CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sorry this is OT but does anyone have any knowledge about how to get into casting?  I've tried contacting a bunch of people (the obvious) but got no response as expected.  

Just curious as to what you think Assault can bring that Ace can't?

IMO, the grind.  Assault is champ 1 rn, ace sleeps a lot.  That's not exactly a fair comparison and its less of an extreme difference than that, but the last thing optic needs is someone who doesn't motive people to play a lot.  They are trying to catch up, and for some reason, even though they are trying to catch up, they still didnt play after regionals.  So now they are even less caught up than they could be.  Basically anyone who played after regionals will help the team, but there are just varying degrees in how much each player will help, and because of assaults apparent drive to grind, i would say he would help the most as their biggest weakness is grinding.

that being said, when the time comes and they have a team optic has shown they can play a lot, its just hard to catch up when the rest of the team are also progressing

• Upvote (+1) 1

i feel like the conundrum here is that both Liquid and OG are better with Spartan, so it will likely be up to him.

Liquid is obviously safer a choice for him (in terms of placing well), but I honestly think he could make OG a T6 team.

OG with ace/stellur just feels like a regression to me, although it'd obviously be 10x better than their regionals team.

plz go to OG #opticpuppy

Liquid as it is with Spartan has a lot more potential than Optic with Spartan. I have no sympathy for Optic because how they are managing the team, how they put themselves in their position at LCQ, and how Maniac and Flame are STILL behind the rest in terms of skill when they have had all this time to catch up. This is when I get annoyed at the constant posts about finding two players to carry Optic. This isn't directly said, but you won't miss it if you read between the lines.

Clearly, the judgment call was to have Flame & Maniac find two players to build around long term. I have trouble agreeing with this. You can still do this, but why not blow up the unsuccessful roster you had, find a veteran (Naded) and get some young talent who are a lot more HUNGRIER for tournament wins (not just qualifying) and SKILLED than the two mainstays of the team. Players like Unlegit, Spartan, Stellur, Nemassist, and Jimbo have a lot of promise, and I'm sure there are many available F/A's I missed. 

Edit: Preparing myself for the loads of neg-rep, but this is how I honestly feel...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sorry this is OT but does anyone have any knowledge about how to get into casting?  I've tried contacting a bunch of people (the obvious) but got no response as expected.  

@@TheSimms

IMO, the grind.  Assault is champ 1 rn,

Fair point about the grinding but they just picked up Naded partially for that i believe. IMO Ace is much more of a slayer than Assault is, and Optic NEEDS another slayer. I don't think Ace is the best fit for Optic though. That would definitely go to Spartan/Stellur.

My guess is you have to apply to ESL or MLG directly. It would probably be best if you started off small to put yourself on the map. Like apply for a charity event or something (gamers for giving and the likes)

I imagine it is extremelly hard if you dont have a name made in the scene, so making content or doing something to get your name out there would help. So when you apply you can have abit of substance to work with.

@@GoldenboyFTW @@Wonderboy @@Onset @@TheSimms might help you

• Upvote (+1) 2

My guess is you have to apply to ESL or MLG directly. It would probably be best if you started off small to put yourself on the map. Like apply for a charity event or something (gamers for giving and the likes)

I imagine it is extremelly hard if you dont have a name made in the scene, so making content or doing something to get your name out there would help. So when you apply you can have abit of substance to work with.

@@GoldenboyFTW @@Wonderboy @@Onset @@TheSimms might help you

Thanks.  Been making content on YouTube for about 2.5 years roughly (not that big but I'm comfortable on a mic) and every time I try to contact various events and what not I either never get a reply or they aren't interested.  I'm not expecting a miracle but I'm definitely missing something. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks.  Been making content on YouTube for about 2.5 years roughly (not that big but I'm comfortable on a mic) and every time I try to contact various events and what not I either never get a reply or they aren't interested.  I'm not expecting a miracle but I'm definitely missing something. 

Maybe even offer to do the work for free to get yourself in. I presume you are passionate so even attending an event would cool, working and making a name for yourself will be a bonus

Thanks. Been making content on YouTube for about 2.5 years roughly (not that big but I'm comfortable on a mic) and every time I try to contact various events and what not I either never get a reply or they aren't interested. I'm not expecting a miracle but I'm definitely missing something.

Start shoutcasting scrims and some of the beyond tourneys. Upload to youtube. Send clips to other casters. Get in their streams and ask for advice. @@GoldenboyFTW is great with answering queations in his stream, although im pretty sure he says hes the worst for asking about getting into casting.

Maybe even offer to do the work for free to get yourself in. I presume you are passionate so even attending an event would cool, working and making a name for yourself will be a bonus

I went to the HWC but didn't really get a chance to talk to many people involved.  I'm probably going to be at EGLX Toronto at the end of the month so I'll try to talk to someone there. 

Start shoutcasting scrims and some of the beyond tourneys. Upload to youtube. Send clips to other casters. Get in their streams and ask for advice. @@GoldenboyFTW is great with answering queations in his stream, although im pretty sure he says hes the worst for asking about getting into casting.

I try to follow this thread everyday, and I'm still lost. Is everyone (besides CLG and Optic) on the same team at this point?

I try to follow this thread everyday, and I'm still lost. Is everyone (besides CLG and Optic) on the same team at this point?

RNG - Ninja, commonly, Penguin, Victory X

EG - Snipedown, Roy, LBX, Suspector

nV - Ola, Mikwen, Rayne, El town

CrP - Bubu Dubu, Huke, Cratos, Shooter

All the unofficial yet may as well be official squads right? I probably missed something

• Upvote (+1) 5

Is that a confirmed team?

RNG - Ninja, commonly, Penguin, Victory X

EG - Snipedown, Roy, LBX, Suspector

nV - Ola, Mikwen, Rayne, El town

All the unofficial yet may as well be official squads right? I probably missed something

What about the 2grevate team I keep hearing about?

does anyone know if there is a way to play matchmaking rn?

Load up MCC :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

What the 2grevate team I keep hearing about?

Str8 Sick, 2gre, Swift Kill, and Arkanum

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is that a confirmed team?

No running with other teams as of now gonna decide by Friday
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Is bubu sticking with huke for sure?

So many F/A's here is a list of some of the more notable ones, just to name a few:

Spartan

Assault

Heinz

Cloud

Hysteria

Calm

Swift Kill

Randa

Tsquared

Fear itself

Nemassist

Aries

Prototype

Lifestyle

Goofy

RyanNoob

Chaser

Cratos

Bubu Dubu

Huke

Shooter

Munoz

Suddoth Twins

Str8 Sick

2gre

Danoxide

• Upvote (+1) 2

No rush, but hurry the fuck up so we can read that spotlight that Fletch worked so hard on!

So many F/A's here is a list of some of the more notable ones, just to name a few:

Spartan

Assault

Heinz

Cloud

Hysteria

Calm

Swift Kill

Randa

Tsquared

Fear itself

Nemassist

Aries

Prototype

Lifestyle

Goofy

RyanNoob

Chaser

Cratos

Bubu Dubu

Huke

Shooter

Munoz

Suddoth Twins

Str8 Sick

2gre

Danoxide

Really excited to see where T2 and Fear land. Maybe they'll team together? Who knows.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idk if there is a AM HCS thread, but if there is can you please link it to me I cannot find it. I need to post TiZoXiC_02 and _Blaze are a team of two in the "unnotable section" if you can please help it would be much appreciated. Looking for players like FlyingKick1 and homIE g. Thanks

• Upvote (+1) 8