CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Someone said that there will/may be an Open Lan in St. Louis next month. 

Alright, I opened this can of worms so I feel like I should explain myself.

Someone affiliated with HCS was in a pro's twitch chat and let slip they're considering an Open LAN in St. Louis.

They immediately backpedaled and said they weren't supposed to talk about it. I didn't think they'd be happy with the attention, so I didn't screenshot it or anything.

edit: to clarify, they didn't specify a date, only the location.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i know we dont talk about AM's here much but yall need to pay attention to this kid named Kaotic. One of the best halo players i know and hes only 15. 

his twitter is @kaoticCR7

he is teaming with articc (formerly ninja arts) another amazing 15-16 year old halo player. 

they WILL win the AM league and will be contending for a pro league spot.

Kaotic, Galaxy, Tapping Buttons, and Artic are all amazing players that I can see making a name for themselves.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Who is this someone?

Alright, I opened this can of worms so I feel like I should explain myself.

Someone affiliated with HCS was in a pro's twitch chat and let slip they're considering an Open LAN in St. Louis. They immediately backpedaled and said they weren't supposed to talk about it. I didn't think they'd be happy with the attention, so I didn't screenshot it or anything.

What Muffin said. 

Someone said that there will/may be an Open Lan in St. Louis next month. 

Don't toy with my heart man.

Don't toy with my heart man.

I never would. 

At least we have 2050 in a few weeks. 64 teams should be fun. Might see some AM teams form for the Challenger cups. 

Idk when a St Louis thing could happen. Maybe its a fabled midseason LAN? 

great an open lan with zero notice

i hope it's false intel because i might smash my head through a wall if true

moses 1992-2016

quoted because an upvoted doesn't even begin to cover the frustration I feel at just the idea of the possibility. I'm 23, in school with 2 jobs and live with my gf. I doubt I'm alone in needed more than a month's notice.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Kaotic, Galaxy, Tapping Buttons, and Artic are all amazing players that I can see making a name for themselves.

galaxy is disgusting

How many secret spots/jumps do you think he has saved up for upcoming lans?

the best part of watching Frosty's stream is seeing him discover these ridiculous map spots when his team is up 80-0 on Rig SH or whatever

HELL YEA LATE NIGHT RANDOM HCS INTEL FROM HCS STAFF. WE GROWING THE SCENE NOW!!!!!!!?!!!

:apg:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I remember in the challenger tournament that 2gre subbed in, they got upset round 1 and then brought to game 5 in the loser's bracket by Kaotic and Artic's team. Denial was down 48-47 and Gab was 1 shot mid cat (eden). He proceeds to ninja Artic to tie the game and they end up winning 50-48.

I just like bringing this up because it was one of the most epic plays I have ever seen

• Upvote (+1) 5

I didn't want to be one of those guys with a vague and useless 'intel' post, but a week ago or so I heard from an AM who heard from a pro that open LANS were in the future. At the time I had nothing to back it up, but now it seems possible at least.

If true, this is huge.

I remember in the challenger tournament that 2gre subbed in, they got upset round 1 and then brought to game 5 in the loser's bracket by Kaotic and Artic's team. Denial was down 48-47 and Gab was 1 shot mid cat (eden). He proceeds to ninja Artic to tie the game and they end up winning 50-48.

I just like bringing this up because it was one of the most epic plays I have ever seen

Oh man I remember seeing that from 2gre's death screen. That was one of the most epic, clutch plays I've seen in h5

Hey, you guys remember that time a team started a scrim with an early lead against CLG and then went on to beat CLG in the 14-game series?

Me neither.

Let's stop jinxing it after 3-4 games.

• Upvote (+1) 7

quoted because an upvoted doesn't even begin to cover the frustration I feel at just the idea of the possibility. I'm 23, in school with 2 jobs and live with my gf. I doubt I'm alone in needed more than a month's notice.

i would LOVE to go but it's a tall order financially 

i'm in the same situation as you

Hey, you guys remember that time a team started a scrim with an early lead against CLG and then went on to beat CLG in the 14-game series?

Me neither.

Let's stop jinxing it after 3-4 games.

Pros should be demanding single-elim, best of 3 to take down CLG in Season 2.  :mj:

I can just imagine them announcing an open LAN and it being on the same weekend as 2050. Just seems like a thing that would happen *

Nah, Imagine!

Haha!

This is what Halo people say, yes? I am doing this correctly?

I'd much prefer an open LAN like 3 months from now that actually has forewarning instead of one next month though

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Hey we heard you wanted open lans so we are having one next weekend" - 343. How I expect the announcement to go if there ever is one

• Upvote (+1) 4