CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wasp beating snakebite and active in viewers hmmm

ATy84g1.png

Colour me surprised that it didn't last long.

I checked it out as soon as he posted and snakebite already passed him. I was looking forward to seeing these guys outside of Warzone but looks like the best I'll see is Multi-Team. Gotta say it's a pretty shitty stream and I don't know why I bothered. Maybe this guy is having a bad day but he's so mad about every little thing and complains all the time. No wonder his viewer count dropped down to 40 as soon as he started playing. I don't know enough about viewbots but I have no idea how he had that many people watching in the first place.

Crowd pleasers has been grinding for fairly long eh? Didn't liquid almost beat them? Clearly they're a good core. Regardless of the 4th.

And it's not always scores or numbers of games won, they just look so damn good last night. Coli flag ended in 3 mins, for example.

So you expect 3 core players with a random fourth to be able to compete against a set team?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So you expect 3 core players with a random fourth to be able to compete against a set team?

Just a few days ago EG was trash and needed to change rosters and now we shouldn't expect anybody to compete with them? How is that thought process the same when a new team in RNG was proclaimed "1st or 2nd best" after a single night of scrims? Bit hypocritical no? Those three with stellur, SHOULD be a bit better than what we saw last night... Unless EG was just playing really good, and they were.
  • Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How much are style matchups a factor in top level Halo? In other sports, for example, you can rarely say "Team A beat Team B and Team B beat Team C, so Team A should beat Team C" because of style matchups. Does the same apply to Halo? Is there even enough stylistic variance for unique team play-styles to emerge?

It seems that lately there really isn't a whole lot of stylistic differences between teams due to pretty much everyone trying to adapt to the meta that CLG created.

This game is about rotations, agressively pushing every advantage, and really just making it a numbers game in your favor. Watching Tower during his streams pretty much clarifies that all the top teams are trying to adapt this way.

The aggressiveness of this game is why RNG beat EG at Worlds, and the teams know it. Denial was equally aggressive against CLG in slayers and were able to take a game that way.

Edit: Redaction what I said about Denial and slayers. NavG pointed out that I was wrong, and I was. Still, I stand by everything else.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It seems that lately there really isn't a whole lot of stylistic differences between teams due to pretty much everyone trying to adapt to the meta that CLG created.

This game is about rotations, agressively pushing every advantage, and really just making it a numbers game in your favor. Watching Tower during his streams pretty much clarifies that all the top teams are trying to adapt this way.

The aggressiveness of this game is why RNG beat EG at Worlds, and the teams know it. Denial was equally aggressive against CLG in slayers and were able to take a game that way.

One of the slayers that Denial took was on Eden after they didn't push while they had a small lead. The game ended with ~35 kills on each team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

krick3n (WHO?) used to viewbot his channel to 1k viewers, lmao

He was super obvious about it too, he didn't even have a webcam and he somehow has 1k viewers? Please.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

One of the slayers that Denial took was on Eden after they didn't push while they had a small lead. The game ended with ~35 kills on each team.

You know, you're damn right. I don't even know where I got that from. Don't I look the fool? lol

@@VinFTW

When did I say EG were thrash, When did I say RNG were the second best team (wow they won a couple of scrims) EG's core three were a part of a top 3 team before the world championship where they UNDER-PREFORMED.

Liquid was not considered a serious contender really and placed roughly where they were expected to give or take a round, EG was expected to be in the final. Then they pick up Suspector who was considered to be one of the strongest players in halo 5, and have had three weeks to sort out roles, starting strategies and build chemistry. Liquid has not had that same opportunity which means they are at a disadvantage (Obviously) which then means EG is expected to win. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I checked it out as soon as he posted and snakebite already passed him. I was looking forward to seeing these guys outside of Warzone but looks like the best I'll see is Multi-Team. Gotta say it's a pretty shitty stream and I don't know why I bothered. Maybe this guy is having a bad day but he's so mad about every little thing and complains all the time. No wonder his viewer count dropped down to 40 as soon as he started playing. I don't know enough about viewbots but I have no idea how he had that many people watching in the first place.

When I was there he had over 300 and there was less than 8 people talking, pretty obvious bot attempt considering ive seen him over 40 viewers maybe twice. And thats just normal Wasp.

I've seen more than 5 people viewbotting in the last 2 days alone. It took Krik3n what an entire month of botting 900 people to get banned? (he might of just stopped).

OT but just wanted to thank you for always streaming old Halo tourneys. They were the light in the dark during the time between H2A and H5.

Anytime man, glad you enjoy/enjoyed it!

• Upvote (+1) 4

When I was there he had over 300 and there was less than 8 people talking, pretty obvious bot attempt considering ive seen him over 40 viewers maybe twice. And thats just normal Wasp.

OT but just wanted to thank you for always streaming old Halo tourneys. They were the light in the dark during the time between H2A and H5.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've seen more than 5 people viewbotting in the last 2 days alone. It took Krik3n what an entire month of botting 900 people to get banned? (he might of just stopped).

Anytime man, glad you enjoy/enjoyed it!

That channel was either banned or he deleted it.  Probably banned. 

Just a few days ago EG was trash and needed to change rosters and now we shouldn't expect anybody to compete with them? How is that thought process the same when a new team in RNG was proclaimed "1st or 2nd best" after a single night of scrims? Bit hypocritical no? Those three with stellur, SHOULD be a bit better than what we saw last night... Unless EG was just playing really good, and they were.

Come on now Vin get with the program. In this thread you're only supposed to bring up EG when they're doing bad so you can call them washed and claim that they need to break up. How dare you say anything positive about them.  

Let's get back to the important discussion here and talk about how good RNG is. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@VinFTW

When did I say EG were thrash, When did I say RNG were the second best team (wow they won a couple of scrims) EG's core three were a part of a top 3 team before the world championship where they UNDER-PREFORMED.

Liquid was not considered a serious contender really and placed roughly where they were expected to give or take a round, EG was expected to be in the final. Then they pick up Suspector who was considered to be one of the strongest players in halo 5, and have had three weeks to sort out roles, starting strategies and build chemistry. Liquid has not had that same opportunity which means they are at a disadvantage (Obviously) which then means EG is expected to win.

Uhhh, liquid not a serious contender? They were considered top 4, and one of the better teams at worlds. They choked. I even remember Lethul saying they were good as well, and sharing this sentiment or close to it.

Who was on that liquid roster? Ace, apg, unlegit... The core 3.

Come on now Vin get with the program. In this thread you're only supposed to bring up EG when they're doing bad so you can call them washed and claim that they need to break up. How dare you say anything positive about them.

Let's get back to the important discussion here and talk about how good RNG is.

Shit man, I forgot :/
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Uhhh, liquid not a serious contender? They were considered top 4, and one of the better teams at worlds. They choked. I even remember Lethul saying they were good as well, and sharing this sentiment or close to it.

Who was on that liquid roster? Ace, apg, unlegit... The core 3.

Shit man, I forgot :/

Really? top 4?, when did they show that potential because they have not placed top 4 at a single event yet. (feel free to check)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Really? top 4?, when did they show that potential because they have not placed top 4 at a single event yet. (feel free to check)

CLG, denial, eg, liquid, with RNG probably at 5. Especially after Liquid 3-0d RNG at regionals and doing really well against denial.

CLG, denial, eg, liquid, with RNG probably at 5. Especially after Liquid 3-0d RNG at regionals.

Did you consider liquid ahead of allegiance?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

wGgaEhr.png

(spartan vs frosty should be 0)

i did stats for the series, and this time i did head 2 head instead of straight K/D (because it was faster, also why not try something new)

Been lurking for a while. Figured I'd make an account and my first post to say how I think these are some really good stats. We see KDs so often but I really like seeing objective stats too. Gives you a better picture of who does what on a team. Even though naded was dropping bigger neg bombs than I expected you can see why to some degree because he was doing so much work in strongholds games to cap points. He was capping nearly twice as many strongholds as anybody else on the team which obviously leads to more deaths as he's being aggressive. Royal 2's stats are interesting too, you can really see how much of a main slayer he his from the big KDs and the extremely low objective play relative to the rest of his team. You can also see how fantastic Frosty is at stronghold and how great Snakebite is at flag objective play.

I'd definitely like to see more of these kind of results after scrims as you get a better idea about how valuable someone was to their team from seeing objective stats alongside the KDs.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Did you consider liquid ahead of allegiance?

If I had to realistically number the teams before worlds, I'd go:

CLG

Eg

Denial

Liquid

RNG

Allegiance

And yes liquid over allegiance, liquid made quick work of them at worlds with the hot 3-0

If I had to realistically number the teams before worlds, I'd go:

CLG

Eg

Denial

Liquid

RNG

Allegiance

And yes liquid over allegiance, liquid made quick work of them at worlds with the hot 3-0

At the same event, renegades beat EG, but no one in their right mind would say Renegades was a better team than EG, EG just played poorly for that specific series.

At the same event renegades beat EG, but no one in their right mind would say Renegades was a better team than EG, EG just played poorly.

What? What are we even talking about anymore? Those are pre worlds rankings.

Look, bottom line, EG played good last night, get over it.

Give em credit for once, people putting eg at "4-5" now just beat a team that was typically (with the same core 3) at 4-5 in commanding fashion. I'm just using your rule of "core of 3" against you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The cracks had begun to show in ALG more and more leading up to Worlds though, I don't think it's crazy to rank Liquid above them at that point, who were on a big upturn. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

As a somewhat new lurker and doesn't have a dog in the fight so to speak. I will admit there does seem to be a lot of EG hate recently. Have they done something to piss off the community?

From what I could tell they were the clear #2 going into worlds, with a very good record against all the other non-CLG teams, they had 1 bad series against RNG, got smoked by CLG like everyone else, now suddenly they are trash.

Can someone help this pleeb understand why the community is so down on them, or is it the vocal minority speaking?

Carification:
By hate I mean, mock/discredit their success and highlight their issues and failures

• Upvote (+1) 9