CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Btw you can keep downvoting and calling me out every time I post, doesn't affect me at all.

Funny that you bring it up, though.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really don't agree with the entitlement. IF you're not having fun playing Halo/streaming and expect it to make you a living, stop. If you can't put your life on hold anymore don't. It's literally the risk you take at such a fickle "occupation."

Ninja got 5th-8th and makes a fuckload streaming, and he worked for it.

I don't think anyone is expecting to make a living. Just saying.

• Upvote (+1) 9

You missed that im also right.

Btw you can keep downvoting and calling me out every time I post, doesn't affect me at all.

You negate any possibility of being correct in any of your statements by being a huge asshole that doesn't follow through with his remarks.  

I don't see how you're correct or 'right' in ANY of your posts when you don't follow up with anything more than ignorant statements.

How did Commonly come in here acting entitled?  What does your LoL/Korea statement even have to do with it?  Because you assumed he was being entitled?  

Or maybe the pros are complaining because only top 4 get paid?  Why even show up?  Thats not entitlement, its called being fucking fair.

I swear you just talk out of your ass 100% of the time and hope you get lucky trying to make a point.

You literally NEVER have anything constructive or positive to say about this game, the league or the scene.  Why are you even here?

• Upvote (+1) 9

100% this.

Additionally, by ensuring pro players have the ability to at least survive on a month-to-month basis without them having to work part-time/full-time jobs, you create two additional boons for the league:

1. Pros can spend more time PLAYING Halo...and in the case of those that stream, it means more time promoting the game and building hype for the game and league itself.
  2. Pros can spend more time PLAYING Halo...which means they have more time to refine their craft and improve, driving up the level of play in the league and increasing the entertainment value to be had by watching.

This is great but where does the money come from? If what Commonly says is true (and it's just not commonly I've seen these threads before) where do these smaller pros want the check to come from? From the orgs right? Where do orgs get the money from? Advertising and events. Halo is tiny so is the advertising and events. So once again, where do you want the money to come from?  

Have you heard the term 'positive feedback' ? If we wan't Halo to grow, we have to invest in it so players actually want to play (and people want to watch), which will in turn let us invest even more into it

Arguing that players shouldn't be paid as much as CoD players because it's not as popular just perpetuates a cycle of stagnant growth

If you wan't evidence of this trend, just look at the (awesome) viewership we had for HWC

#ProsWhoArentInTheTop4LivesMatter

who is the "we" that is investing? 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I mean,its your choice, its a blessing that 343 is doing as much as they are doing in the first place. As great as it would be to get some extra finacial assistance Lets be real, most pros should not expect to make legit money from halo, most should have jobs outside of h5. H5 isnt that popular, and somehow its managed to have the biggest tournys ever seen for console esports, which is great but it seems silly to ask for even more when I doubt 343 is seeing a return on the work they are doing.

I mean even Riot loses money on the LCS. Esports for these companies isn't about creating a profit, but rather advertising their game. If Microsoft and 343 want Halo Esports to exist and be pushed, they need to compensate pros for their time commitment. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lets remember that Microsoft/343 have already invested massive amounts if money and resources into the H5 competitive scene. At sone point they need to see a return on their investment in order to justify continued spending.

If the pro league is successful and grows I have no doubt that the payouts will expand beyond top 4. So putnyour noses to grindstone, top 8 teams. Make the league a success in hopes that your hard work will pay off down the road.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just caught up on the last 30 pages or so.

The pro league info is great, but damn would it be sweet to get a Team Beyond org going and sponsor a team. I don't know what the costs would be, but I'd definitely consider contributing financially however I can. Shit, even if it was something as little as a hike in price for Beyond premium membership costs, I'm in. 

Whatever we need to do to get this ball rolling, I'd like to be involved somehow. 

Team Beyond top 1.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Now...if they announce No Radar, omfg...... my $100 will be going to 343i in a heartbeat.

pls 343, pls.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Have you heard the term 'positive feedback' ? If we wan't Halo to grow, we have to invest in it so players actually want to play (and people want to watch), which will in turn let us invest even more into it

Arguing that players shouldn't be paid as much as CoD players because it's not as popular just perpetuates a cycle of stagnant growth

If you wan't evidence of this trend, just look at the (awesome) viewership we had for HWC

#ProsWhoArentInTheTop4LivesMatter

We were once the kings and the pros did nothing to grow the viewership they rarely interacted with the community. Where are the nadeshots of Halo ??, where are the hotshotggs of Halo??. Don't deceive yourself, 343 had to pay 2.5million to get 100k for a few minutes.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 5

200k is a more than generous prize pool for 4 TEAMS ONLY. The leftover 50k should be distributed to every top 8 team that qualifies (it can cover around $1,500 a player) that's more than fair for all the teams. We don't feel like Microsoft should invest anymore money, all parties including 343 and esl are doing a fantastic job already.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'd like to see the players get some kind of stipend for making it into pro league. It doesn't even have to be much. Just take $50k out of the prize pool and divide it weekly among 32 players for each season.

• Upvote (+1) 5

200k is a more than generous prize pool for 4 TEAMS ONLY. The leftover 50k should be distributed to every top 8 team that qualifies (it can cover around $1,500 a player) that's more than fair for all the teams. We don't feel like Microsoft should invest anymore money, all parties including 343 and esl are doing a fantastic job already.

If they're selling skins of pro teams, I feel like that money should be invested directly to the teams... a la stickers.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I also think that players should augment their own earnings by streaming and making content. Pro League will give players another marketing tool to help themselves grow.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Now...if they announce No Radar, omfg...... my $100 will be going to 343i in a heartbeat.

pls 343, pls.

Not gonna happen sadly. 

This is great but where does the money come from? If what Commonly says is true (and it's just not commonly I've seen these threads before) where do these smaller pros want the check to come from? From the orgs right? Where do orgs get the money from? Advertising and events. Halo is tiny so is the advertising and events. So once again, where do you want the money to come from?

They live in a bubble, what 343 is doing is charity, i would like to see the projection that shows return of investment in these 2.5 millions, not even at advertising is good, you can get more viewers for those 2.5 mill dollars in other platforms.
  • Downvote (-1) 8

We were once the kings and the pros did nothing to grow the viewership they rarely interacted with the community. Where are the nadeshots of Halo ??, where are the hotshotggs of Halo??. Don't deceive yourself, 343 had to pay 2.5million to get 100k for a few minutes.

And I'm more than ok with that - although remember that we(Halo fans and players) paid 1.5 million of that

I get your point and I don't even disagree really, but I just think we have different ideas of what 343/Microsoft should be doing in terms of support

Edit: my rep bar is Bungie af right now

Just in case there are any cummies out there

57jIxfD.png

This text amazingly represents our sophistication 

• Upvote (+1) 2

But would it be Team Beyond (Beyond) or Team Team Beyond (Team Beyond)... so many questions. 

edit*

Still here and lurking. Hopefully can share more news, especially regarding PAX, asap. 

editsquared*

Saw the Simms is :intel:  posts, might need to give that man a run for his money. 

The Team Beyond Team :kappa: