CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The pros are trying to get a 343 employee to add the correct gametypes to a fileshare.

I just don't understand why they push these settings on us. For months we have sat here with no team snipers playlist, no team doubles and when we do get game types like these they last for a week. Meanwhile we have a game type like griffball thats been in the list for 2 weeks now. When this game came out they would ask the community to vote for this game type or playlist for the weekend, why can't they do that for map changes etc? 

For 343 to have a call last night with all the pro's and listen to them all say they don't want any of these changes and still move forward with shoving it down our throats its crazy. Here we are at the height of competitive Halo for the first time in years and they jeopardize viewership/interest for changes that didn't involve any part of the community.

If you are a casual player you play social slayer, warzone, BTB and firefight. If you play competitive you want Arena, and slayer game types that the Pro's play. Don't make drastic changes to arguably the best map in the whole game when we really have like 3 good maps. A game needs progression to stay relevant, but changes need to be done in a way that takes the communities opinions into consideration. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I just don't understand why they push these settings on us. For months we have sat here with no team snipers playlist, no team doubles and when we do get game types like these they last for a week. Meanwhile we have a game type like griffball thats been in the list for 2 weeks now. When this game came out they would ask the community to vote for this game type or playlist for the weekend, why can't they do that for map changes etc? 

For 343 to have a call last night with all the pro's and listen to them all say they don't want any of these changes and still move forward with shoving it down our throats its crazy. Here we are at the height of competitive Halo for the first time in years and they jeopardize viewership/interest for changes that didn't involve any part of the community.

If you are a casual player you play social slayer, warzone, BTB and firefight. If you play competitive you want Arena, and slayer game types that the Pro's play. Don't make drastic changes to arguably the best map in the whole game when we really have like 3 good maps. A game needs progression to stay relevant, but changes need to be done in a way that takes the communities opinions into consideration. 

They obviously had to test them somewhere, but they should have implemented an HCS playlist with the current gametypes and made sure the originals were available in customs.

Personally, I'm open to the testing of these changes, but I don't think they should be forced on the players/pros. 

If 343 had real SOCIAL playlists that they could deploy these kinds of changes into for testing, it wouldn't be so bad. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ninja just said the maps being implemented into customs was a mistake.

MP team is working on it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

343 is just trying to keep the community engaged while they finalize pro league details

if only we had known the future would be orange.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My advice to players affected: Let's step back and relax for a second. I don't completely agree with them overwriting the maps in customs with "test" gametypes but the sky isn't falling. At least they did this during an off season and not half way through a $2.5m World Tour. 

And after reading @@Moa's comment it's nice to see it being corrected.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think two snipers would be fine if both spawned with 8 bullets instead of 12. Reduced ammo a la the shotgun.

Seems like this is what they did for the new Torque. Not sure if it was because of my post (probably not) but I'm going to take credit anyway.

Although to be honest I think it plays pretty badly, lol. 

Seems like this is what they did for the new Torque. Not sure if it was because of my post (probably not) but I'm going to take credit anyway.

Although to be honest I think it plays pretty badly, lol. 

Snipers will be useless when you get sworded by the camo guy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How the fuck does that happen?

I'm sorry, clearly I love this game and this franchise. I respect a lot of people at 343, but from the amateur level stream yesterday to implementing this into customs?!

How does a company of this size and magnitude make mistakes like this????

Continually. There's ALWAYS SOMETHING.

Likely because the custom game maps and matchmaking maps are linked together. They choose to update it and it updates both.

It's the same thing for Forgers maps. If you update your map and someone has it bookmarked, it'll update it for the person who has it bookmarked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lethul hopped on MCC lmfao. That is how bad he thinks these settings are.

Just a heads up, if you haven't started the update yet go do it, even if you're not planning on playing anytime soon. It is taking 4-EV-ER!

How the fuck does that happen?

I'm sorry, clearly I love this game and this franchise. I respect a lot of people at 343, but from the amateur level stream yesterday to implementing this into customs?!

How does a company of this size and magnitude make mistakes like this????

Continually. There's ALWAYS SOMETHING.

Again let's step back and relax

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Good

• Everything about Coliseum except the Binaries
  • Empire OS/Shotgun Placement (Slayer/CTF)
  • Empire Rockets (Slayer/CTF)
  • Empire Stronghold Outside
  • Torque Dual Snipers (Good for CTF, bad for Slayer)
  • Torque Camo

The Bad

• Plasma Pistol right next to OS on Empire
  • Free Scattershot for OS on Strongholds Empire
  • Binaries on Coli
  • Sword next to Camo on Torque

I have no fucking clue

• Empire CTF Window Blocker
  • Boltshots on Coli and Empire
  • SMG in Empire Bases
  • Upvote (+1) 5