CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I still have not been to a live Halo event. I have never competed in a Halo LAN. So this story is a bit different than most everyone else's, but I think my journey to enjoying competitive Halo is pretty unique.

My first live Halo event was IG Atlanta. I was a part of the staff. It was genuinely a lot of fun. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

wow I just noticed I lost it FUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK see if I ever come back here again

ha haha, no more free plus rep for you mr.
  • Upvote (+1) 9

Contra Devon Shooter & Str8 Sick

Yea I went back a page and saw it, which I should have done in the first place but thanks regardless.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would love to know how many people lie about "playing halo since CE." Probably a pretty decent percentage honestly. Anyways, I hope that since the pro player summit is finished that we get the Season 2 info soon.

Honestly, there's probably a lot of people who'll give their opinion on Halo and start it off with "I've been playing since CE" when odds are good that they never played the multiplayer regularly. I mean, out of everyone who had the game, how many people did or even could regularly lan? Much less play the game at a decent level.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, there's probably a lot of people who'll give their opinion on Halo and start it off with "I've been playing since CE" when odds are good that they never played the multiplayer regularly. I mean, out of everyone who had the game, how many people did or even could regularly lan? Much less play the game at a decent level.

The only people I really ever played against were my cousins, but we had a history of playing Duke Nukem 64 and Goldeneye 64 prior to CE. I didn't even own CE until 2004. Was never good at it, never really put much effort into it, but it did get me interested in the franchise. I'm sure many people shared a similar experience (at least if you are around the age of 25)

• Upvote (+1) 4

There is a (to me) surprisingly large number of members that didn't start with Halo 1.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm inclined to believe that anyone saying they started with H:CE but are only 16-20 are probably talking out of their ass, though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm inclined to believe that anyone saying they started with H:CE but are only 16-20 are probably talking out of their ass, though.

Lower end of that is very unlikely, maybe possible tho since CE did come with a lot of Xboxs.

25 years old

Started with HCE on day 1.

I bet you never even won a tournament against the Ogres, fucking poser.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

i only bought an xbox a couple months before h2 came out because h2 looked so cool to me. So i bought an xbox off of a friend, and he gave me halo with it. found out a couple of other people at my school played, and we set up 8 player lans. As much fun as I had with h2 on xbl, nothing can really match those 4v4 sidewinder ctf games. :mj:

I bet you never even won a tournament against the Ogres, fucking poser.

I never competed

But it was the first game me and my brother beat coop when I was a kid

Blew me the fuck away and I never looked back

I’ve been playing Halo since I was 6 (started with CE either early 2004 or late 2003) and I’m 19 now. I have literally grown up playing this series. Makes it all the more funny when someone claims I’m not a real Halo fan because I like/defend ‘x’ or ‘y’ feature or design choice (it’s happened a fair amount).

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is considered starting with HCE then? I was 5 when I first played HCE with my cousins back when it came out does that not count?

• Upvote (+1) 1

22 and started with CE. Well, started means walked around like an idiot while i got rocketed over and over by my brother and his friends. Still holds true today

I'm 25 and I started on the very tail end of CE. Used to LAN with my friends all the time but we were trash. Really got into competitive halo in H2 when it was on every saturday on TV and my older brother and I played non-stop, been playing ever since. 

I remember a specific time on hang em high when I had 3 bullets in my pistol and one of my buddies was like i'll stand still bc there is no way you will kill me with 3 shots, and I 3 shot him and we all freaked out lol good times! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I played CE a few weeks before H2 came out.  Had a few lans with friends from school but none of us were any good.  I enjoyed the game, though.  Halo 2 came out and I hated it, and still do.

From when Halo 2 came out until I first played H3 is 2008 I played maybe 5-10 games of Halo total.

Been playing since 2003 (I'm 31) Lan wasn't really a thing due to how piss poor the xbox initially sold in the UK but those 2v2 sidewinder snipe only games were the shit.

H2 sold so many xboxs. We lanned every single saturday night for probably over a year after release. My local game shop had a H2 lan party on launch day. Probably one of my fondest gaming memories.

Originally got into Halo esports and CS 1.6 around the same time. A gaming show on Bravo on the UK (no longer exists) had an episode on cyberathletes (esports is such a better term) and they showed SK (the swedish team) winning the 1.6 event and highlights from one of the early MLGs and they hyped the ogres a lot.

Me and my little brother then went searching for more halo stuff online and found the videos on zyos's wcg run where he absolutly shit on that kid 15-0 in the first round. I've been on an off with Halo ever since as an esport. Moved to Starcraft2 eventually but still switched to watch reach between rounds and then came back to Halo as my main esport after a flirtation with Dota.

Some of us have been around a long time. My brother used to run games with SK (the player) and his crew back in Halo2, which I joined a few times and got smashed. I've never been more than average but I love Halo. I'm sure there's probably lots of lurkers like me with an MLG 05 account (that got wiped years ago) but are just happy following the scene without making too much fuss.

• Upvote (+1) 1