CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Breakout felt jarring. Going from regular Halo to Breakout was a big change. 

While I agree with all of that negativity in terms of placing it in the Arena playlist and in the HWC/HCS. It was jarring, it was a horrible fit, etc.

I do enjoy the gametype by itself a lot, in its OWN playlist.

*edit...oh gametype discussion...mhmm. Please spare me.

Someone on the OpTic subreddit says that Mikwen said on stream that he's almost positive Heinz will be replacing Str8 Sick and Str8 Sick will join ALG with Contra/Dev/Shooter.

Don't have confirmation on mikwen saying that but w.e rostermania.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not going to break down each option, but pointing out halo is simply wrong. The default settings for CE multiplayer were plasma pistol starts, pretty self explanatory there. Halo 2 had a couple large updates (you do realize it was default smg starts right?) and Halo 3 ended up on what V8 settings? So not sure those are good examples of games with few updates. Either way, pointing to 15 year old games is hardly relevant (CE was before xbox live existed). Also, CSGO even gets a rather large update at least every 6 months. 

There is a difference between changing a starting loading and balancing classes in a game such as Overwatch or LoL... I don't know why you're trying to draw blood from a stone

@@CyReN @@Saucey

hmmm guess ive just missed them somehow, the only ones ive seen are the premium ones recently. What days do the non premium ffa tournies run? Id like to jot it down so i dont forget.

At this point I don't even care what is going on with Optic. I feel bad for Heinz though. He was doing great at worlds, no idea why teams keep skipping on him. Cory def should be happy if he ends up on Alg.

I open up twitter and this is what I see.

9mEspdI.jpg

Then I saw the handle when I scrolled a little more. My heart dropped.

Damn this new ALG is stacked. A definite step up in slaying power, hope the chemistry works out.

But where does @@RyaNoob go now? His last chance to stay in Pro League is with EG :(. Same for Ninja. Who are the other F/As I'm missing? 

Damn this new ALG is stacked. A definite step up in slaying power, hope the chemistry works out.

But where does @@RyaNoob go now? His last chance to stay in Pro League is with EG :(. Same for Ninja. Who are the other F/As I'm missing? 

Vicx

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did I miss anything over the weekend? Didn't see anything on Ninja's Twitter concerning EG/team announcements?

I don't think anything has been officially announced yet

sigh. It's hard work being an Optic fan... Str8 has been the unsung hero of that team all season and now he's dropped? Not only that, the rest of the squad piss off to Orlando (having narrowly missed being relegated) and where's Str8..? Still playing Halo and keeping his skills sharp. So, yeah, THAT'S the guy they drop..

mTtDdazMpaFi0.gif

Sigh. It's almost as if they pick teammates based off of who would be more fun to hangout/party with rather than who actually makes their team better. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

mTtDdazMpaFi0.gif

Sigh. It's almost as if they pick teammates based off of who would be more fun to hangout/party with rather than who actually makes their team better.

that is how they are gonna pick one. They dont seem to care about winning. Just want to do enough to stay in pro league.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

With halo 5s movement I think radar is good to have. In past halos movement was very predictable and no radar showcased map awareness. But now with thrust slide and clamber Spartans can be anywhere in a short period of time.

This has been discussed to death however so lets not trigger anyone here.

Ola might have something to say about that

• Upvote (+1) 7

I open up twitter and this is what I see.

9mEspdI.jpg

Then I saw the handle when I scrolled a little more. My heart dropped.

I made that photo last rostermania. glad to see it had some staying power

• Upvote (+1) 3

sigh. It's hard work being an Optic fan... Str8 has been the unsung hero of that team all season and now he's dropped? Not only that, the rest of the squad piss off to Orlando (having narrowly missed being relegated) and where's Str8..? Still playing Halo and keeping his skills sharp. So, yeah, THAT'S the guy they drop..

I supposed it was insinuated but I didnt hear him actually say in that clip that he was dropped?

@@CyReN @@Saucey

hmmm guess ive just missed them somehow, the only ones ive seen are the premium ones recently. What days do the non premium ffa tournies run? Id like to jot it down so i dont forget.

We just ran one for August, our next one will be in September. Make sure to follow us on social media, look at our homepage or check the site news header. We always have the info there.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just heard on reddit that Str8 SicK has been dropped from OpTic? 

This is actually pathetic.

The second best player on the team gets kicked, while Maniac and APG stay? Fuck, I hope they get relegated so Maniac retires. I'm tired of the lies he tells his fans.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I supposed it was insinuated but I didnt hear him actually say in that clip that he was dropped?

You're correct (as far as we know) that he hasn't explicitly been told, but he /has been told that they'll be running with "other 4ths" so it's reasonable for him to assume that his time is up.