CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Are these test settings in any way a result of what was played/tested at the pro player summit? If so, wtf? If not, wtf?

Any pros able to shed light on this?

Are these test settings in any way a result of what was played/tested at the pro player summit? If so, wtf? If not, wtf?

Any pros able to shed light on this?

I'd imagine they had to sign an NDA or something of that nature

i wonder who at 343 is responsible for choosing bomb over oddball

like how could you have anything to do with h5 multiplayer and not think oddball would be absolutely amazing 

To be fair, I've heard from a few people that Oddball doesn't play too well in Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

iirc that was done shortly before worlds, people don't want to risk money even if it was for the better of th game.

To be fair, I've heard from a few people that Oddball doesn't play too well in Halo 5.

Comes down to the maps. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

When people are dodging overgrowth and riptide AGAIN :thinking:  :dead:

We have done this already its time to move on from these maps.

I've had a couple of fairly decent matches on Riptide actually. Even one against a to4 champions where we didn't get completely slaughtered. I was solo queuing and I think the score was 50-37.

In my fairly brief experience there was far less camping of Blue room (barely any actually) and quite a lot of movement around the map. It actually quite enjoyable which makes a very welcome change.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And Assault does?.

Why dont they let us test it then.

Spartan does not articulate himself well and I hope 343 does not take him to be a representation of the pros or this community in general.

"Overgrowth is just a bad version of Plaza", "Riptide is just a bad version of Fathom", "Tyrant is just three hallways" are not thoughtful points whatsoever and are not written with as much care as the pros should be. Very unconstructive

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I've had a couple of fairly decent matches on Riptide actually. Even one against a to4 champions where we didn't get completely slaughtered. I was solo queuing and I think the score was 50-37.

In my fairly brief experience there was far less camping of Blue room (barely any actually) and quite a lot of movement around the map. It actually quite enjoyable which makes a very welcome change.

How dare you say anything else besides Riptide is terrible. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

And Assault does?.

Why dont they let us test it then.

I never said that.

Just that anyone asking for Oddball to replace Assault is basically asking for trash to replace trash.

hearing feedback of other peoples feedback is really annoying

apparently if you don't write a 2k word essay your thoughts aren't valid

• Upvote (+1) 3

I never said that.

Just that anyone asking for Oddball to replace Assault is basically asking for trash to replace trash.

Barely anyone has tested oddball though.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I never said that.

Then there is no point in having Assault in the rotation or any "ball" gametypes.

......that changes will be made when in fact there won't likely be any?

Collective bargaining implies that if the workers aren't given reasonable conditions/compensation/settings/whatever, they won't work/play.

So the pros hold the league for ransom. Either give us settings that don't suck or fill your pro league with AM's and watch your already strugglingviewership tank even further

• Upvote (+1) 1

Apparently no old gametypes work in Halo 5 lol

Riptide is terrible. A couple good games for someone doesn't override that.

Maybe if we remove Blue Room from the map??

Riptide is terrible. A couple good games for someone doesn't override that.

Eh, it used to be terrible. I'd say it's actually playable now.

Like I said before I don't think it would work well in the HCS, it's far too segmented with barely any sightlines. That said I'm not going to groan as much if I play it in matchmaking anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1