CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

In healthcare the entire point of summits is the sharing of information, so I don't really know what you're talking about.

Ok well then let me retract my statement and turn to game developers. I don't know of any game developer that releases specific information about summits?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Am I weird for saying that Plaza would be my standout map in Halo 5 that actually plays well?

Not at all. Plaza is my favorite map in the game by far. 

Yea 343 is really bad at making maps. 

And its hard to ask for a remake because we don't know which maps would be good in this game or not with sprint/thrust/ground pound.

Im sitting over here thinking about Narrows with sprint/thrust and its making my head hurt.

Construct is the only map I can think of where i'm 90% sure it would work in this game

Maybe a remastered Powerhouse would work.

*avoids saying "remix"*

• Upvote (+1) 2

Optic Halo is not a desirable team to be a part of as long as Maniac is a member. I don't enjoy saying that because I do like Maniac as a personality. Joining Optic Halo would be a last resort for any player that placed top 6 in the season 1 pro league that is currently team hunting. As for who they would run games with, I think Rammyy is someone they would try out.

I agree with Maniac, if he retires and gets 2 of them 3 i said, I think that would be a decent team if APG gets back to normal.

Really hard for me to recall all the way back to H2. But I never had any problems in H3 or even Reach running solo. There was the occasional blowout on either side, but all of those matches were always close. Some of the most intense games i can remember were in Reach running solo. So many 49-50 pit matches 3-2 sanc games and other things. I was able to get close competitive matches in Reach even when the playlist population was something like 250. I'm failing so hard at understand why i can never win/lose a game 45-50 in h5. It's always a blowout on either side.

I don't remember Reach but in H3, it was very balanced.

If you ran went into the playlist solo, this was your options as teammates / opponents:

to2, solo player / to2, solo player, solo player

3 solo players / 4 solo players

to3 and you / to3 and random player

You never matched a to4 when searching alone. And it had the little red or blue bar on the side of each gamertag so you knew who searched with who on both teams. One of the most underrated aspects about that ranking system. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I was happy that they were not relegated. Even a bad optic is better for halo than no optic. Also, maybe they only show up when they absolutely have to, but they still beat the AM team fair and square, so they deserve to be in the pro league.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think Optic benefits more from being in Halo than Halo benefits from having Optic, if that makes sense.

Halo and ESL can get far more viewers by fixing a lot of the obvious fundamentals, which would increase the population and viewership 10-fold compared to the Optic Juice you maybe see for 30 minutes to an hr and a half of Optic playtime.

Also just my .02, sure they can beat most AMs but the way they carry themselves just feels like they take things for granted. Maybe they step up, maybe not, but to me they seem complacent.

Edit: Would also help if Hecz became more invested in the Halo team.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

From what I've seen, I cannot recall an organization/company act as transparent as you've described. If anything leaks & news sources are the primary ways in which information about summits or large talks are ever disclosed

Blizzards Warcraft team passes on information on a daily basis to the community as well as responds publicly to feedback, advertises the hell out of their shit, and even explains reasoning as to changes they make while still being open to changes.

And immediately after typing it all out.........i go into arena and match Arkanum Randa and 2 other guys i see Randa run with. And 343 was even nice enough to put a diamond on my team during it. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really hope some of this summit info is shared(even a little) with us, it would be a nice change of pace for one to actually know some information.

I really hope some of this summit info is shared(even a little) with us, it would be a nice change of pace for one to actually know some information.

My bet is that they've all signed strict NDAs.

The information will be made public eventually, although we probably won't know it was something discussed at the summit.

The other likelihood is that the people at the summit will get home and tell the other players on their team, those players will tell someone else etc and eventually it'll get leaked.

Although we've all played Chinese whispers (wiki tells me it's called the Telephone Game in the US??) so chances are whatever gets leaked won't be the correct information and it might cause people to lose their minds and now you can see why even some slight transparency about these things would help.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Someone on the OpTic subreddit says that Mikwen said on stream that he's almost positive Heinz will be replacing Str8 Sick and Str8 Sick will join ALG with Contra/Dev/Shooter.

Don't have confirmation on mikwen saying that but w.e rostermania.

Contra/Dev/Shooter/Str8 Sick sounds like a pretty good team team that everyone would sleep on. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think Optic benefits more from being in Halo than Halo benefits from having Optic, if that makes sense.

Halo and ESL can get far more viewers by fixing a lot of the obvious fundamentals, which would increase the population and viewership 10-fold compared to the Optic Juice you maybe see for 30 minutes to an hr and a half of Optic playtime.

Also just my .02, sure they can beat most AMs but the way they carry themselves just feels like they take things for granted. Maybe they step up, maybe not, but to me they seem complacent.

Edit: Would also help if Hecz became more invested in the Halo team.

lol i do think your crazy haha.  I think that the "Fundamentals" that you say need fixing are lost on most of the viewers (despite the fact that yes, they absolutely need fixing).  On this forum we live in a little bubble because we all pay attention to the details.  Its how we found this place to begin with.

You need a carrot to bring in viewers that are new.  Optic is a bigger carrot than say, better spectator mode, for a lot of people.  We need something to get people to watch, and something else to get them to stay.  Ideally we have both Optic playing well and a much improved viewer experience for season 2

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you want a team to sleep on, Ace has to be on it.

I'd give you rep if I weren't out already. Heh. 

Although we've all played Chinese whispers (wiki tells me it's called the Telephone Game in the US??) so chances are whatever gets leaked won't be the correct information and it might cause people to lose their minds and now you can see why even some slight transparency about these things would help.

Ace just told me that Lethul just told him that Mikwen just told him that radar is getting increased by 50m while Storm Rifle starts are happening, with them also getting a beefy buff.

Contra/Dev/Shooter/Str8 Sick sounds like a pretty good team team that everyone would sleep on. 

I'm still praying that the RoyBoxContraNator dream isn't dead.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Well i don't think the remix idea is 100% to blame, but it does limit the options that you have when making a map significantly. They probably designed the original maps to be the best they could be, using up all the best ideas with the original "blockout" as you described it (perfect description btw). Making a remix that is still recognizable as having been inspired by the original map limits the changes that you can make. They probably used some of the second-place ideas that they canned from the original maps.

There is certainly something inherently flawed about the whole "remix" idea as evidenced by the fact that the launch maps are significantly better as a collection than the DLC maps are. The only remixed map that is better than the original is Stasis, and both of those were DLC. Overgrowth was especially bad and should have been aborted early on.

To be fair though, it takes a leap to make any assumptions about the order of events when it comes to these maps and their releases. Truth, regret, Eden and empire also subscribed to the same philosophy, and empire is the only bad map- and Eden was based on empire.

Tyrant is also vastly different from Colesium.

Looking at Sprints, It looks to me like most of these Maps were mostly done before launch. They could have shared assets, but added new assets where neccisary to make good maps (which is how they made regret and Eden) they just failed to execute across the board.

I'd rather they started from scratch for each one. But remixes don't have to be terrible ( The launch maps prove this)... Designers just need to base their maps on solid design principles.

• Upvote (+1) 3

lol i do think your crazy haha. I think that the "Fundamentals" that you say need fixing are lost on most of the viewers (despite the fact that yes, they absolutely need fixing). On this forum we live in a little bubble because we all pay attention to the details. Its how we found this place to begin with.

You need a carrot to bring in viewers that are new. Optic is a bigger carrot than say, better spectator mode, for a lot of people. We need something to get people to watch, and something else to get them to stay. Ideally we have both Optic playing well and a much improved viewer experience for season 2

Immaletyoufinish...But what we really need is T2 and a billion Dr. Pepper cans to get ppl fraggin like pros again :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

To be fair though, it takes a leap to make any assumptions about the order of events when it comes to these maps and their releases. Truth, regret, Eden and empire also subscribed to the same philosophy, and empire is the only bad map- and Eden was based on empire.

Tyrant is also vastly different from Colesium.

Looking at Sprints, It looks to me like most of these Maps were mostly done before launch. They could have shared assets, but added new assets where neccisary to make good maps, they just failed to execute.

I'd rather they started from scratch for each one. But remixes don't have to be terrible ( The launch maps prove this)... Designers just need to base their maps on solid design principles.

I personally think Riptide and Molten are good remixes and could play good on Strongholds and maybe slayer.

Torque could play decent if they opened up some passageways and added cover.

• Downvote (-1) 6