CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Where was it confirmed that RNG and CLG are scrimming tonight?

it wasnt. snakebite just said like 3 minutes ago that he doesnt know who they are scrimming tonight.  I would like to see that though

• Upvote (+1) 3

:apg: waits for confirmation it doesn't work yet.. :puckett:

• Downvote (-1) 2

it wasnt. snakebite just said like 3 minutes ago that he doesnt know who they are scrimming tonight.  I would like to see that though

I spent longer than I'd like to admit flipping back and forth between the recent pages of this thread looking for that info before going on to twitter and spending more time than I'd like to admit searching there.  

This matchup is at the top of my "I need to see this shit" list haha.  

Cant help but think it might have had something to do with EG's performance. I know they lost to CLG in bracket play, but groups was another story.

Not to mention I wonder if it put some strain and tension on ALG.

Even more so, This would make the argument that EG doesn't rush these pick ups, and its actually a relatively calculated process.

Yeah, Towey and Eric addressed this if you watch the "What happened to EG at Worlds?" video of his on YouTube.  They said they had recognized Suspector for a while and and when they decided to part ways with Commonly a couple days after Worlds it was an easy decision to pick up Suspector.  It was a calculated decision.  They also said that the Commonly pickup was last minute and they basically picked him because he was one of the few pros that was streaming at the time so he had the most film to look at and was a solid player but that in the end he just didn't fit with the team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think CLG will show much rust if any. All have been playing halo since worlds. Only one I don't see on at least consistently has been Royal2. They are the only team to not have team changes. They won't need to be adapting to new players on their squad like other teams. I see a 10-5 CLG win. RNG should be please with an outcome like this facing CLG for the first time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

:apg: waits for confirmation it doesn't work yet.. :puckett:

It works, perfectly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've advocated this forever! I'm stoked to see this implemented and would even be okay with having some refined system for Arena.

After FASA Studios was shut down their talent was absorbed into 343 and bungie. That's why you have seen a ton of ideas from Shadowrun get implemented into the Halo series. For those who haven't played Shadowrun the D-Pad call out feature was amazing. It allowed no mic players to contribute to the game. There were 3 functions, left right and up. Up on the D-pad called out the number of players, the race and their latest position when seen. "Two humans, elevator bank" Left on the D-Pad would be used to indicate you need help in your current position. "Need help, Statue garden". Right would tell people to move to your location. Similar to needing help but I guess used when you weren't necessarily already fighting. "Move walkway ramp".

The announcer voice was pretty neutral and even when spammed it didn't seem to bad. Similar to how earlier Halo games you'd hear "flag dropped, flag taken, flag dropped".

I'm interested in seeing what they implement here in Warzone, but fear for the spam.

Seems like this is to notify of their own location, not spot out enemies.  The Campaign in Halo 5 had a D-Pad button to 'focus fire' on enemies, so I was a little shocked it wasn't the same in multiplayer. 

The Shadowrun callout function is great, and would be amazing for Halo.  Especially since most people play in parties or skype/discord chat these days.  Have someone that's not in game chat or not in your call/party?  Press up on the D-Pad when looking at an enemy to call them out to everyone in game, even if they're not in your call.  Wouldn't even have to be as complex as the Move/Help/Spotted system in SR, just a simple 'Spotted' callout would be insanely helpful.  Plus it would help the newer players or the people who don't play as often learn the callouts of maps.  Don't know what a callout is?  Press the button and the game will tell you.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Single Elimination needs to go. It's just not reasonable that the second best team could get eliminated early in the tournament because they only lost to the best team. Yes, I know that everyone should aim for first but that still doesn't mean that it's fair to be knocked out because of one loss against the best team in the tournament. These matches can go by quickly and arguably have some flukey modes/maps; we're not talking about a 3 hour long match of tennis here (and I don't even like single elimination in that).

People say that it's better for spectators, but I would ask people to consider whether they'd rather watch the two best teams in the finals or the best team vs a good team that could have had an easier bracket.

Double elimination FTW.

• Upvote (+1) 2

: elevate played more foreign teams than anyone else

This is whole season. They only had 3 extra games vs the best EU team, in Epsilon.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I won't neg for this, but I don't see much a difference between the two.

I still disagree but at least that's more understandable than saying ogre 2 is better than Lunch. All I can suggest is that you get more Lbx gameplay in your life and specifically watch his movement and the routes he takes. Night and day compared to 2gre.

Let's hope that if RNG has a bad scrim vs CLG, they don't just split up. Judging how your brand new team does against the not so rusty reigning champions and rage splitting would be silly.

I don't see it happening but teams have done it before (ALG 2.0)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Freelances for Redbull

Redbull is a sponsor of TSM. 

:intel:

I can confirm that its not TSM. That was a slick conclusion. I'm impressed.

But that would be pretty fucking awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 7

this is another thing about K/D

you have to look into what teams that player played 

it would be awesome if some math genius could find a way to weight K/D based on what teams you played

Halo Pros:

I'm speaking on behalf of a well respected organization that's looking to pick up a new Halo team for the upcoming 2016 HCS season. This is a contracted and paid position and very much the real deal. If you're interested in discussing the opportunity for your team, DM me on Twitter @@FlizzyFletch or PM me here.

Halo Community:

If you know of any pros or teams that are looking for an opportunity like I mentioned, please refer them to me or me to them!

P.S: Its not Noble.

https://twitter.com/FlizzyFletch/status/717767845002653696

Redbull esports confirmed?

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Except for the part where he has placed top 16 in 4s before.

Top 64 lol.

That was a clone sent by the government to corrupt Halo

This is whole season. They only had 3 extra games vs the best EU team, in Epsilon.

gfkETzKFBSkBW.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

nvbpUEjl.jpg

This needs to be talked about more

Has anyone been able to test this yet to see what type of alert is triggered by the ping?  

Would be interested to know if it's visual regarding name tags / player outlines or if it's an audible ping that announces your map location.

At first I thought this was just for warzone but now I see it's in Arena as well.  Wonder if they intend for this function to be included in the competitive settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1