CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I LOVE YOU VIVI AND EVERYBODY ELSE ON 343/ESL FOR LISTENING TO FEEDBACKS!!!

This is absolutely fantastic so far!!!

• Upvote (+1) 2

So HWC settings will be used for qualifying, you said @@Vivi? Just the PAX qual or until all qualifers are done? That means no new settings or gametypes until then, @@Tashi, or you'll continue tweaking and changing them between tournaments? 

Also, if an HCS playlist is possible, or at leaaaast a playlist that better represents competitive maps and gametypes, that'd be great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Definitely heard that feedback loud and clear, and we're working to announce Summer Finals details ASAP. Believe me, nothing we want more than the entire Halo community to attend these tournaments.

This is great to hear. Having info ASAP will help me attend one event.

I'm not good at math but is e6 higher average than eg? Shooter didn't even qualify for hwc so wouldn't that hurt their avg quite a bit? I think the seeds will be

1. EG

2. E6

3. NV

4. Optic

Ah I didn't know shooter didn't qualify but the trio of bubu, huke, cratos all placed top 4 where as lunch, Roy, and snipedown placed 8th. Is suspectors 2nd place finish enough to push them to 1st?

Kind of? Trust me when I say that I hate the "more details soon" posts, but roster locks/player movement details are coming soon as well. 

i'd rather get a "soon" reply than no reply at all, so thanks  :smiley:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pumped to see another event in my backyard at PAX East even if it is just a 4 team invite only event. I'll 100% be there who else am I gonna see?

Definitely heard that feedback loud and clear, and we're working to announce Summer Finals details ASAP. Believe me, nothing we want more than the entire Halo community to attend these tournaments.

Any word on the feedback on the need for a HCS Playlist???

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ah I didn't know shooter didn't qualify but the trio of bubu, huke, cratos all placed top 4 where as lunch, Roy, and snipedown placed 8th. Is suspectors 2nd place finish enough to push them to 1st?

The fact Optic is there should be enough to answer your question.  At least the rest of EG made it to the HWC.

Acting like having a good reaction time won't help you be better at halo is stupid. Studies have shown that as you age your reaction time does slow down, starting at 24 in some cases. 

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/brains-reaction-time-peaks-age-24-study-finds/

T2 is younger than 2gre yet no one is in here defending him when people call him old news/washed. (Which I am not saying about 2gre btw)

I understand a lot of people don't want to believe that Ogre 2's time on top is nearing an end, but in less something changes, its not looking good. 

I think more than one person has made a good argument already about this, though it gets overlooked because of how they say it. 

Not to bring this up again, but this is interesting. I've read other studies that say the opposite.

I'll have to read the entire study later. I wonder if diet, weight, and sleep were factored in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everyone keeps saying 8th, when 5-8th is all the same. Idk how the seeds will work for this, but with teams having players that didn't qualify the only team I can see locked in as a seed is OpTic at 4th and nV as 3rd. Idk how it will work with E6 and us, it depends how they determine shooters points, and no one knows at this point in time.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

For the 100,000th time, an HCS Playlist would be so damaging to Halo 5's matchmaking and competitive ecosystem as a whole. Tell them to fix Team Arena and align the gametypes to the HCS.

Side Note: I also hope that they extend Halo 5 Arena Seasons to two months, to align with the HCS Seasons. Adds to a general sense of competition for everyone.

This would work too and makes more sense. @@Tashi

• Upvote (+1) 6

LoL has 10 teams?

All open bracket everything would be better. But I'm happy we have something and it is a good start. 343 is playing it safe so the fanbase grows and it's working. For now I will enjoy all the HCS goodness. Literally happy as hell right now. 

Welp

No idea what he's talking about then

Still think 8 is too small :/

Think he is referring to LoL having salaries and such. More money out there for teams outside of the top tier guys. In Halo that isn't the case so it's harder to devote as much time as you may need.

For the 100,000th time, an HCS Playlist would be so damaging to Halo 5's matchmaking and competitive ecosystem as a whole. Tell them to fix Team Arena and align the gametypes to the HCS.

So just have only HCS gametypes in the Arena playlist. Same thing. 

Well the best player in every one of those leagues is under 30...

Most professional players are hitting their prime at the age of 28. I.e. Lebron James, Michael Jordan just to name a couple

Think he is referring to LoL having salaries and such. More money out there for teams outside of the top tier guys. In Halo that isn't the case so it's harder to devote as much time as you may need.

Do we know that Halo's league won't be salaried?

So just have only HCS gametypes in the Arena playlist. Same thing.

Yes but shouting "HCS Playlist! HCS Playlist!" will easily give them the wrong idea.