CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The same reason OpTic dominates CoD

That's like the biggest non-answer I've ever seen.

Just experienced Scatter on Regret. The horror! 

Just leave it on Rig & Coli please.

It's also really bad on Plaza...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honest question, if the game doesnt have such a huge gap in skill why is it clg is stomping on every team this bad? Also, why is it no one can catch up to players like Frosty?

Not agreeing/disagreeing but this is the first time halo has real money iirc, players are grinding but theres a clear distinction in the tier of the team and it can be pretty steep.

Again, not agreeing/disagreeing (not even sure how id figure out if a game had it anyways)

Sure, players are grinding, but CLG has been consistently outgrinding everyone else. If NV or TL or whoever grinds as much as they do this upcoming season, I bet it'll be a lot closer.

That's like the biggest non-answer I've ever seen.

Skill gap size doesn't have to do with a team dominating. CoD has a very low skill gap and one team still dominates. Not that hard of a connection to make.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Making a skill gap knowledge of the map your surroundings and when to use what weapons.

What?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Skill gap size doesn't have to do with a team dominating. CoD has a very low skill gap and one team still dominates. Not that hard of a connection to make.#

That doesn't answer the question though.

All it does is raise the question: why does Optic dominate CoD if it's not that there's a reasonable skill gap present?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That doesn't answer the question though.

All it does is raise the question: why does Optic dominate CoD if it's not that there's a reasonable skill gap present?

Because they play the game the best like, I don't understand why you try to ankle it so deep. They play better, their strategies and teamwork are the best. Doesn't make the skill gap any bigger.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because they play the game the best like, I don't understand why you try to ankle it so deep. They play better, their strategies and teamwork are the best. Doesn't make the skill gap any bigger.

They can only play better if there's a skill gap present.

That's literally the definition of a skill gap.

You pretty much just said "They win because they're more skilled, that doesn't mean there's a skill gap".

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

My take on Riptide:

I think it's just an average map, but the use of autos and radar make it less fun to play, and presumably watch. 

Do I want to keep radar and autos? No. Are some H5 maps still enjoyable to play even with radar and autos? Yes. Riptide is not one of them. 

You pretty much just said 'They win because they're more skilled, that doesn't mean there's a skill gap'.

I said it doesn't make the skillgap big. Nice comprehension man. Everything has a skillgap, it's how big it is that matters.

MOST Forge maps are not very aesthetically pleasing, so I can agree with that sentiment.

Of course, most =/= all, they're some dev quality forge maps (some of which will be tested in the future). 

You pretty much just said 'They win because they're more skilled, that doesn't mean there's a skill gap'.

You're deliberately misinterpreting what he's saying, he's saying CoD doesn't have a BIG skillgap, not that one doesn't exist.

You might be thinking of the Team Liquid announcement?

Why would @@Vivi tease Liquid announcement ?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This game definitely has a skill gap, except it isn't in the aiming that most people are expecting. It's in the movement and overall awareness of the things available to the player. It's more in depth than point and shoot skill gal guys cmon.

But it would be cooler to have both. A movement gap and a shooting gap would make the game more enjoyable IMO. That's why I don't like the autos. Also, if you scrim Cratos pls kill him with an auto.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

A lot of the time when people use the word "skill gap" regarding console FPS, they're talking strictly about shooting skill.  They don't much care for other aspects of what contributes to winning a game.

The last two generations of Call of Duty and this generation of Halo have made the mobility skill gap more defined, and in Halo's case it came with the sacrifice that the shooting skill gap was decreased with the inclusion of autos (which do have their own shooting skill gap, but it is lower than that of precision weapons).

The Pistol's shooting skill gap is higher than that of the base weapons in Reach, H4, and H2A, though.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

okay but if the game is super small skill gap wise why cant players use those strategies and beat their teamwork if the skill gap is small (which  Idont think is the crux of skill gap to begin with)? If the game is simple and everyone can hit the top of the world, why are teams consistently beating many other teams and clearly showing they're #1?

• Downvote (-1) 2

the point is the pistol can be used at all distances therfore you start with it. The other weapons you need to put yourself in a position to use them otherwise you get a free kill on someone trying to use them. Making a skill gap knowledge of the map your surroundings and when to use what weapons. Even at the pro level I kill guys trying to smg and ar me all the time Cus they take the risk having the weapon out or not. Everything tAkes skill from a smg to a shotty

Yes, everything takes some skill. Rockets take some skill and I often kill players when they try to rocket me from too far away. That doesn't mean we should spawn with them. There's also no reason to spawn with a powerful and easy AR just because people misuse it sometimes

• Downvote (-1) 3

This game definitely has a skill gap, except it isn't in the aiming that most people are expecting. It's in the movement and overall awareness of the things available to the player. It's more in depth than point and shoot skill gal guys cmon.

Wait lol i thought we were discussing the game as a whole. Unless like Audley said were just talking aiming which idk why one would use skill gap to describe aiming difficulty lol

Overpowered autos add nothing to accuracy, movement, or overall awareness skill. Oh wait, there is the extreme skill gap in knowing that you should pull out an AR at close range

• Upvote (+1) 1

I said it doesn't make the skillgap big. Nice comprehension man. Everything has a skillgap, it's how big it is that matters.

If the skillgap wasn't reasonably big then they wouldn't consistently dominate.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ar and pistol start are perfect. Don't see the arguing point.

Ar better short range but pistol better the rest. Adds a factor of predicting when to use each of the weapons, over just everyone using a precision weapon.

Rip

Well shit.

After using the special build for a little bit during the EU finals, it makes sense but that sucks.