CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Maniac clearly has a higher ceiling as evidenced by regionals, but I honestly think FS has not been as mediocre at h5 as most people make him out to be.

I'm not directing this at anyone specifically, but I feel like in general a lot of people just piggy-back off the "Flame sucks and should coach" thing w/o actually watching him play.

He also has played this game/still plays significantly more than Maniac.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

if ur not getting kills = you suck

^pretty much

k/d is so misleading if you aren't aware of team roles

halo needs advanced analytics  

• Upvote (+1) 3

^pretty much

API Hackathon FTW!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just baffled that in the midst of needing 2 more on the Halo team, Maniac thinks it's smart to go to California.

Both him and FS have admitted that their approach in Season 1 was a failure....and they are almost letting it happen again.

But adding Naded should draw in another skilled player, but lets just hope they start a serious grind.

Imagine a guy like Naded said he's joining your team, then a few days later says "actually, I'm going to run with a few other guys". At that time, they went from having a great third that would significantly improve them, to being back to square one. Maniac reaches out to daddy Hecz, who says "listen son, why don't you come out to California for a few days to take your mind off everything". Maniac has said he suffered from depression in the past and being in the right space mentally is so important. It may have been worse if he had just stayed home and grinded.

I'm hoping that when he gets back to the house he has a new found love for halo, that Naded helps them lure in the perfect 4th and they attack the pro league head on. Lets fkn go boyz!

• Upvote (+1) 9

I miss my first class every day catching up with this thread.

And I only have 1 class Mon/Wed/Fri

Edit: I went to bed right before Naded began streaming, how many viewers did he end up getting?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Flameswords problem is that he makes really dumb decisions which is odd because he know exactly what he should be doing

^pretty much

I agree with this.

People like Towey and other pros talk about how stats don't matter because in-game decisions are more important, but when we can't quantify the value of those decisions of course we're just gonna look at stats (I'm talking about both the professional level and just matchmaking myself). It would be awesome if we have some type of advanced analytics, but what exactly that would mean I don't know.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Side note...  Going back to OpTic Naded...  

I think at this point in his career that he realized that he needs to do what's best for him.  He can benefit more by growing his brand, especially with the help of OpTic.  I feel like he made this decision for the long term benefits.  He is probably thinking more for his child, than himself.

Either way....   HYPE.

Side note...  Going back to OpTic Naded...  

I think at this point in his career that he realized that he needs to do what's best for him.  He can benefit more by growing his brand, especially with the help of OpTic.  I feel like he made this decision for the long term benefits.  He is probably thinking more for his child, than himself.

Either way....   HYPE.

Also if you cant turn 150k into more money, youre doing somethign wrong haha.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't understand... do you people sleep?

Intel refreshes more than sleep ever could.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

That team would never place, but man the vlogs would be  fire   :kappa:

Not to mention the trash talk would be T1. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Flameswords problem is that he makes really dumb decisions which is odd because he know exactly what he should be doing

From a viewer perspective it seems like he is spending too much of his attention trying to be a coach while playing instead of just being a player.

Imagine a guy like Naded said he's joining your team, then a few days later says "actually, I'm going to run with a few other guys". At that time, they went from having a great third that would significantly improve them, to being back to square one. Maniac reaches out to daddy Hecz, who says "listen son, why don't you come out to California for a few days to take your mind off everything". Maniac has said he suffered from depression in the past and being in the right space mentally is so important. It may have been worse if he had just stayed home and grinded.

I'm hoping that when he gets back to the house he has a new found love for halo, that Naded helps them lure in the perfect 4th and they attack the pro league head on. Lets fkn go boyz!

That might make sense if he hadn't just came back from Cali after the HWC. 

Regardless I just want to see these guys grind and perform well.

#LowKeyGreenWallFan

• Upvote (+1) 4

We should be talking about intel, but I think there is a more important question to be asked: Will today's memes be able to top yesterday's phenomenal day? 

• Upvote (+1) 5

We should be talking about intel, but I think there is a more important question to be asked: Will today's memes be able to top yesterday's phenomenal day? 

I am a "glass half full" kinda guy.  So i have high hopes for today.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've got meetings all day at work, so I leave it up to my fellow memeologists.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also..think about the fact that Maniac is putting up Youtube QUALITY content like a (no pun intended) maniac. Hecz, after all is a businessman who looks for people that can grow the Optic brand even more and Maniac is exactly doing that so I don't see him (or Flamesword) going away anytime soon. Even more so now with the addition of Naded and it's huge fanbase, it's going to benefit both him and Optic.

Did you capitalize quality to show you're being sarcastic? I hope so. I cannot stand his youtube, "Hey guys, Maniac here. It's just team optic going to the grocery store and let's see what we got. Hmmm some mustard, a little deli meat..." Like what the hell am I watching? 

• Upvote (+1) 3