CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I can see it already,

OpTic Ace -----  "Sorry #GreenWall my video will be up late today I fell asleep"

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

CLG - Royal2, Lethul, Snakebite, Frosty

EG - Snipedown, Roy, LBX, Suspector

RNG - Penguin, Commonly, Ninja, VictoryX

CrP - Cratos, Shooter, Bubu Dubu, Huke

Optic - Flamesword, Maniac, Ace, Naded

TL? - APG, Spartan, Eco, Stellur

Denial - Contra, Predevonator, Ryanoob, Goofy

These are either confirmed or look likely.

Not sure how they stack up to Worlds rosters

NV is also confirmed. The rosters now compared to at worlds, in my opinion: 

Better: EG, RNG, Optic, nV 

-EG have higher potential with this squad I think, not because Suspector>Commonly, just a better fit for them. Suspector is super consistent, great slayer, they just have to grind and feel out an improved way to play--don't think their issues are personnel right now.

-RNG: Stellur and Spartan are obviously very very good, but the Ninja + Spartan potential tilt (and they'd often argue about decisions, per Spartan himself) and a more balanced lineup with Commonly directing traffic and Penguin, the man everyone wanted for his talent, makes this a dangerous, balanced squad.

-Optic: Arguably Flame and Maniac should be moved on to really create a better overall lineup, but if insistent on keeping that core duo, they did well with the open spots they had. Last few squads were kinda cobbled together, Last Chance team was rushed, Ace and Naded are very good at H5. Remains to be seen if they really can compete for top 6 or 4 with Maniac and Flame, but I think the roster is definitely better now. Have to practice a lot.

-NV: I don't have a very strong take on this one, I guess it's better overall. That depends on your thoughts on 2gre's current level, and Ola is playing a lot better now. Still, Rayne most likely an upgrade on Arkanum, and El Town is a good player and facilitator. Squad probably more balanced now.

Worse: Denial.

-Denial: Just don't think this roster is better than the one they had at all, and don't think the team with Ryanoob and Goofy can be as good as Bubu and Huke, who were already impressive while pretty new. At best a higher floor right now because of the veterans (that's debatable though too, most would probably say Bubu and Huke are better than those two), but a much lower ceiling.

TBD: Can't really make a call on Liquid yet and CP wasn't a team, but I think potentially better than former Liquid, maybe than Allegiance. A bit up and down so far from CP.

• Upvote (+1) 5

NV is also confirmed. The rosters now compared to at worlds, in my opinion: 

Better: EG, RNG, Optic, nV 

-EG have higher potential with this squad I think, not because Suspector>Commonly, just a better fit for them. Suspector is super consistent, great slayer, they just have to grind and feel out an improved way to play--don't think their issues are personnel right now.

I agree with everything you said except regarding EG, I don't think we have seen enough out of them to definitively say whether they are stronger or weaker than they were at world's. Remember they were tipped to be in the final's of the halo world championship by many pro's, casters, beyond members, etc. They simply didn't perform at worlds. So I think we need to wait a little bit longer with EG (and all squads if I am being honest) to see where they place in comparison to their competition. 

I.e for E.G to be better they have to put up a better fight against CLG, as they were the second best team prior to worlds, so until they scrim CLG it is very difficult to gauge their improvement. Especially when every other team they are scriming has also changed, meaning it is impossible to compare the performances of EG until they scrim CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with everything you said except regarding EG, I don't think we have seen enough out of them to definitively say whether they are stronger or weaker than they were at world's. Remember they were tipped to be in the final's of the halo world championship by many pro's, casters, beyond members, etc. They simply didn't perform at worlds. So I think we need to wait a little bit longer with EG (and all squads if I am being honest) to see where they place in comparison to their competition. 

Yeah, I think we'd agree it's down to execution and altering the way they play rather than the 4th, necessarily. Didn't show up at worlds and need to adjust, just think their lineup is a little better this way than it was.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can see it already,

OpTic Ace ----- "Sorry #GreenWall my video will be up late today I fell asleep"

Nooo my first accidental neg. I'll plus two posts to make up for it!

Edit: Done

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now that the team I will be rooting for is pretty much set in stone (aPG, Spartan, Stellur, UnLegit) I'm just waiting for Pro League like everyone else. Let's get this show on the road 343.

I want to post the other end of the spectrum for "Online to LAN - __ Improvement", but I can't think of a way to put it in a non-negative light. Any suggestions?

Online vs LAN discrepancy?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm worried Naded is going to be teamless pretty quick. I can't see him staying with maniac and flame for long. But for the time being, does anyone have a link to an OG sig?

I'm worried Naded is going to be teamless pretty quick. I can't see him staying with maniac and flame for long. But for the time being, does anyone have a link to an OG sig?

One of the main reasons he joined OpTic was to have a consistent core team... Soooo....

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Let" him walk away? He chose Nade over him because he chose an awful way to get H3cz to let him make another team under OpTic without Nade. He said no on principle and scump left. Plz learn

He was oblivious to infighting in his own house when he could have stepped in much earlier; instead he let arguably the best player in the game walk away over nothing.  He chose Nade because Nade has always been his golden cash-cow; he let Nade (an inferior player) run that roster as he saw fit for years, it ultimately took Nade stepping down on his own to get him off the team.  If the shoe was on the other foot, do you think he lets Nade walk away LOL? Scump may have been childish (...he was a child), but Hecz in general is oblivious to the competitive drive of some of these players.

He didn't handle the situation well at all.  Just like he didn't handle the situation well when they kicked Merk off the team and then released a video wherein they claimed that he was "depressed".

New Game of Thrones trailer, New Intel, and possible Pro League info? 

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

Spoiler for game of thrones, one or two of your favorite characters will die, and you'll walk away angry only to return again next season.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Spoiler for game of thrones, one or two of your favorite characters will die, and you'll walk away angry only to return again next season.

If fucking Tyrian dies I am done with the show.

maybe

• Upvote (+1) 3

One of the main reasons he joined OpTic was to have a consistent core team... Soooo....

I know he said that, but watching naded for the last 2 years, he is not the kind of person that is going to put up with a shitty team.

Let's be real for a minute, the only reason to watch Game of Thrones now is for Emilia Clarke and Dragons. 

On topic, I am quite excited to see how some of these scrims turn now out that teams are beginning to form. Maybe take this as a hint 343 and release some intel?

You know nothing.