CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

All these statement are interesting in terms of how certain players are not that good or as good in halo 5 and then these statements lead into how halo 5 should be played. yeah this halo is slightly different, you got all these new mechanics that speed up the pace of the game and then you got all these other features that include radar and an array of automatic weapons with fast kill times. And yeah that changes the way the game is played on an individual level versus the old traditional mechanics where the movement and resultant pace is much slower. But like in all the other games when you play flag once you get control you force a spawn and watch cutoffs, angles of routes players will take off spawn to stop a flag run and you generally focus on the immediate routes so that the other team has to take the longest possible route. When you play slayer it's still the same logic and thinking process. You still set up for power weapons and you still focus on getting a pick. Then you abuse your numerical advantage and push the other team or you get overshield or a power weapon or camo and abuse its properties to get a pick so you can push or you flip the map so that you are in a better position to get the next round of weapons. Everything is just at a faster pace. I can rant about strongholds and the other game types like assault but everything is the same: know how to influence spawns, focus on slaying or getting some sort of advantage before getting map position, use position to get power weapons and etc. push together, watch cut offs. Only real difference is the mechanics and how you use them to accomplish those things. If you are going to tell me Ogre 2 or some of the older pro players can't succeed in this game because it's "too different" you couldn't be any more in the wrong.

Quality.

Even if I teamed with DragonSlayer516, randyjohnson212, and butterwaffle, that team would still attend PAX because of being an ex-Allegiance member. This LAN is for the pro league spot that Allegiance would have if we didn't break up. We all split which is why all the teams that are going have 1 member from ALG :)

My name's Randy. Is this Intel I'm going to PAX to compete?  :simms:

Got caught up on all the pro league news - seems really great to me, excited for the future! :simms:

I think that is a very fair way of inviting a second team.

Obviously, Allegiance deserved an invite, right behind CLG.

Allegiance is no longer a team, so lets give the opportunity to the players who grinded and made Allegiance as successful as they were.

It's extra juicy because of people thinking ALG got an undeserved placing with an easier bracket at Worlds. It's the exact opposite of a silver lining for the bitter Halo fan.

only-child-problems-5.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

So we have two seasons of 250k each and a big final of 1million + crowd funding.

I think we could get another million from crowd funding, depending on how soon these team skins drop, we could get more than another million.

There could be anything from 2million to 3 million on the line :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:

There is no perfect number of teams in the pro league. There will always be someone on the outside looking in thinking they're better than that those on the inside, and super jelly. So what if a lot of "pros" are playing in the challenger bracket? If the pro league was 20 teams these guys would still be getting 3-0 swept by EG, CLG and Renegades at the tournaments so that doesn't really matter, all that they're mad about and all that matters to them is putting "pro" in their title. 

This kinda reminds me of the college football playoffs and teams 5 and 6 wanting to expand it, and 7-8 wanting to expand and so on. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's extra juicy because of people thinking ALG got an undeserved placing with an easier bracket at Worlds. It's the exact opposite of a silver lining for the bitter Halo fan.

Then if you add in the fact that Denial was the team that fared the best against CLG and might "deserve" second place from that metric... you get to pour even more salt in the wound for Contra/Devon who split from Huke/BubuDubu...because Huke/BubuDubu joined Cratos and therefore get to fight for that second place spot anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Then if you add in the fact that Denial was the team that fared the best against CLG and might "deserve" second place from that metric... you get to pour even more salt in the wound for Contra/Devon who split from Huke/BubuDubu...because Huke/BubuDubu joined Cratos and therefore get to fight for that second place spot anyway.

Am I evil if this makes me happy?

dr_Evil.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lee Git?

Cool idea, but you sound like you're having trouble and speeding up and slowing down and speeding up and etc etc etc.  

Take a huge deep breath.  Relax.  Talk to us instead of reading to us.  Use what your reading from as topical reference of what you wanna talk about to us.   

Make your information transitions smoother.  Like how Storm Ventures took FB to 10 games in the finals in Chicago, or something like "When SV broke up, Naded paired with Legit, went on to be recruited by Str8 Rippin with T2 and Foulacy."  Mention the roster of Perfect Storm for example of info transition.  

You didn't even mention who was on Allegiance with him and you referred to the Halo World Championship finals as "the most recent event."  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Here is what I have so far. Feel free to make a request. I'd prefer to stick to teams/halo related stuff though.

You should make one for Memes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

2 (or 3) separate chances to Qualify, Double Elim BO5/7 Brackets, Weekly BO5 Matches, Settings Updates, Open Circuit LANs, two $250,000 Season Playoffs, plus another HWC...

What?

Just the usual

try-not-to-cry-bitch.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1