CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Nah. Hello Games/No Man's Sky takes the cake there.

My most anticipated game of the year :simms:

Been waiting for years.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hoooly shit, this is one of my favorite GIFs from Team Beyond. Remember watching this live as a young lad.  :simms:

Lowkey, all the references to the 2007 Pats in here..

R8z2NBS.gif

How do I embed, memelords? :x

i gotcha

Nah. Hello Games/No Man's Sky takes the cake there.

SUUUUUUUPER Hyped for that game!

• Upvote (+1) 2

The meteor traveled towards Earth at unstoppable speeds. It would make impact very soon now.

Lifeboats had long been departing the planet for the colony on Mars, humanity's only hope. Josh felt blessed. As a simple analyst for 343, he and his wife had access to a lifeboat thanks to the generosity of the unrivaled Bill Gates. All Microsoft employees and their families did. Josh was unsure how he felt about living where he worked once arriving to Mars, but he always felt a pang of guilt any time these thoughts boiled up. He would live on, unlike millions of others that were just as deserving, but who would be left behind. 

As Josh sat in the 343 conference room waiting for launch, he began to worry. Why hadn't they left yet? Most of the other Microsoft lifeboats had launched, but 343's sat idle while the employees anxiously waited. Josh caught a glimpse of Che Chou scuttling by the door. "Che," Josh shouted, "when are we leaving?!"

Che looked down solemnly, a single tear appearing in his eye.

"Soon."

tm

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not to start the whole Sprint debate again but Id like to see a game without sprint but have this double jump and thruster.

oh god no. Don't start it please. I actually almost forgot sprint existed since it actually plays well in Halo 5. I'm all for no sprint, but if it's not going to happen let's praise the bald God for making it work

• Upvote (+1) 6

oh god no. Don't start it please. I actually almost forgot sprint existed since it actually plays well in Halo 5. I'm all for no sprint, but if it's not going to happen let's praise the bald God for making it work

While we're on the topic...

No radar

• Upvote (+1) 7

No radar

Ujt9u8v.gif

No radar

That's a different story but butthole kids are not going to like no radar. I just think we need an HCS playlist at this point

What the hell are they smoking in the optic house? They should check that place for a gas leak or something. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just don't see any of the new teams beating CLG. They seem so far ahead of the curve. RNG look pretty good, with practice they could easily be 2nd best. EnVy seem ok, but are still struggling with basic strategy. EG could do it, but only if they replace lunchbox with someone just as smart but with a better shot. Although Snip3down has been struggling so maybe replace him? Everyone else is roughly the same. OpTic could improve, but honestly FS and Maniac have been dicking around too much if Naded is having to explain basic spawn trapping to them.  But of course I could be talking out my ass. 

Yes, THIS will work

Replace Snipedown... to beat CLG.

Snipedown HAS been struggling..... for Snipedown. But he's still Snipedown and still currently sniping.... down..

They really should have let people know that money is no longer going to the HCS a long time ago. People bought the shit out of the weapon skin pack thinking the money was going to a good cause and not MS pockets. Very misleading. 

All we know is that current req sales are not going toward the prize pool, we don't know if that is going to start back up when the Pro League starts.  Lets all just chill till we get some GODDAMN NEWS GODDAMNIT 343 HTFU!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

No radar

If we're really gonna get on this topic, I'd like to say that I've tried getting pros opinions on radar but most give me mixed emotions like "we should try it and see" or "it might make the game too random". The only pro that gave me a straight answer was the man Jimbo, who said that he likes it the way it is, because when he played without radar at GamesCom it was way too campy.

:intel::intel::intel::intel::intel::intel::intel::intel:

Everybody on Crowd Pleasers just followed TSM. Could be a troll for people like me, but ya never know :intensifies:

You should only get hyped if the reverse happens

Don't fall for the troll :/

Also, why the hell isn't anybody talking about EG destroying Liquid last night?

Thats impressive considering liquid and crowd pleasers were close, and crowd pleasers and RNG were close.

I guess the real story is crowd pleasers is a great team.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thats impressive considering liquid and crowd pleasers were close, and crowd pleasers and RNG were close.

Are style matchups a significant factor in top level Halo? In other sports, for example, you can rarely say "Team A beat Team B and Team B beat Team C, so Team A should beat Team C" because of style matchups. Does the same apply to Halo? Is there even enough stylistic variance for unique team play-styles to emerge? (are there multiple ways for teams to be good in Halo 5?)

Wasp beating snakebite and active in viewers hmmm

ATy84g1.png

Colour me surprised that it didn't last long.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You need to look into the players (since rosters aren't set) playing and not just the organization. Liquid was playing with StelluR last night, as opposed to with Spartan against CLG and CrP. Worlds stats notwithstanding, I think Spartan is a better player who, while emotional, is less inconsistent and teamplays better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You should only get hyped if the reverse happens

Don't fall for the troll :/

Wow a set roster for three weeks, who have had the ability to work on strats and grind beat a team that is still deciding on players, what is the accomplishment here, honestly?

If liquid made it close then it would be a talking point, but EG are EXPECTED to dominate teams that aren't formed as are CLG

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You need to look into the players (since rosters aren't set) playing and not just the organization. Liquid was playing with StelluR last night, as opposed to with Spartan against CLG and CrP. Worlds stats notwithstanding, I think Spartan is a better player who, while emotional, is less inconsistent and teamplays better.

For me I really can't tell if I like stellur or Spartan better.

I lean towards Spartan because he actually has call outs and a bit of emotion :p

I think liquid with Spartan was the better team so I can see how the worse performance occurred last night.

The question is... Optic Spartan or Liquid Spartan?

Wow a set roster for three weeks, who have had the ability to work on strats and grind beat a team that is still deciding on players, what is the accomplishment here, honestly?

Crowd pleasers has been grinding for fairly long together no? Didn't liquid almost beat them? Clearly they're a good core. Regardless of the 4th. They have an innate skill level that's pretty high. And it's not always scores or numbers of games won, EG just looked so damn good last night. Coli flag ended in 3 mins, for example.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1