CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Bumped into Naded on the subway today. What a great guy. 

2usxt0y.jpg

lolwut? Looks nothing like Naded. Ace if anything.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Naded picked social media success over being on a top tier team , as a naded fan I'm disappointed in the team pick up

Lol you are clueless, just wait until his YouTube video everything will be explained. It's honestly annoying that people assume he is in it for the fame

Does anyone have the score to the Liquid vs CP scrim last night? 

Was it 6-6?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol you are clueless, just wait until his YouTube video everything will be explained. It's honestly annoying that people assume he is in it for the fame

You don't really think that optic can win do you? He knows this is a better career move for him than trying to get on a winning team. Being on optic is better consistent revenue than betting on placing well in tourneys.

it's a shame 2gre never leveraged his brand

he could have been a huge esport figure and instead he's pretty much just a niche pro player that OG's know about

I feel you, but at the same time 2gre's personality just isn't flashy and entertaining. 

It still would be hella hype if he went to Optic though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You don't really think that optic can win do you? He knows this is a better career move for him than trying to get on a winning team. Being on optic is better consistent revenue than betting on placing well in tourneys.

I think they have as good a shot at winning as any other team outside of CLG, which is a 0% shot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I may be in the minority, but I REALLY don't think Maniac cares as much as he says. I think it is all talk. His callouts are always so uninspiring and monotone.

I love Maniac but I dont think he cares that much either. I remember one Vlog he had where he was talking about not playing Halo anymore. Maybe all the losses got to him and a new fire can be lit inside of him with a solid squad this season.

I think they have as good a shot at winning as any other team outside of CLG, which is a 0% shot.

Don't worry after clg wins about 4 more events Lethul will leave and be the one to take them down. #Infamous

• Upvote (+1) 3

I feel you, but at the same time 2gre's personality just isn't flashy and entertaining. 

It still would be hella hype if he went to Optic though.

I've been a hater since the sQ days and this is the only way I'd root for a team with Flame on it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

i just hope optic doesn't pick up randa

nothing against him buuuuuuuut i'd rather see optic halo actually succeed 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i just hope optic doesn't pick up randa

nothing against him buuuuuuuut i'd rather see optic halo actually succeed 

Unfortunately the 4th isn't going to matter unless flame and maniac start putting in 10 hour days for the next couple months.

I wonder who will leave Optic this year because they don't grind.

Honestly can't believe Hecz didn't completely take control after the trainwreck that happened this past season / worlds.

H3cz is super loyal and it takes a trainwreck of extreme magnitude for him to come through and start knocking heads (but when he does, people listen) together. My guess is Flame and Maniac have talked to him about it and he's giving them the benefit of the doubt/chance to prove they're serious. Hecz also likely doesn't pay much attention to the scene so to him, maniac taking off to cali is just a vacation to support the cod team. The impact it has of maniac and flame missing out on time where they could be running games with people and trying to lock in solid players before other teams scoop them up probably never crossed his mind. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

H3cz is super loyal and it takes a trainwreck of extreme magnitude for him to come through and start knocking heads (but when he does, people listen) together. My guess is Flame and Maniac have talked to him about it and he's giving them the benefit of the doubt/chance to prove they're serious. Hecz also likely doesn't pay much attention to the scene so to him, maniac taking off to cali is just a vacation to support the cod team. The impact it has of maniac and flame missing out on time where they could be running games with people and trying to lock in solid players before other teams scoop them up probably never crossed his mind. 

You'd think though with Optic being absent from the HWC with all that exposure, that he would be on top of FS and Maniac a little more.

Unfortunately the 4th isn't going to matter unless flame and maniac start putting in 10 hour days for the next couple months.

maniac is good, really good

flame needs to step up his game a little 

• Upvote (+1) 1

They should worry less about getting solid players and worry more about becoming solid players.

• Upvote (+1) 3

maniac is good, really good

flame needs to step up his game a little 

Meh, I guess I personally disagree. I think he can be really good, but I don't think he's a top 8 (team) player right now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone have the score to the Liquid vs CP scrim last night? 

7-6 them

• Upvote (+1) 5

Maniac has little spurts of how good he could/used to be. He showed that at Regionals when he was stepping up but no one else could. If he becomes consistent that will be huge for optic.

Then again hasn't nick always been a LAN player like hysteria? That's not really a good thing at this point considering almost all tournaments are online.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maniac has little spurts of how good he could/used to be. He showed that at Regionals when he was stepping up but no one else could. If he becomes consistent that will be huge for optic.

Then again hasn't nick always been a LAN player like hysteria? That's not really a good thing at this point considering almost all tournaments are online.

The atmosphere of a live event is what helps a lot of players to perform better. It's a rush and they feed off it. Now that we won't have it for a while - we will see those players fade away for a time. At least until the emergence of big stadium events.

Of course you have to give credit to all the players who prepare - sometimes its as simple as discipline. Will you schedule practices and regularly put in the effort?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also..think about the fact that Maniac is putting up Youtube QUALITY content like a (no pun intended) maniac. Hecz, after all is a businessman who looks for people that can grow the Optic brand even more and Maniac is exactly doing that so I don't see him (or Flamesword) going away anytime soon. Even more so now with the addition of Naded and it's huge fanbase, it's going to benefit both him and Optic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So sorta related to competitive Halo. There is going to be an Olympics for gaming. It's called the eGames. @@TheSimms spoke at an introductory thingy at London Games Fest today too. 

Here's the link to the website: http://www.egames.org

& their twitter: https://twitter.com/eGames_Official

Pretty big step for competitive gaming in general. Simms will probably make a much more in depth & exciting post about this  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 7