CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sounds like the choice reactions slow over time because as you become more mature you think about things more (the pros and cons so to speak), whereas when your younger you have less experience and knowledge to draw from and therefore take less time to run through the options.

Surprised anyone even looked at it lol

Cool to see E6 is coming to Halo. It's interesting that Huke is on the squad cause if I'm not mistaken Huke and E6 had a falling out in CoD, they must have buried the hatchet.

I'm assuming this potential Liquid squad hasn't officially happened yet?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not baiting anything, stating what I see. I have a notification from you earlier (prior to this one) and it doesn't exist in the thread, so either it was removed by mods or you edited it entirely, don't come at me first and then play the victim card. Go enjoy your time off instead of sobbing on here.

What the fuck are you talking about!?!?!?!?!

I responded to you but the comment was not directed completely towards you nor was it any way negative towards anybody in particular, so I took the quote off and edited my post because I felt like it. I never "came at you" for anything..You shouldn't assume anything because you make yourself look stupid in the process. What the fuck was I going to come at you for? That NOTHING you said towards me or your completely sarcastic post? That makes zero sense! Talk about pulling the victim card when I did NOTHING to you and you go on the defense. lmao Good job  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

All these statement are interesting in terms of how certain players are not that good or as good in halo 5 and then these statements lead into how halo 5 should be played. yeah this halo is slightly different, you got all these new mechanics that speed up the pace of the game and then you got all these other features that include radar and an array of automatic weapons with fast kill times. And yeah that changes the way the game is played on an individual level versus the old traditional mechanics where the movement and resultant pace is much slower. But like in all the other games when you play flag once you get control you force a spawn and watch cutoffs, angles of routes players will take off spawn to stop a flag run and you generally focus on the immediate routes so that the other team has to take the longest possible route. When you play slayer it's still the same logic and thinking process. You still set up for power weapons and you still focus on getting a pick. Then you abuse your numerical advantage and push the other team or you get overshield or a power weapon or camo and abuse its properties to get a pick so you can push or you flip the map so that you are in a better position to get the next round of weapons. Everything is just at a faster pace. I can rant about strongholds and the other game types like assault but everything is the same: know how to influence spawns, focus on slaying or getting some sort of advantage before getting map position, use position to get power weapons and etc. push together, watch cut offs. Only real difference is the mechanics and how you use them to accomplish those things. If you are going to tell me Ogre 2 or some of the older pro players can't succeed in this game because it's "too different" you couldn't be any more in the wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Did 343 already announce when is this 256 team open double elim bracket Mlg tournament that will determine the seeds for league ?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why don't they have games finished before they announce anything about them?

Those are completely different instances with completely different goals. I had a paragraph typed up but I don't care enough to explain it. Bottom line is, they should have had at least some info ready to go to keep building off the interest they earned with hwc. It's fairly easy to see how that would be a good idea.

Today will be a good day :)

Kory pls, I just got to work, can you please not make this day any longer than it will be :(
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I am by no means an Ogre 2 hater but if you are worthy of a top 4/6 team, you are on one. The pros understand the game at a much higher level than most of us do and if he was worthy of a team like that, he would have one. I don't think the GOAT is flying under the radar. 

As far as reaction time declining:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/brains-reaction-time-peaks-age-24-study-finds/

(Says reaction time slowly starts to decline at age 24. This article also mentions that older players make up for reaction time decline with experience and strategy)

and

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/lol-reaction-time-by-ladder-tier/

(Says 14-18 yr olds are faster than people in their 20s, people in 20s remained steady until mid 30s. This test does seem easily skewed according to the article)

After reading these articles and a few others, I think there is a very good chance that his reaction time has slowed down over the years. Normally a gamer could make up for this by using strategy and experience but it is a new game. He has the same amount of experience (maybe even less due to his internet) with it as these young guns. 

I hope 2gre can turn it around and climb back to the top. Halo is a better place when he is competing for championships. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It is clear OG2 does not still have the raw skill he showed in H2 and hasn't for a while... but why? Here's my three reasons, that I feel to some degree, lead to this.

1. Different game, different skill set. H5 is not suited to OG2 at all. 

2. 6 hours a day playing video games for 15 years. Any time you use your hands in a repetitive task like that for so long there are side effects. 

3. Sifting demographics of who plays video games. We're got more people from more walks of life playing then ever. He competed in a much smaller pool in H2. Who knows how many new names we would have right now if Reach - 4 weren't awful.

it is funny how T2 is washed but OG2 is still great. Maybe it has something to do with your personal feelings about a player? FB was my team back in H2 and the end of H3 FB was a dream come true. I never liked T2 but I try to be rational in what I see. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Can someone please post some actual facts about hand-eye coordination declining by the age of 29?

I just think a lot of people are making assumptions and I keep seeing it when talking about 2gre. Sounds like horseshit.

Could be wrong though. Just trying to say It's not the reason 2gre isn't a Top 5 player.

I'm on mobile so I can't link but you're right, it is horseshit. There are studies that show age has no impact on reaction time/hand eye coordination until people reach their 40's - 50's and even then the loss is minimal in most cases.

It's just people attributing older players waning interest in games to a technical deficiency. Typically as players would get older they'd lose interest bc there was nothing in it for them to keep playing. Now with esports the incentive is there so we have older pros sticking around in Dota/lol/cs and doing fine.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hang on are people genuinely complaining about it being top 8, at most it should be top ten as anything beyond that would not be competitive, does nobody remember how the likes of overdrive and soar faired against the top teams, they were steam rolled and I think got goosed on strongholds. This ensures that the best 32 players find their way onto the best 8 teams, it ensures the league will be as competitive as possible, where everyteam stand as reasonable chance of beating everyone.

Edit: it also means that there are competitive teams in the challenger league, so when it comes down to the relegation/promotion showdown that there are teams in the challenger division that can compete in the pro league, this is how the system should work otherwise no team in the top 12 would loose to a challenger league team (realistically speaking anyway).

I do not know how many of you watch the COD world league but NA only got 12 league spots and if we are honest their talent pool is much larger than that. Orgs such as Liquid, E6, and cloud 9 with infamous pro's such as Dedo, Censor, Apathy, Merk, Killa all not making it. But I think it made the league more intense as if you were in the relegation zone you knew you had to face a serious team with notable pro's and not just decent amateur team. It was intense right up to the last week with every single match meaning something, as teams were taking games from each other left and right. Furthermore the EU got 10 league spots and 1 team only won 2 maps in 18 best of 5's (NOT GAMES, MAPS) they were an embarrassment and a free win for every team. I would hate to see that happen here. (Same thing happened in the aussie and nz league btw)

Can anyone honestly say that apart from NV and Elevate, there were teams that got eliminated from regionals that could consistently take maps and games from other teams that made it to worlds?

Will every popular pro and org make the league? no absolutely not but the owness is on them not 343 to be there, some of these team changes are absolutely baffling (we all know what ones I am referring to)  now maybe players will reconsider and place themselves on the most competitive rosters possible instead of who they get along with.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Peoples arguments against top 12 are so ass.

Teams like soar and overdrive only made it because:

1) it was top 16

2) we had one of the most awfully formatted online qualifier system I've ever seen

There is enough talent to fill out a 12 team pro league with the bottom 4 being relegated/fighting against challenger teams.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Peoples arguments against top 12 are so ass.

Teams like soar and overdrive only made it because:

1) it was top 16

2) we had one of the most awfully formatted online qualifier system I've ever seen

There is enough talent to fill out a 12 team pro league with the bottom 4 being relegated/fighting against challenger teams.

Name those 12 teams please? (lets say from regionals as 12 teams have not formed yet)

Name those 12 teams please? (lets say from regionals as 12 teams have not formed yet)

@@ssbChad already outlined those teams a few pages back

Finally, today we shall receive the great PRO LEAGUE INFO BOMB!!!!

giphy.gif

So, I just came in here to do my morning check on scrims and see this shitstorm. I would prefer to avoid reading the last however many pages of repeated nonsense, would anyone be so kind as to let me know the scores of scrims last night? I pay in upvotes.

ITS HALO NOT QUAKE

"2gre is getting old (he's not even 30) I think his hand eye is declining, even though halo is a slow ass game"

Sorry but that is stupid

If anything maybe he has RSI injuries but who doesn't on the competitive level

Acting like having a good reaction time won't help you be better at halo is stupid. Studies have shown that as you age your reaction time does slow down, starting at 24 in some cases. 

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/brains-reaction-time-peaks-age-24-study-finds/

T2 is younger than 2gre yet no one is in here defending him when people call him old news/washed. (Which I am not saying about 2gre btw)

I understand a lot of people don't want to believe that Ogre 2's time on top is nearing an end, but in less something changes, its not looking good. 

I think more than one person has made a good argument already about this, though it gets overlooked because of how they say it. 

Ogre 2 washed up again?  sigh....

...Intel..Intel...where are you...we are all looking and cant find you ! 

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's funny because I feel the same way and all the Pro players seem to say the same. But then I watch videos and read comments from members on this site (outside this thread) and people all agreeing with it that say H5 is "passive" and has "slow TTK" completely contradicting what I hear the Pro players say.

Hahaha I love this post so much

• Upvote (+1) 2

Acting like having a good reaction time won't help you be better at halo is stupid. Studies have shown that as you age your reaction time does slow down, starting at 24 in some cases. 

T2 is younger than 2gre yet no one is in here defending him when people call him old news/washed. (Which I am not saying about 2gre btw)

I understand a lot of people don't want to believe that Ogre 2's time on top is nearing an end, but in less something changes, its not looking good. 

I think more than one person has made a good argument already about this, though it gets overlooked because of how they say it. 

the amount of reaction time required for halo is pretty minimal, that's why any "decline in reaction time" doesn't really matter

it's not a twitch shooter, it's an aim assisted console shooter 

if reaction time really drastically changes so much once you hit 30 (or 24 lol) then why are so many NHL goaltenders 40+ years old? 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I get where your logic is coming from but I completely disagree that all the top players are already on pro teams. Season 1 seeds were literally decided by the first online cup when the game first game out and the by amount you grinded on the gb ladder ( gb ladder didn't do much because the teams that got top 16 grinded aswell and for every win you only got 5 points versus the 500+ points you'd get off a decent placing in a qualifier). So teams like overdrive and other teams made it into the top 16. From there players that didn't do the first cup or didn't compete at the time or didn't even have a proper team at the time got screwed. Every cup after that they would have to play a top 8 team around round 3 which gets you literally nada points. The teams that made it in the first cup were pretty much given easier teams until the later brackets where they secured larger quantities of points. I know more than one amateur player who can play at a level equivalent to some of the players on some of these top 16 teams and that's not including the various pro players/former pro players who are trying to compete again. Since we were talking about Ogre 2, Ogre 2 was on a Halo 5 pro team and he was getting pro placings in the qualifiers so when it comes down to it he should be able to compete at a pro level in Halo 5. Whether pro teams pick him up I think has a lot to do with more of how the players mesh and the way they want to play the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1