CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So...anybody else see that gif of Maniac on r/WTF ?  Extremely NSFW

6CbxaPc.jpg

this gif is currently at the top of /r/wtf

I guess, in a way, it *is* a metaphor for Optic Halo

6GxokeQ.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why is there still confusion about who is C9 and who is Liquid? C9 could be (Spartan,Rayne,Hamy,and Penguin) Liquid could be (Danoxide,Eco,Naded, El Town).

Spartan can't even keep the Liquid spot since he's the only one from the previous Liquid roster on that team. Both Danoxide and Eco were on liquid so they will end up having said org/pro league spot

Edit: forget that unless liquid org says no to eco and Danoxide and pickes up Spartan team and that the org c9 leaves pro league then idek

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

First time I had to catchup on over 5+ pages, but that's going to change because gorram school Monday. I'm pretty sad I missed a good roast by Frankie, and sadness about S2. 

Any scrims tonight? 

I probably won't watch because of Olympics and A-Rod's last night, but fallback plans are good. 

Why is there still confusion about who is C9 and who is Liquid? C9 could be (Spartan,Rayne,Hamy,and Penguin) Liquid could be (Danoxide,Eco,Naded, El Town).

Spartan can't even keep the Liquid spot since he's the only one from the previous Liquid roster on that team. Both Danoxide and Eco were on liquid so they will end up having said org/pro league spot

Edit: forget that unless liquid org says no to eco and Danoxide and pickes up Spartan team and that the org c9 leaves pro league then idek

I don't think it has anything to do with who retains a league spot.  I think it's more about Liquid the org dropping their current remaining roster of eco/danoxide and jumping ship with Spartan.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't think it has anything to do with who retains a league spot. I think it's more about Liquid the org dropping their current remaining roster of eco/danoxide and jumping ship with Spartan.

If that happened would the Team of Danoxide and Eco etc just be in the pro league without an org?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The spot is held by 2 players.

The manager does not hold the spot at all, they are merely the decider if a team splits 2/2.

The reason this distinction is important:

Hypothetically, Eco+Stellur and Spartan+Danoxide could both split 2/2, LiquidCaleb could declare Eco+Stellur keep the spot, and then go manage Spartan+Danoxide for next season if they ended up on another team with a pro league spot.

So yeah, Eco+Danoxide would still have a league spot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

does anyone have that video of the young teenage boy that looks like stellur thats doing the goofy dances in front of his mom?

Late as fuck, but I think I finally found the perfect gif to describe the end of that Fathom CTF Denial vs. Optic match.

5YovKN3.gif

I don't have photoshop, or else I would make this even more amazing. :(

It was a shity way to end it. This should have made the time to make sure her instead of making it first cap wins.

I personally don't find it acceptable for Optic to continue stockpiling even more people into the Optic house who aren't professional gamers, and for that reason I don't think it's acceptable for Maniac to retire just because he doesn't feel like competing and he's doing good with Youtube. I'd lose respect for him and the Optic org.

Why is that unacceptable? Maniac himself said in an episode of vision that team houses are for content, not for building a team to compete. Faze has a team house and I don't think any of their competitive players live there, it's purely for content. Ultimately its up to Hecz, if he thinks that the brand could benefit from another youtuber joining the house, then that's what will happen.

It was CoD Ghosts: on nV but I forget who else was on the team.

Then H2A with BtH: Maniac, Lethul, aPG

Then CoD AW: on OpTic with Scump, Crim, and Nadeshot.

You have that last one wrong, it was CoD: Ghosts on nV with Merk, Nameless, & JKap. Black Ops 3 was a year later

Y'all are absolutely right. 

???

It's just a name.

No it isn't. It's an org that has its seed associated with a team that was last all season 1. Now all of a sudden they're a top4 seed.

That's why I hate all this org hopping shit. It doesn't help create lasting narratives and ends up confusing people.

At this rate, we might as well give the seeds to the org. You want seeds to be with players then don't sign with an org. 343 has been paying for their travel to these events anyway

• Upvote (+1) 1