CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

naded and maniac have both said their roster would be finalized by sunday, so you would think that's because of some actual reason (pro league?) and not some random deadline they set for themselves, but who knows

Edit: back to premium master race again  :weback:

thats what i'm thinking too, also welcome back bra  :fire:  :fire:  :cash:  :prayers:  :dank:  :weback:  :rekt:

CoD league did it right to maintain hype

Even on break, they still have tourneys around the world to keep people interested. It was fun watching OpTic play last night.

^this

343 didn't maintain the hype, imo they should have announced dates at worlds, that would of been the best time to inform the most amount of people 

Ryanoob/Goofy + Contra/Dev 9-3-1ed Aries/TireIron/Assault/FiS

Then vs. Optic w/ Cloud:

Truth CTF: 3-1

Regret TS: 50-49

Plaza SH: 82-100

Fathom CTF: 3-1

Rig TS: 46-50

Coliseum CTF: 0-3

Truth TS: 44-50

Empire SH: 93-100

Plaza TS: 50-39

Eden SH: 66-100

Coliseum TS: 50-49

Rig SH: 100-32

Eden TS: 50-29

WFX/Denial wins 7-6 over Optic. But that's very promising for OpTic - I thought it'd be a blowout.

LZGdiwp.png

• Upvote (+1) 9

So is OpTic is all but confirmed Maniac, FS, Naded and Ace?

Maniac, FS and Naded confirmed. Ace not.

I think it is between Ace, Spartan and Stellur (who may have better options themselves) or arguably a level below that Assault/Cloud.

I can always count on the forums to catch me up on what I missed. You guys are awesome keep it up!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Cloud played really well for optic yesterday, his stats are pretty good too, maniac is struggling still.

Someone in Ace's chat asked him who the funniest pro was in real life. He said Totz, then said Walshy is funny most of the time... Uhhh, Ace, how long you been asleep bro?

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

12-1 CLG > nV

GAME 1 CTF TRUTH 3 – 1 CLG

GAME 2 SLAYER PLAZA 50-47 CLG

GAME 3 STRONGHOLDS EDEN 100-21 CLG

GAME 4 CTF FATHOM 3-1 CLG

GAME 5 SLAYER REGRET 50-39 CLG

GAME 6 STRONGHOLDS THE RIG 100-64 CLG

GAME 7 SLAYER TRUTH 50-41 CLG

GAME 8 CTF COLISEUM 3 -1 CLG

GAME 9 STRONGHOLDS PLAZA 100-81 CLG

GAME 10 SLAYER EDEN 50-48

GAME 11 STRONGHOLDS EMPURE 100-56 CLG

GAME 12 SLAYER THE RIG 50-43 CLG

GAME 13 SLAYER COLISEUM 50 – 29 nV

6mNVPWp.png

0 total controls in 4 strongholds games....

• Upvote (+1) 3

Cloud played really well for optic yesterday, his stats are pretty good too, maniac is struggling still.

kinda but he's been getting a lot better.

you can just tell by watching that he looks more comfortable (as compared with just a few days ago).

for the first time in all my years of watching and participating in the professional Halo scene, I am seeing content from a lot of pros lately. I am quite happy about this. Keep it up. It's so important

• Upvote (+1) 5

-Denial/Wfx vs Optic stats-

You have two Contras in the kills/assists/deaths part

I wasn't able to catch that many games in this series but going by these stats it looks like Cloud was killing it. Only one on Optic to go positive (granted Naded basically broke even) and had by far the most assists. Should be interesting who Optic decides on for their fourth.

Contra/Devon + Gooby/Ryanoob will probably try out different players in the coming days since everyone is trying out every possible team option. But I really hope that they choose this squad in the end because I think it has a good amount of potential.   

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shotty really shouldn't be tower 1.

I personally think they should be outside, but thats just me

This triggered me

You have a problem, bro? Luthlet is stunning and brave. I'd even date Luthlet, bro. Are you trying to oppress minority groups, bro?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For me personally it was a mix of persistance and good luck. Got my break when someone was ill at a UK event and I drove up last minute and went from there. I had made everyone who needed to be made aware that I wanted to do it, and made sure when the opportunity arose that I was as prepared as I possibly could be to do the best job I could. I was also well known from my playing days in the EU community so had support of both players and staff alike. Attend events, network and ask everyone you can for their input and help where you can.

However if you are starting from scratch which I assume you are, then you have to create a prescene online and most importantly get your face AND VOICE out there. Id suggest making some youtube videos so you get used to being in front of a camera, and comfortable with how to speak in a room on your own with the enthusiasm that Halo and anyone watching deserves. Be confident in your abilities, and if you do get any oppurtunities for example make yourself available for online tournamanets, however small or big, grab them with both hands. If you are serious about casting, you need to make consistent content and make people aware of what you do and who you are for them to take notice. This is something now Im finally back home that im going to be looking to do and all suggestions on content etc are welcome. Let me know what you want to see!

Also if you have streaming capabilities, casting over some gameplay woud be a good start to interact with the community and get feedback on what you need to improve on.

The most important thing as with anything in life is to be persistant, and be prepared to be knocked back time and time again. Just keep striving for self improvement and become the best you can. Always take critisism and positive feedback on board. I always ask for feedback whenever I have casted, as its what enables you to improve consistently. Also watch other casters, from other games not just halo and pick up and mannerisms you like and add them to your own portfolio.

Most importantly have fun with it! IMO there is nothing less entertaining for a viewer than someone who isnt into the game just as much as they are!

Hope this helps a bit!

Thanks :)  I have been making YouTube videos for about 2 years (not casting) so I'm a bit more acclimated to being in front a camera than most when they start.  That being said, it was never a thought that people would be interested in watching someone cast themselves casting over various matches.  I suppose scrims would be the best place to start??  Thanks again! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

edit RIP. first misquote tyvm

edit: perfect time for new emote :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj:

Spontaneously made this late last night hoping it'll hold some of you over until actual  :intel: drops.

Hope you enjoy!

What's the song? 

What's the song? 

I'll put it in the description my bad.

Across the Ocean - Our Last Night

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What will come first, Optic's 4th announcement or Pro League details?

Find out not 'the end of this week' or 'by Sunday'.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2