CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I honestly don't think it's hand-eye coordination. When players age, they lose the drive to grind every day all day like they had when they were in their teens and early 20's. Same thing happened to me. Had I continued to play the same amount, with the same drive to get better, I don't think I would have seen myself decline at all. You see the same thing in all eSports and I don't think it's just a "well he's upper 20's so he can't be good anymore" thing. These players just don't have the same love for Halo they had when they were younger and had less responsibilities. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

And neither do you, sir. You have a blind hatred masked with a thin veil of superficial knowledge based mostly on conjecture and statistics. People have made these "washed" claims since Reach. People will continue to do so no matter how he plays.

Oh really?

I have reality in my corner: he can't even make Elevate.  No Top 6 team wants him.  Every team that has ran with him has gone in another direction.  Its clearly not just about his internet.  I've blatantly heard Lethul and others state that he is declined in the nicest way possible. 

Your opinion is based off of nothing.  If he was worthy of a Top 6 team, he'd be on a Top 6 team.

Blind hatred? Its called objective analysis, something that is clearly not possible for those of you who romanticize these players for no apparent reason.  Get over it; your favourite player from 10 years ago cant hack it like he used to.  The man is ~30 years old and yet I'm supposedly "hating" for claiming the obvious that he's clearly declined just like every other competitor/athlete will become after they exit the peak years of their designated sport/activity.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 16

Can someone please post some actual facts about hand-eye coordination declining by the age of 29?

I just think a lot of people are making assumptions and I keep seeing it when talking about 2gre. Sounds like horseshit.

Could be wrong though. Just trying to say It's not the reason 2gre isn't a Top 5 player.

Nothing to do with hand eye nonsense. Just when you get older other shit takes priority.

Dunno if anyone posted this but NV beat Liquid 10-3 tonight in scrims.

Liquid currently up 4-3 vs Enigma6

• Upvote (+1) 3

Oh really?

I have reality in my corner: he can't even make Elevate.  No Top 6 team wants him.  Every team that has ran with him has gone in another direction.  Its clearly not just about his internet.  I've blatantly heard Lethul and others state that he is declined in the nicest way possible. 

Your opinion is based off of nothing.  If he was worthy of a Top 6 team, he'd be on a Top 6 team.

Blind hatred? Its called objective analysis, something that is clearly not possible for those of you who romanticize these players for no apparent reason.  Get over it; your favourite player from 10 years ago cant hack it like he used to.  The man is ~30 years old and yet I'm supposedly "hating" for claiming the obvious that he's clearly declined just like every other competitor/athlete will become after they exit the peak years of their designated sport/activity.

I'd like the sources for your claim every team went a different direction based on his skill. There are many possible reasons those teams didn't work out. Maybe he decided to go a different direction? Maybe it really is his internet? Stop making assumptions. This is anything but objective.

Nothing to do with hand eye nonsense.

Exactly.

The game changes.  He's not playing Halo 2 anymore, for those of you still living in 2004.  The players change.  There are now players that are better than him.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Oh really?

We're still waiting for you to provide some kind of source on how 30 year olds have significantly reduced hand eye coordination when compared to mid 20 year olds.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Exactly.

The game changes.  He's not playing Halo 2 anymore, for those of you still living in 2004.  The players change.  There are now players that are better than him.

Also, for the record I do believe he has declined a bit and I have seen the posts from Lethul but this likely has a lot to do with him having more going on in life and not his mechanical abilities. I don't see how you can say he isn't good enough for top 8 though. 

Exactly.

He just doesn't play the game right. You're also assuming you know anything about his priorities, which is dumb.

It has 0 to do age, priorities, or hand eye for him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In no way am I saying 2gre is deserving of being on a top team just because who he is. I just think he still has the ability to be on a top team if he gave it his all.

I personally think he's just getting fatigued with the game and losing the drive to compete. His age is sort of a factor in that Halo is still on a bumpy road. Everything that's here now could all go away next year if 343 aren't happy with the numbers and we're back at square one. Halo is in no position to make a life long career out of right now and I could understand if school or a real career is taking priority over Halo.

Now, that's just all speculation on my part. I obviously can't speak for Tom or know what his life is like outside of Halo, but that's just what I feel like is going on.

It just urks me when people bring up the reaction time and shit because it's factually untrue.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We're still waiting for you to provide some kind of source on how 30 year olds have significantly reduced hand eye coordination when compared to mid 20 year olds.

I'm not using hand-eye coordination nonsense as an argument, so why would I provide you with shit?

It has nothing to do with "hand eye coordination".  He just isn't as good anymore.  Nor does his playstyle suit this game.

• Downvote (-1) 5

Exactly.

The game changes. He's not playing Halo 2 anymore, for those of you still living in 2004. The players change. There are now players that are better than him.

Fwiw he and str8 sick consistently had the best stats when i watched them

Um?????

Maybe you should stop calling others idiots when you can't even remember your own arguments.

Wish I could upvote this multiple times.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Um?????

Maybe you should stop calling others idiots when you can't even remember your own arguments.

Read that post again.  Slowly.

Every time I've talked about 2gre declining someone has to come in and give me some crap argument about hand eye coordination.  Hence my initial post above.  I've NEVER argued that his decline has anything to do with "hand eye coordination".  Its just some useless shit that you kids like to use to try and deny the obvious.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Oh, and the Daigo Uehara reference like clockwork.  How predictable.

Hey...this guy in a completely different genre of game that isn't even remotely similar is still doing it in his 30's! See! Thats all the proof you need!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Read that post again.  Slowly.

Every time I've talked about 2gre declining someone has to come in and give me some crap argument about hand eye coordination.  Hence my initial post above.  I've NEVER argued that his decline has anything to do with "hand eye coordination".  Its just some useless shit that you kids like to use to try and deny the obvious.

"Please come back and try to tell me some crap about hand eye coordination not declining."

This implies that you think it is crap that hand eye coordination doesn't decline as someone ages. 

You then go on to argue against the Daigo Uehara argument. Whatever it is you think, you're not making your arguments clear at all and you should slow the fuck down and quit insulting others before stating them. Even if you're 100% right, you're not automatically better than people who simply disagree with you.

"kids like you use to try and deny the obvious." No, I'm not denying anything except that hand eye coordination significantly dips in your 30s. I've made no defense of Ogre2 at all. I (and I assume others) agree that Ogre2 is not who he once was. How could you deny it? He got dropped from a top team and has not found a good team since. But, I don't believe his age in relation to hand eye coordination is why this happened.

• Upvote (+1) 4

pros are scared to critique ogre2. i actually want to know what they think about his h5 ability, but they always cop out and say 'toms a great guy" or " his halo knowledge is like huge" looks like ogre2 got replaced by nem on elevate. at least thats what eccentric is tweeting out. what is missing from 2gre's game?

an Internet connection :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Oh, and the Daigo Uehara reference like clockwork. How predictable.

Hey...this guy in a completely different genre of game that isn't even remotely similar is still doing it in his 30's! See! Thats all the proof you need!

You could easily argue that a fighting game requires more handeye coordination than an fps.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1