founder said he was paying them $1000 a month.

In my area, a studio apartment is around 350/month, 2 bedroom apartments are around 550 a month.

Yeah, San Fran gets up in the 2k+ range for 2beds :D

Where do you live?  Because that sounds awesome.

I agree with you guys that 343 doesn't need to pay salaries. I mean don't they throw enough money at this game? If you aren't making enough money then either

-start winning

-start twitch

-start YouTube

-get sponsors

You have to brand yourself in esports. Even in some of the biggest games, tourney money isn't enough to live on, especially if you aren't winning.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My rent is $840, $1000 isn't that crazy for other parts of the United States.

Yeah if you live downtown in some of major cities 1000 isn't even expensive... 

• Upvote (+1) 1