CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

http://teambeyond.net/hcs-pro-league-information/

12 days notice for a LAN

really? 

other than that i'm stoked but cmon

They knew about this for the last month. I remember the nV guys were talking about EG and their lack of practice on stream. Someone said "they're going to lose at Boston if they don't practice" then someone told him they were on Mikwen's stream and they stopped talking about it. I asked Commonly and Ninja but they didn't reply and I didn't want to go making rumours if I had picked up on it wrong. But I'm 100% sure that they've known about the PAX Lan since at least the first pro call a few weeks ago.

• Upvote (+1) 2

For the 100,000th time, an HCS Playlist would be so damaging to Halo 5's matchmaking and competitive ecosystem as a whole. Tell them to fix Team Arena and align the gametypes to the HCS.

Side Note: I also hope that they extend Halo 5 Arena Seasons to two months, to align with the HCS Seasons. Adds to a general sense of competition for everyone.

'Fixing team arena' right now means pulling out three, four entire maps and a bunch of gametypes that aren't used in HCS, which doesn't seem realistic. I'd agree if that was gonna happen, but I don't think it is. They clearly want to use that stuff in the main playlist, they're not just gonna throw out and not use the new free content. I'm not convinced/seen proof that an HCS or competitive playlist would ruin matchmaking or the game's population.

Either Arena is the social playlist, or it reflects the same HCS maps and settings--it's trying to do both, which makes searching it a complete grab bag. Several no fun gametypes and maps for every good game. Nobody here wants to play Pegasus, ever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

'Fixing team arena' right now means pulling out three, four entire maps and a bunch of gametypes that aren't used in HCS, which doesn't seem realistic. I'd agree if that was gonna happen, but I don't think it is. They clearly want to use that stuff in the main playlist, they're not just gonna throw out and not use the new free content. I'm not convinced/seen proof that an HCS or competitive playlist would ruin matchmaking or the game's population.

Either Arena is the social playlist, or it reflects the same HCS maps and settings--it's trying to do both, which makes searching it a complete grab bag. Several no fun gametypes and maps for every good game. Nobody here wants to play Pegasus, ever.

it wouldnt be so bad if the weighting wasn't so heavily favoring the new maps and gametypes. i think. 

They knew about this for the last month. I remember the nV guys were talking about EG and their lack of practice on stream. Someone said "they're going to lose at Boston if they don't practice" then someone told him they were on Mikwen's stream and they stopped talking about it. I asked Commonly and Ninja but they didn't reply and I didn't want to go making rumours if I had picked up on it wrong. But I'm 100% sure that they've known about the PAX Lan since at least the first pro call a few weeks ago.

That and well...Cratos outright said they knew for a few weeks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah would make sense as the teams knew they had to have rosters formed.

For the 100,000th time, an HCS Playlist would be so damaging to Halo 5's matchmaking and competitive ecosystem as a whole. Tell them to fix Team Arena and align the gametypes to the HCS.

Side Note: I also hope that they extend Halo 5 Arena Seasons to two months, to align with the HCS Seasons. Adds to a general sense of competition for everyone.

These are 2 good points. Arena should be HCS gametypes and they should just have a separate OBJ playlist or something with all the combinations of maps and gametypes. 

It would be a great idea to have the arena seasons mirror the pro league seasons.

Also, my reaction to 343's  :intel: bombs from today:

IqhzxCb.gif

So stoked for team skins.  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 3

it wouldnt be so bad if the weighting wasn't so heavily favoring the new maps and gametypes. i think. 

Agreed, but again that shows the Arena playlist is unlikely to transform into an HCS-only playlist all the sudden. That's definitively not what they want to use it for, it seems. Or, we're going to have Overgrowth, Torque, and Pegasus HCS gametypes at tournaments soon  :walshy:

yeah cratos said they knew for weeks, so i complained for no reason  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have no idea how to tag people, but Tashi please tell us when crowdfunding starts again ASAP so I can get some gold REQ packs.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Everyone keeps saying 8th, when 5-8th is all the same. Idk how the seeds will work for this, but with teams having players that didn't qualify the only team I can see locked in as a seed is OpTic at 4th and nV as 3rd. Idk how it will work with E6 and us, it depends how they determine shooters points, and no one knows at this point in time.

Would you prefer they did it by team name? Then the seeds would be:

1: EG

2: NV

3: Optic

4: E6 (Have yet to compete)

Frankly its such a small tournament that it won't make a big difference.

Also for those interested, I made a point system (Low=Better) for those going to PAX to see if the seeding makes sense:

EG (Roy +5, Lunchbox +5, Snip3down +5, Svspector +2): 17

E6 (Huke +3, BubuDubu +3, Cratos +2, Shooter +17): 25

NV (Mikwen +17, Pistola +17, El Town +2, Rayne +3): 39

OG (Ace +5, Naded +2, Flamesword +17, Maniac +17): 41

(The players get the highest potential placement at worlds (5th-8th=5), whoever didn't make it gets 17 points)

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ah I didn't know shooter didn't qualify but the trio of bubu, huke, cratos all placed top 4 where as lunch, Roy, and snipedown placed 8th. Is suspectors 2nd place finish enough to push them to 1st?

It all depends on what value they give players who did not qualify for HWC if they give them all a value of 17 (16 teams invited to HWC)then crowd pleasers takes first seed with an average placing of 6.25 in comparison to EG's 6.5. but I am just spit balling and have no idea what numeric value they will assign to players who did not qualify.

Edit the above paragraph was made assuming EG placed 8th and Denial 3rd, (It would really help if there were actual placings instead of groupings.)

If EG are given 5th place instead of 8th (which only seems fair), then they would have the highest average placing with 4.25. Again though this is purely speculative

I have no idea how to tag people, but Tashi please tell us when crowdfunding starts again ASAP so I can get some gold REQ packs.

@@Tashi @@Vivi

I got you fam

• Upvote (+1) 1

Definitely heard that feedback loud and clear, and we're working to announce Summer Finals details ASAP. Believe me, nothing we want more than the entire Halo community to attend these tournaments.

Is it possible we can get an HCS Playlist?

Forgot I did that one. :-)

If 343 did a Beyond skin I would buy it no matter of the price.

100%

I have spent $0.00 dollars on Req packs... if they made a pack with Beyond skins and some team skins (where we KNOW what we are getting, not a lottery) i would pony up some dough

• Upvote (+1) 2

1. Pegasus is in Slayer (which should be Social, but thats another conversation), not Team Arena
  2. A lot of the hate regarding the DLC maps stems from them not being in the competitive rotation in the first place. It's become a big circle jerk about an HCS Playlist rather than critiquing the maps for actual competitive improvement 
  3. The new maps are all being reworked (Torque has been majorly improved) so blindly hating them would be bad when they might be deemed more competitively viable in the near future. Riptide Strongholds could stay in but Slayer removed, etc. I'm not saying keep Team Arena as it is but refinements need to go in on both ends of the spectrum (MM & HCS)

Major downside of the  qualifying procedure is once you have, nothing to play for until the league.
After the 4 team PAX invitational the 8 team lan wont have the two best teams there, pretty sad.

Also sucks for CLG as they dont have much to play for or scrim for, for 2 months.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

<p>

EVIL GENIUSES

• Suspector
  • Roy
  • Lunchbox
  • Snip3down
OPTIC GAMING
  • Naded
  • Flamesword
  • Maniac
  • ACE
ENIGMA 6
  • Cratos
  • Huke
  • BubuDubu
  • Shooter
TEAM ENVYUS
  • El Town
  • Rayne
  • Mikwen
  • Pistola

We could not have anticipated a more heavy-hitting lineup of teams, and can’t wait to see them duke it out on the ESL stage at PAX East 2016! Here’s a breakdown of the format for this LAN tournament.

FORMAT

• Winner qualifies for HCS Pro League
  • Double elimination
  • Matches will be a “Best of 5,” until the Winner’s Finals, Loser’s Finals, and Grand Finals, which will be a “Best of 7.”
  • Teams will be seeded based upon Halo World Championship performance
  • Halo World Championship map and game type rotation will be used

So fucking hyped for this tournament! Boys in blue!!

Most professional players are hitting their prime at the age of 28. I.e. Lebron James, Michael Jordan just to name a couple

Curry, Harper, trout, stamkos, Crosby, Antonio Brown, JJ watt, Messi. All under 30 and all the best at their sport.

It's probably just having younger bodies physically. So I'm just saying, you can't compare real sports and Halo when it comes to age. OG2 could very well be a pro at age 40. Who knows. He still seems like a great player to me.

Definitely heard that feedback loud and clear, and we're working to announce Summer Finals details ASAP. Believe me, nothing we want more than the entire Halo community to attend these tournaments.

Thank you for listening. Something Bungie never did. Everybody will jump on the 343 hate though simply because of a fucking brand name, Jesus fuck. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

We're gonna have to do something about this "boys in blue" thing. I think like 3 or 4 teams in the top 12 are "The boys in blue" EG, CLG, Envy off the top of my head.