CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Doing a little homework here...I wanted to ask you guys a question! 

Who are your favorite hosts across all Esports? I'm not talking commentators, I'm talking hosts here people! 

Bricey in my experience is the best in the business. Always knows the direction in which to push the conversation, constantly talking to production via talk-back (even while analysts are making points), does a great job filling, throwing & projecting his voice; all while keeping up a funny and light-hearted personality while presenting.

...just don't tell him I said any of that.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Doing a little homework here...I wanted to ask you guys a question! 

Who are your favorite hosts across all Esports? I'm not talking commentators, I'm talking hosts here people! 

I thought Joshua Gray (Clutch08) was a great host for H2A season 2 finals.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Unfortunate, but accurate. I've been watching Ryanoobs scrims, and he's consistently struggling. He's still a very good Halo player who does the right things in-game but his skill level is below what is necessary for Pro League. He's clearly a great person, and I would 10/10 team with a guy with his attitude, but he needs to step up his individual gameplay to stay in the league. 

Would be a great caster. Would rather see him make it back into the Pro League and step up his gameplay. 

Has this been lately that you've been watching him? He was killing it for Allegiance for a period of time. I think he had one of the highest kda's for one of the tournaments and scored very high on that fantasyhcs thing. I don't remember the details but I remember people saying he might be one of the best players in the league after that tournament. 

I'd be surprised if he's dropped this drastically since.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Bricey in my experience is the best in the business. Always knows the direction in which to push the conversation, constantly talking to production via talk-back (even while analysts are making points), does a great job filling, throwing & projecting his voice; all while keeping up a funny and light-hearted personality while presenting.

...just don't tell him I said any of that.

Alan Brice in the UK right? 

I thought Joshua Gray (Clutch08) was a great host for H2A season 2 finals.

Thanks for the suggestion! 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think anyone doubting the role of coaches in Halo should take a close look/listen to Elumnite coaching NV. He does an amazing job of tracking weapon times, enemy player positions/call outs, when to/not to set up and push, which players should rotate and when, etc. He has great Halo IQ that he applies to his coaching and you could definitely see it when you look at the huge turn-around that team made going from regionals into season 1 of Pro League. I think it is less about simply having a coach than it is about the quality of coach you have on a team. 

I wouldn't say I'm necessarily doubting the role as I can certainly see the value in having coaches

I just think it would add an element of skill that pro players should have to be held accountable for. Having to time weapons and powerups in game can further separate top tier teams from the average ones. 

I never really saw the point of coaches in Halo specifically. This isn't like the NBA/NFL, these guys during the game aren't running plays or memorizing a playbook. Halo is so fast paced now that it just seems like teams don't "set up" anymore like you did with past Halo games - and if they do this, it's during a stalemate or something.

So other than timing weapons, calling out, and maybe bringing a mental boost to your team in a tough spot, I can't think of any "game changing" reason why coaches are needed.

I feel like as a "professional" you should be able to time weapons, handle calling out, and keeping your head in the game mentally, even if you are being blown out. I feel like this stuff is just a requirement for being a pro player, you don't need some other guy behind you holding your teams hand.

I also think that a lot of people put a huge importance on the role of a Halo coach, when in reality I don't think they have as big of an impact as everyone likes to suggest.

Just my 2 cents, probably won't be a popular opinion but that's okay.

This is why I find it so hard to take Towey seriously with his super-serious tryhard videos about how important coaching is ... he's just a low Onyx player who knows EG players well, and times power-ups. That's it.  He definitely adds something to their gameplay but it's nowhere near the impact of coaching in other sports (American football, for example)

I mean, seriously, do you think that Roy and Lunch need Towey's help to know when to rotate for a new setup?  Or strategy in general?  They can see each other's screens and know way more about Halo than Towey ... I dunno man.  In a hectic game I guess he could have some effect, though

edit: or not, see below

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 7

This is just simply not true. Before worlds, Towey probably worked harder than the rest of the squad by watching countless hours of film, researching statistics, and on top of that, coaching every scrim we played. Yes, coaching might not be as impactful as people think it is, but give credit where credit is due. 

fair enough, you would know better than I would

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is it just me or would a well practiced team of former/current COD players be one of the top teams in halo? Obviously hypothetical but for example - 

Formal, Enable, Huke, Crim? 

Idk who the fourth would be but those first 3 would be an amazing core of players... I wonder if Hecz was serious about Formal playing Halo for a few months ...... would be so cool to see how he stacks up 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it just me or would a well practiced team of former/current COD players be one of the top teams in halo? Obviously hypothetical but for example - 

Idk who the fourth would be but those first 3 would be an amazing core of players... I wonder if Hecz was serious about Formal playing Halo for a few months ...... would be so cool to see how he stacks up 

That and I think Crim was Pro/Very good at Halo before switching to CoD. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. So possibly all 4 would be solid.

http://cod.esportspedia.com/wiki/Crimsix

Yea "retired professional Halo player". Unsure of his history in Halo but He'd probably hold up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That and I think Crim was Pro/Very good at Halo before switching to CoD. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. So possibly all 4 would be solid.

Yea "retired professional Halo player". Unsure of his history in Halo but He'd probably hold up.

I think he was a cod pro(not sure) who switched to halo then back to cod.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

No

here's the CLG K/D breakdown

Stats

gonna start releasing these over the next few days

For a second I thought these were finals stats and I got super excited  :mj:

He competed in Halo before cod, had a top 4 placing and was arguably the best player on his team for the events he placed outside top 4, i think he remained top 12 for all events he attended, mostly top 8 with a 10th place in there somewhere.  He claims that because he was a newer pro compared to some of his team mates, his was out shadowed and the veteran pros took better opportunities away from him.  Like he and twin savior would be blamed for the losses even though he felt he out performed the veteran pros.  Not sure how accurate that is but thats how the story goes.

So ya he was a pretty good halo pro that never really got a chance to shine in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been busy the last few days...can someone tell me what's up with OpTic? I know they dropped Str8 but who are they picking up? When are they gonna scrim again? Lol its rough being an OpTic fan sometimes

Been busy the last few days...can someone tell me what's up with OpTic? I know they dropped Str8 but who are they picking up? When are they gonna scrim again? Lol its rough being an OpTic fan sometimes

Rumor is that they are picking up Heinz. And we have no idea when they are scrimming again.