CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What scrims are the forums setting up for tonight? :)

nV vs Optic, RNG vs CLG, and EG vs CP please.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haha sucks for now

Just wondering who people regard as the best players and what the best handpicked team would be?

Clearly CLG are the best but I think there's a team of 4 from other teams combined, assuming good teamwork, that could comfrotably beat them

I actually don't think there is a group of 4 that could beat CLG at this current point in H5s life. They are all just so dominate as individual players. Both online & obviously at events. The team is oozing confidence, and theres no signs of them slowing down or being caught team ability wise by anyone else. They are just to good right now. I think everyone else, is just playing for 2nd. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here is a definition from wikipedia:

In team sportscaptain is a title given to a member of the team. The title is frequently honorary, but in some cases the captain may have significant responsibility for strategy and teamwork while the game is in progress on the field.

so basically Ogre2 called the strats ingame in old CLG ??. I think that is the biggest difference then 

Even though being "captain" only means you are the one who looks for emails...I've had it since h2a when we replaced Richie. There aren't seeds currently I assume so captain roles are irrelevant. 

Also: Idk where this thought really comes from in halo, but i'll say from my experience one player has never been the one who comes up with strats over other players. Everyone just says their opinion and you work from there. The whole captain thing is pretty over hyped. 

have my upvote for being the most mellow professional

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Talked to some xbl support reps, refuse to give out any free time for dealing with this WEEKLY bullshit. MS has really done awful in every way this generation.

Talking to Xbox Support isn't going to get you 5 hours of membership.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even though being "captain" only means you are the one who looks for emails...I've had it since h2a when we replaced Richie. There aren't seeds currently I assume so captain roles are irrelevant. 

Also: Idk where this thought really comes from in halo, but i'll say from my experience one player has never been the one who comes up with strats over other players. Everyone just says their opinion and you work from there. The whole captain thing is pretty over hyped. 

Did MLG start it? when u sign up as team did you have to state who the cpt was back then?

Talking to Xbox Support isn't going to get you 5 hours of membership.

To be fair, this happens every few days. Not really sure what "compensation" they would even give, I would rather they just give the server admins a pay raise to fix the problems.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I actually don't think there is a group of 4 that could beat CLG at this current point in H5s life. They are all just so dominate as individual players. Both online & obviously at events. The team is oozing confidence, and theres no signs of them slowing down or being caught team ability wise by anyone else. They are just to good right now. I think everyone else, is just playing for 2nd. 

Maybe Snipedown, Suspector, Commonly, Penguin, but then it's a relatively inexperienced squad compared to CLG.

Edit: The main difference for me is that CLG has excellent communication, and the rest of the teams don't have even good communication compared to them. Also, compare how both CLG & EG try to improve as well. After a game I'll notice someone from CLG say 'We did this, but instead we need to do this'. EG, however, is 'You did this...' and before they finish its an argument that nearly leaks into the next game, completely overlooking anything else important that took place. 

Lastly CLG makes small adjustments to their 'strategy' (idk if that exact term is applicable here) mid-game. Someone might say 'hey instead of doing this lets do that' and then that adjustment carries over into how they will play that same game-type next time around. EG might do it as well but CLG does it on such a level that is phenomenal... not only are they talented, they are always making marginal improvements while destroying teams lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Edit: oh, guess I don't have access to the cash one, joke removed.

Anyway, I'm not sure we can pick a better team to beat them. Probably is SOME combination, but it'd rely so much on chemistry once it forms that we might not even know who it is right now, if it does exist. As far as best players generally, probably the debate would be between Royal 2 and Frosty.

I went to the HWC but didn't really get a chance to talk to many people involved.  I'm probably going to be at EGLX Toronto at the end of the month so I'll try to talk to someone there. 

be active here, and on all social media, and just be a nice person with your own opinion and the facts and deep statistics to back it up. There are good scrims every night so cast a few games of those and upload for reference material. 

edit: trying to get into casting as well and these things have helped me get my foot in the door =)

nV vs Optic, RNG vs CLG, and EG vs CP please.

i think cp broke up =(

I think it is very smart on every team's part to keep playing with different players. There is literally no rush right now to form a team (unless you have been dominating) since there is no info. Certain players may mesh better with others, and you shouldn't want to rush into something if it isn't the perfect fit. 

i think cp broke up =(

That'd be lame seeing how well they did against RNG the other night. Must have some chemistry issues?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

To make up for XBL issues, here are some new smileys

:prayers: :cash: :fire: :dank: :mj: :poop: :smiley: :sunglasses: :wink: :laugh: :angry: :sad: :whoa::huh::thinking::stern::flip::tongue::tear: :crying: :sleeping: :hearts: :dead::eyes:

10/10 for having my fav emoji ever  :flip:

Haven't been on here in a week. What are the most important information mcnuggets I've missed?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Haven't been on here in a week. What are the most important information mcnuggets I've missed?

nV is confirmed as eL Town, Pistola, Rayne, and Mikwen. Optic picked up Naded, looking for a 4th. RNG is likely Commonly, Ninja, Penguin, and Victory X.

• Upvote (+1) 1