CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Let's not forget Optic Halo is one of the 3 teams that has skins in game. I have no idea how much they gain from that but it could be quite a bit. It is profitable for them to hold even that shitty last spot. It's almost more of a business than anything else. For both Optic and Hcs.

Wasn't the final H4 event RTX, which was won by Ryanoob, Shooter, Str8 Sick, and Arkanum?

Also: That Liquid roster was doing well until the first online qualifier.  Then they dropped Chig because of some practice/commitment issues.  Then Hysteria was on the team.  Then Ninja+Hysteria were both dropped for Heinz+APG...who the team thought would be an upgrade over the other two, based off Halo history and how well nV was doing at their best, before they fell off.  It wasn't because of any "turmoil" within the team.

Didn't you just some weeks ago say that the RTX event doesn't count?

I think almost all count the AGL as the last real event. And man that event was quite interesting(despite being Halo 4)

I personally don't find it acceptable for Optic to continue stockpiling even more people into the Optic house who aren't professional gamers, and for that reason I don't think it's acceptable for Maniac to retire just because he doesn't feel like competing and he's doing good with Youtube. I'd lose respect for him and the Optic org.

I respect your opinion but you have to understand that's what makes the OpTic brand so huge. People (most at least) want to see them vlogging and doing stupid stuff in this gigantic multi-million dollar house with other pro gamers. It brings in the viewers and $$. Also, look at it from a business perspective. Would you continue to invest your time and money into something that a) you're not very good at and b) don't have much interest in and c) when you are making money elsewhere. 

Maniac will stay with the OpTic brand even if he retires from Halo along with FS b/c they are figureheads for that Org. 

I just realized we may get e6 skins in the future. Can't wait to see what those look like with that logo haha

Edit: Just found this awesome trivia fact about Formal. "FormaL won 3 events with 3 different teams across 3 different games in a 2 month period."

Wow, I knew ge was great at console FPS but I stopped watching comp Halo after the second Reach event. What games/teams were these?

Let's not forget Optic Halo is one of the 3 teams that has skins in game. I have no idea how much they gain from that but it could be quite a bit. It is profitable for them to hold even that shitty last spot. It's almost more of a business than anything else. For both Optic and Hcs.

Yeah, but I'm quite certain that's pocket change for OpTic. I'm sure 343 went with OpTic as an org for a team skin because they are a professional gaming org. They aren't going to go off and make some shisty backroom deals or do something illegal like RNG did and just disband. That'd look bad for 343.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Wow, I knew ge was great at console FPS but I stopped watching comp Halo after the second Reach event. What games/teams were these?

CoD: Advanced Warfare on Optic Gaming w/ Crim, Scump, and Karma

Halo 2 Anniversary on BTH with Lethul, APG, Maniac

CoD: Black Ops 3 on Optic Gaming with Crim, Scump, and Karma

Sooooo it's the NV hype still a thing?

Last I heard nV beat CLG without even playing them, found the cure to both AIDs and cancer, all while personally baking you a batch of cookies.. :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They aren't going to go off and make some shisty backroom deals or do something illegal like RNG did and just disband. 

Allegedly did.  Which they didn't.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is true.  and i see more OG emblems and skins in the game than any others.

Ok, so 2 games 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Last I heard Nv beat CLG without even playing them, found the cure to both AIDs and cancer, all while personally baking you a batch of cookies.. :lxthul:

I'm actually just going to write in "nV" as my vote this November.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wasn't the final H4 event RTX, which was won by Ryanoob, Shooter, Str8 Sick, and Arkanum?

Also: That Liquid roster was doing well until the first online qualifier.  Then they dropped Chig because of some practice/commitment issues.  Then Hysteria was on the team.  Then Ninja+Hysteria were both dropped for Heinz+APG...who the team thought would be an upgrade over the other two, based off Halo history and how well nV was doing at their best, before they fell off.  It wasn't because of any "turmoil" within the team.

Seriously that Liquid roster was dominating during H5 right after launch. No one could compete with them in breakout and they were solid all around. And then they lost to Overdrive in the first OQ vetoedLUL

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's actually page 2343 :uncledrew:

Have I lost my mind? It says 2319 at the top of my page. I've had this meme strategically planned for weeks.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So, that's two teams, not three.

Have I lost my mind? It says 2319 at the top of my page. I've had this meme strategically planned for weeks.

Mods/Staff count includes deleted posts (of which there were a lot)

The admins can see the real numbers without the deleted/hidden posts.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I personally don't find it acceptable for Optic to continue stockpiling even more people into the Optic house who aren't professional gamers, and for that reason I don't think it's acceptable for Maniac to retire just because he doesn't feel like competing and he's doing good with Youtube. I'd lose respect for him and the Optic org.

In a vlog or Vision not too long ago, Hecz was asking Maniac what he could do to help, even asking Nick if a Halo house would. Nick said no, then Hecz a says he's right, a house would really only be for content. It's clear since he's been doing it so long, the house is to be filled with its main focus being on content creation.

So there's that