CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Who won the RNG vs CP scrim last night? Also I'm glad EG did well against Liquid.

Online to LAN - K/D Improvement

Top_25_Online_to_LAN_KD.png

Just missing the cut:

26. Lifestyle - 0.011

27. Spartan - 0.003

28. Flamesword - 0.002

29. Rayne - 0.003

30. Contra - 0.007

Wow, Maniac the real LAN god. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just missing the cut:

26. Lifestyle - 0.011

27. Spartan - 0.003

28. Flamesword - 0.002

29. Rayne - 0.003

30. Contra - 0.007

Flamesword online warrior confirmed   :kappa:

Give em credit for once, people putting eg at "4-5" now just beat a team that was typically (with the same core 3) at 4-5 in commanding fashion. I'm just using your rule of "core of 3" against you.

I think we may have misunderstood each other, I am not saying EG didn't play well, I am just saying beating liquid should not be portrayed as a serious accomplishment especially when liquid don't have a confirmed fourth. In particularly when LIQUIDS CORE THREE have yet to place top 4 at an event (unlike EG), that is all I was saying, In a round about way I was praising EG, saying they are above Liquid but for some reason you took offense to that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just put up the links to Commonly's POV of the RNG vs Crowd Pleasers scrim from last night on r/prohalovods in case anyone missed the games.

Here's the link

On another note, does anyone know if the arkanum/str8sick/2gre/swiftkill team has a name they'd fall under? I was going to upload the vods of that scrim from Naded's POV but then realized I don't know what to call them. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

As a somewhat new lurker and doesn't have a dog in the fight so to speak. I will admit there does seem to be a lot of EG hate recently. Have they done something to piss off the community?

They stopped winning.

Crowd pleasers has been grinding for fairly long together no? Didn't liquid almost beat them? Clearly they're a good core. Regardless of the 4th. They have an innate skill level that's pretty high. And it's not always scores or numbers of games won, EG just looked so damn good last night. Coli flag ended in 3 mins, for example.

CP been together like 5 days. And Liquid still has the core 3 they've had for months, just trying out new fourths. Spartan fit better with liquid but I think thats because he brings more to a team than stellur. Even looked better with spartan on optic.

CP been together like 5 days. And Liquid still has the core 3 they've had for months, just trying out new fourths. Spartan fit better with liquid but I think thats because he brings more to a team than stellur. Even looked better with spartan on optic.

I agree, both teams looked better with Spartan. He has some tough decisions to make.

Just missing the cut:

26. Lifestyle - 0.011

27. Spartan - 0.003

28. Flamesword - 0.002

29. Rayne - 0.003

30. Contra - 0.007

To think 3 of the top 15 were three Optic players at one point: Assault, Stellur and Maniac.

I am still under the belief that if that team stayed together they would be top 8.

Oh well, I also really enjoy Naded on Optic.

Was Spartan drunk last night during the scrims?

As a somewhat new lurker and doesn't have a dog in the fight so to speak. I will admit there does seem to be a lot of EG hate recently. Have they done something to piss off the community?

From what I could tell they were the clear #2 going into worlds, with a very good record against all the other non-CLG teams, they had 1 bad series against RNG, got smoked by CLG like everyone else, now suddenly they are trash.

Can someone help this pleeb understand why the community is so down on them, or is it the vocal minority speaking?

Carification:

By hate I mean, mock/discredit their success and highlight their issues and failures

This forum seems to have a lot more outspoken RNG fans than EG fans imo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think we may have misunderstood each other, I am not saying EG didn't play well, I am just saying beating liquid should not be portrayed as a serious accomplishment especially when liquid don't have a confirmed fourth. In particularly when LIQUIDS CORE THREE have yet to place top 4 at an event (unlike EG), that is all I was saying, In a round about way I was praising EG, saying they are above Liquid but for some reason you took offense to that.

Liquid was also 18-0 vs. every other team not named Denial. Denial eliminated them twice in bracket stage in a game 5, so don't let liquids 5-8 deceive you. I think if EG, Denial, or Liquid were on the other side of the bracket any of those 3 would've most likely placed 2nd.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Was watching Liquid play Mmmm Joe's squad last night and I saw them trade a few games and tie a CTF. Strongholds plaza was ALMOST a 100-0 game in Joe's favor, but their squad did lose some slayers by a large margin. One game joe's team got steaked but he still went positive.

This kid is unreal. Surely to get on a top team this year despite taking such a big break from last year.

I guess no one else wants to team with him. 2gre's whole team is super weak. Like I said before, it looks like he's entering the 2010-2011 Walshy stage of his career.

str8 sick is really good. swift kill did just get top4 at worlds. I would like a better 4th, but it's not like the team is awful.

they're not getting close to top4 though.

To think 3 of the top 15 were three Optic players at one point: Assault, Stellur and Maniac.

I am still under the belief that if that team stayed together they would be top 8.

Oh well, I also really enjoy Naded on Optic.

Was Spartan drunk last night during the scrims?

Nah he wasn't, after his drunk stream he napped for a couple hours before scrims to sober up.

Hi everyone, longtime lurker, first time poster. I haven't caught up all the way on this thread, so I might be late or beaten to the punch. I think Penguin's name should be Oswald Cobblepot.

CfeT0bt.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

On another note, does anyone know if the arkanum/str8sick/2gre/swiftkill team has a name they'd fall under? I was going to upload the vods of that scrim from Naded's POV but then realized I don't know what to call them. 

str8 sick said they're not an official team yet

They picked up two last minute players and made it to regionals and yeah Naded was on a top 2 team and was voted as the mvp. I hate posts like yours because you are just that kid that didn't think optic would win the LCQ, that kid that didn't think that allegiance would make it top 2 and probably blew a fuse when someone from allegiance did get the mvp. You see the pattern here? Everything you thought to be right ended up wrong lol but hey keep thinking.

Lmao, what on earth are you talking about? I thought there was a decent chance that Optic would win the LCQ and I had Allegiance at 3/4th in my predictions.  Naded played awful vs CLG in finals, the reason he won "MVP" was because it was decided by a twitter poll.  

Regardless of having a "core 3" on a team, one player can make an insane difference.

Ace has decided he wants to run games with OpTic

The intel bomb you dropped in chat last night was true.  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ace back to OpTic  :apg:

Spartan back on Liquid?  :walshy:

Stellur all over the place  :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's crazy how 3 players on such a brand new organization as Allegiance landed on some top organizations such as nV,Optic, and EG