CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The whole THIS THREAD IS MEANT SPECIFICALLY FOR PRO TEAMS SEEDS AND DISCUSSION!!!!! Honestly over that shit. We're on topic 60% of the time, every time, so I don't know what the big deal is.

He wasn't being facetious though..I think he was serious. But whatever. Never change TB

• Upvote (+1) 3

exceptional-hair.png

Ill add to the OT discussion.  Any Eastbound and Down fans? Season 1 was a masterpiece.

You're fucking out!

Have you checked out Vice Principals? It's pretty good so far.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Stupid, completely off-topic tangents are fine. It's those pesky motion sensor, OP automatics, and 4sk magnum discussions that are a problem.

We give you guys special little topics to post about these things. You guys just don't care to use them most of the time.

It's in the minority of complaining though, just always find these posts funny. It's the offseason, OT stuff going to happen.

Most people here wish there was actual HCS news, rostermania and scrims to talk about. We'll get there soon hopefully.

• Upvote (+1) 3

People talking about the office and I'm just here like 

MOjx5hx.gif

If we are going to talk tv shows, it's always sunny is right up there

I don't know if anyone has heard of an HBO show called Eastbound and Down, but also hilarious

Edit: I love how there were a few Eastbound and Down posts right before mine lol. Great show.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I come home from work to see 10 new pages. I thought some intel/news was dropped. Nope. I just read about the entire series of The Office instead. Off season has ruined us  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 5

As a longtime Starcraft player, I have to disagree. Blizzard does constant updates and feedback NOW and only with their titles that are raking in the esports dollars. Prime example: Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void suffered from balance issues for months after release. It took almost 6 months to get a balance update which did nothing to remedy the issues of games at every level (casual through PRO) being entirely one-sided. (Zerg slaughter everything). Secondly, when it comes to Starcraft, the suggested changes that come in the update come almost solely from David Kim who doesn't compete and is not even a high-ranked player. Think: if Bravo had the final say in what changes to make to the gameplay in Halo instead of pro players/Halo Reddit. Having only one person making the decisions about the direction and balance of the game has caused the game to suffer since HotS (2013). 

In closing: yes, there are certainly people out there who love Blizzard for their interaction with the community. However, Blizzard does not actively support the communities of all of their titles. I would agree that the love of Blizzard is blind, and there are going to be a lot of disappointed faces when their next big title(Diablo/Warcraft 4 ) releases. 

I came across this in my journey back to the most recent post. 

Around these parts I feel like a majority of us would 100% of the time choose Bravo over the Halo subreddit if we had to choose 1 Halo overlord. I don't want any part of a Halo game that /r/Halo had a hand in creating. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Favorite scene from season 1, that and the bbq

"Whats his name? Fuckin Shrek?"  Had me dying.  I believe thats the first episode, and it had me hooked.

You're fucking out!

Have you checked out Vice Principals? It's pretty good so far.

Ive heard about it, and once I finish All or Nothing (Football Series), Im hopping over to that.

My favorites are when Jim copies everything about Dwight in the beginning or when Jim puts all of dwights supplies in the vending machine and he has to buy his own shit

I love the altoid episode where he restarts his computer and offers Dwight an Altoid everytime he does it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Episode 4 tho....

Was a long time ago. Only thing I remember about season 3 is that it was mostly fillers that didn't contribute too much to the overal story. But other season, oh my. Did you know though, that Starbuck showed her tits in the last Riddick movie ?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I personally think the H5 radar should be reworked to only show sprinting and thrusting and maybe shooting. Regular walking shouldn't be shown on the radar. Crouch plays will still be rampant because of how much sound whoring matters in H5.

As for autos I think the AR is fine as it but the storm rifle should be treated like a tier 2 weapon (shotguns/scattershots/hydras). SMGs should be reduced to no spare clips. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

I was thinking about all the teams that nV has scrimmed, and aside from CLG, I don't think nV has scrimmed E6 yet:

12-2 vs EG/ALG

8-6 vs C9

14-0/11-3 vs Liquid

12-2 EG with Ninja and VicX

*Optic does not count because they don't even play*

Also, is there a way I can watch the nV vs EG scrim from last night? I went to the budlight twitch account and it only has 3 of the 14 games played. 

So I personally think the H5 radar should be reworked to only show sprinting and thrusting and maybe shooting. Regular walking shouldn't be shown on the radar. Crouch plays will still be rampant because of how much sound whoring matters in H5.

As for autos I think the AR is fine as it but the storm rifle should be treated like a tier 2 weapon (shotguns/scattershots/hydras). SMGs should be reduced to no spare clips. 

I don't know if I've ever participated in settings discussion here before, but I wanted to chime in on this. Changing radar to only show players using Spartan Abilities is a punishment for traversing the map and using the game mechanics, which is counter-productive in my opinion. Radar in Halo 5 is pretty binary I think. The game play is either better with it or without it, and I don't think there's a compromise to be made in between. Maybe I am wrong. I haven't played any Halo 5 alternate settings, but that's my take.

Was a long time ago. Only thing I remember about season 3 is that it was mostly fillers that didn't contribute too much to the overal story. But other season, oh my. Did you know though, that Starbuck showed her tits in the last Riddick movie ?

1) that's the episode where the Galactica FTL's intra-atmosphere to the planet on the rescue mission.  Most badass thing i have ever seen on television.  Gives me the feels just thinking about it.

Oh boy.  I think that's a can of worms that we don't need to open around here.  I think if we are going to go OT we should stick to innocuous posts about our favorite shows and old-timey halo nostalgia until some dank  :intel: drops.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was this not the plan prior to H5's actual release?

I don't know if I've ever participated in settings discussion here before, but I wanted to chime in on this. Changing radar to only show players using Spartan Abilities is a punishment for traversing the map and using the game mechanics, which is counter-productive in my opinion. Radar in Halo 5 is pretty binary I think. The game play is either better with it or without it, and I don't think there's a compromise to be made in between. Maybe I am wrong. I haven't played any Halo 5 alternate settings, but that's my take.

It punished people for just holding forward and pushing every spawn. It would make no difference for players trying to make rotations and just move around the map.

For making plays and pushes you have to be smart

I was thinking about all the teams that nV has scrimmed, and aside from CLG, I don't think nV has scrimmed E6 yet:

12-2 vs EG/ALG

8-6 vs C9

14-0/11-3 vs Liquid

12-2 EG with Ninja and VicX

*Optic does not count because they don't even play*

Also, is there a way I can watch the nV vs EG scrim from last night? I went to the budlight twitch account and it only has 3 of the 14 games played. 

Ninja has the rest of the matches on his rebroadcasts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

FORMAL BACK TO HALO?!

Dude if Formal was streaming Halo right now, I don't know what I'd do......anyone know his GT? I need it for some good ol' research . 

Dude if Formal was streaming Halo right now, I don't know what I'd do......anyone know his GT? I need it for some good ol' research . 

He streamed Halo 5 quite a bit back around launch. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Odd that Formal is playing Halo this close to champs though, right?

Some people on the Optic subreddit mentioned that Formal had seemed unhappy in scrims lately.