CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why will no one tell us why the Kappa emote is gone? Talk about shady secret things in the Halo community. SMH 

:lxthul:

It was taking up too much bandwidth.  Kappa.png

genuine question: is there anything an 'HCS Summit' brings that just a skype call wouldn't? Or more accurately, that the skype calls haven't? 

Monday August 15th

343 playtest lab

General feedback roundtable

343 playtest lab

Tuesday August 16th

One on One feedback

Cut from his post the important parts.

One of the reasons Riot hosts their Pro Player Summits is that they make sweeping changes during the off-season, and have pro players there to test/weigh in on the changes.

I imagine 343 is looking to somewhat do the same here.

2000710dsketch.jpg

:thinking:   :thinking:   :thinking:

So... 3/4 of Worlds Liquid, but instead of Eco, they'd have Maniac?
  • Upvote (+1) 3

genuine question: is there anything an 'HCS Summit' brings that just a skype call wouldn't? Or more accurately, that the skype calls haven't?

NDAs?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't know how much new info 343/ESL can glean from a few pros being in Seattle physically. The community has already made their desires clear, pros have presumably done so also via the skype meetings/HCS council. 

And this obviously isn't being done for marketing reasons either because if it were they'd actually be marketing it. So it must be because they feel that having pros in Seattle brings something unique to the table. I just don't see what that is. 

LAN  :prayers:

Speaking of transparency, will there be any more free to enter ffa tournies? it sucks that all the other formats are free but the most popular and easy to enter format requires a purchase. (at least as of late)

We host free to enter FFAs every month + premium FFAs every month.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Str8 wouldnt want to be in am if he can help it

He can team with Prototype without being an AM. Just sayin'

He can team with Prototype without being an AM. Just sayin'

I mean its possible but unlikely.. not many spots available on teams.. which to2 would he be joining in the league?

Anyways I'm pretty sure that LovesickBog guy that Contra, Devon, and Shooter were running with the other day was in fact Str8 Sick. He said in stream today that he wants to team with Shooter. Along with how big an org OpTic is, it makes sense he would be using a fake tag when running games. That would mean Contra/Devon are going to go with ALG (unless the manager chooses Ryanoob/Heinz over them, which I dont think would occur). Rammy would be teamless with only EG and OpTic as available options.

These are my predictions:

CLG - Frosty, Lethul, Royal 2, Snakebite

Enigma6 - Bubu, Cratos, Stellur, Suspector

EnVyUs - Huke, Mikwen, Pistola, Snipedown

Cloud9 - Commonly, Penguin, Rayne, Spartan

Evil Geniuses - Lunchbox, Ninja, Roy, Victory X

Allegiance - Contra, Devon, Shooter, Str8 Sick

Liquid - Danoxide, Eco, El Town, Naded

OpTic - Ace, APG, Maniac, Rammy

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

These are my predictions:

Enigma6 - Bubu, Cratos, Steller, Suspector

Geez I would not want to come up against that team in matchmaking.

This game has been out for 10 months and they have changed almost nothing on the competitive side. Only removing a mode and tweaking weapons that were not vital to the sandbox. If this pro player summit ends with no considerable changes being made, I give up hope on changes ever happening. Games like Overwatch have had more gameplay changes in a month than Halo 5 has had in 10. I don't understand.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

This game has been out for 10 months and they have changed almost nothing on the competitive side. Only removing a mode and tweaking weapons that were not vital to the sandbox. If this pro player summit ends with no considerable changes being made, I give up hope on changes ever happening. Games like Overwatch have had more gameplay changes in a month than Halo 5 has had in 10. I don't understand.

Games like Overwatch have had more gameplay changes in a month than Halo 5 has had in 10. I don't understand.

Halo is a Arena shooter, not a class based game

• Upvote (+1) 8

Games like Overwatch have had more gameplay changes in a month than Halo 5 has had in 10. I don't understand.

Halo is a Arena shooter, not a class based game

Okay, you could easily change "overwatch" to "any serious competitive game" and that point would still stand. Either way, 10 months of only minor changes to HCS Ruleset, layout, and settings is pretty bad. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Okay, you could easily change "overwatch" to "any serious competitive game" and that point would still stand. Either way, 10 months of only minor changes to HCS Ruleset, layout, and settings is pretty bad. 

H:CE - NO Updates

H2 - One major update changing melee and grenade damage (and br spread reduction) thx @@GunRanger

H3 - Can't recall any updates other than MLG weapon placement

SSBM: I think they fixed bugs but the game has been out for 15 years and garnishes 100k+ views...

Not sure if UT/Quake ever had patches or balances but

I'm not sure how often they rolled around CS 1.7 patches... but I doubt it was often. CoD has the occasional weapon nerfs. The idea of "THERE SHOULD BE PICKS AND BANS" "CONSTANTLY CHANGE THE META" is something not everyone is a fan of.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

H2 - One major update changing melee and grenade damage

SSBM: I think they fixed bugs but the game has been out for 15 years and garnishes 100k+ views...

I'm not sure how often they rolled around CS 1.7 patches... but I doubt it was often. CoD has the occasional weapon nerfs. The idea of "THERE SHOULD BE PICKS AND BANS" "CONSTANTLY CHANGE THE META" is something not everyone is a fan of.

the BR spread update was a bigger deal

the BR spread update was a bigger deal

I was 12 at the time so some of it slips my memory but edited it in :) 

Why will no one tell us why the Kappa emote is gone? Talk about shady secret things in the Halo community. SMH

:lxthul:

Having to type 'Kappa' out to show your Kappa-ing is pretty shit compared to when we had the emote

Kappa

• Upvote (+1) 1

OpTic - Ace, APG, Maniac, Rammy

Rammy isn't even the best AM player and I think OpTic would rather pick up someone they're friends with than some AM

• Upvote (+1) 4

H2 - One major update changing melee and grenade damage (and br spread reduction) thx @@GunRanger

Not going to break down each option, but pointing out halo is simply wrong. The default settings for CE multiplayer were plasma pistol starts, pretty self explanatory there. Halo 2 had a couple large updates (you do realize it was default smg starts right?) and Halo 3 ended up on what V8 settings? So not sure those are good examples of games with few updates. Either way, pointing to 15 year old games is hardly relevant (CE was before xbox live existed). Also, CSGO even gets a rather large update at least every 6 months. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not going to break down each option, but pointing out halo is simply wrong. The default settings for CE multiplayer were plasma pistol starts, pretty self explanatory there. Halo 2 had a couple large updates (you do realize it was default smg starts right?) and Halo 3 ended up on what V8 settings? So not sure those are good examples of games with few updates. Either way, pointing to 15 year old games is hardly relevant (CE was before xbox live existed). Also, CSGO even gets a rather large update at least every 6 months. 

Yeah but 90% of all the big CSGO updates are trash and break the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1