CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is Crimsix any good at Halo? I know Formal is. Honestly would bring in huge viewers if he decided to ever do that. But I know the Halo community has been asking for that for a while now.

lol doesnt matter.  viewers baby!

they would be crazy to leave CoD though.  Longer track record of more, consistent money on a multi-platform game.  

If they drop Str8 and aPG, then Maniac decides to retire...do they lose the league spot? Just like EG, if Lunch retires does EG lose their spot? (Just hypothetical) But at that point you're forcing people to play lol wouldn't put it past ESL however.

If Maniac retires I'm sure they will allow Ace to single-handedly hold the league spot, but obviously things would be smoother if Str8 or APG just stayed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is Crimsix any good at Halo? I know Formal is. Honestly would bring in huge viewers if he decided to ever do that. But I know the Halo community has been asking for that for a while now.

I think Crimsix was ridiculously good at Halo.  I played fairly regularly with him in Reach, and he always pulled off the most insane plays.  I'm too lazy to look up placings but I know he had a handful of top 8 finishes, and teamed with people like Naded, Legit, Goofy, Strongside, APG, and I think Lethul at some point too.

But he's obviously had much more success in COD.  He's won over 30 events now and like 50 top 8 finishes.  

Edit: Just found this awesome trivia fact about Formal. "FormaL won 3 events with 3 different teams across 3 different games in a 2 month period."

• Upvote (+1) 2

lol doesnt matter.  viewers baby!

they would be crazy to leave CoD though.  Longer track record of more, consistent money on a multi-platform game.  

Wait, why can't he play both? Idk what the rules are regarding that. Guess the most obvious answer is the schedules would conflict too much. 

You need to keep at least 2 members to keep the pro league spot, I'd say give it to Ace & Sick, aPG seems to be improving atm, so we'll see, but they should def. try out other players.

Which is the reason I wrote "Neither of those things can happen" 2 lines down

Wait, why can't he play both? Idk what the rules are regarding that. Guess the most obvious answer is the schedules would conflict too much. 

There is some CoD contract shit, but beyond that there would be scheduling conflicts, practice conflicts and there are only so many hours in the day.

There is some CoD contract shit, but beyond that there would be scheduling conflicts, practice conflicts and there are only so many hours in the day.

but...viewers? baby?  :lxthul:

Building their team around Ace is their best option.

The thing is... they waited too long and now there's barely anyone available (if anybody at all).

Maniac should retire and coach if he's even questioning it TBH. He'd be a lot happier without all the added pressure in his life. 

He's made for Youtube, I just hope he stays in Halo and takes coaching seriously, basically a Towey 2.0 with that kind of content.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I thought someone posted 64?

What happens to a pro league team if they change 3 or more players and lose their spot? How do they earn it back? 

What happens to a pro league team if they change 3 or more players and lose their spot? How do they earn it back?

I don't think the players even know.. my best guess is some sort of open tourney and the winners get the spot

I'm assuming they have to play through AM league and get back in through winning relegation matches and playing 7/8 seed this upcoming season. 

The thing is... they waited too long and now there's barely anyone available (if anybody at all).

Maniac should retire and coach if he's even questioning it TBH. He'd be a lot happier without all the added pressure in his life. 

He's made for Youtube, I just hope he stays in Halo and takes coaching seriously, basically a Towey 2.0 with that kind of content.

If OpTic wants to be all about content then Ninja might be an option if EG doesn't work out. Ninja and Ace teamed together quite recently so there is some history there.

• Downvote (-1) 1

If OpTic wants to be all about content then Ninja might be an option if EG doesn't work out. Ninja and Ace teamed together quite recently so there is some history there.

Ninja and Ace won the final Halo 4 event and were super happy teaming together, but their most recent stint was on pre-HWC Liquid where it seemed like there was some turmoil, however that might have stemmed from Ninja vs. Eco so who knows.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think the players even know.. my best guess is some sort of open tourney and the winners get the spot

I'm assuming they have to play through AM league and get back in through winning relegation matches and playing 7/8 seed this upcoming season. 

Since no one really knows imma just keep replying to @@Vivi posts till he answers. If he even knows. 

Ninja and Ace won the final Halo 4 event and were super happy teaming together, but their most recent stint was on pre-HWC Liquid where it seemed like there was some turmoil, however that might have stemmed from Ninja vs. Eco so who knows.

Yeah wasn't it put out there that UnLegit/Eco "didnt try" because he didnt like Ninja? Think thats what was said.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He may or may not be contemplating retirement just like he has been for nearly the entirety of Halo 5. I honestly look at its repeated mention as a way to try and grab views at this point or just the repeating of the same thing constantly. It would be a shame if he did retire but its a little hard to take him saying that as a serious outcome since hes said it so many times in a row now.

I don't really like how everyone keeps calling for retirement for people on Optic lol. They made Pro League and defended their spot. They're good enough to keep playing Halo even if people don't like how they practice etc

• Upvote (+1) 2

He may or may not be contemplating retirement just like he has been for nearly the entirety of Halo 5. I honestly look at its repeated mention as a way to try and grab views at this point or just the repeating of the same thing constantly. It would be a shame if he did retire but its a little hard to take him saying that as a serious outcome since hes said it so many times in a row now.

I don't really like how everyone keeps calling for retirement for people on Optic lol. They made Pro League and defended their spot. They're good enough to keep playing Halo even if people don't like how they practice etc

I think fans of OpTic (as an org) and Halo in general just want to see them succeed. But it's hard to support a team who from our perspective appears to be ok with being average and doing just enough to get by and make it into the league. Whereas you see their COD roster and they are consistently winning events. I'm sure and I know (from posts I've seen from APG specifically) that they know what they need to work on and arent ok with being average. But my point is to the casual HCS follower or Halo fan the lack of scrims, practice, etc seems like OpTic is ok with, again, just doing enough to get by and stay in the league. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I personally don't find it acceptable for Optic to continue stockpiling even more people into the Optic house who aren't professional gamers, and for that reason I don't think it's acceptable for Maniac to retire just because he doesn't feel like competing and he's doing good with Youtube. I'd lose respect for him and the Optic org.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

The one team I want to see out of all of this is Evil Geniuses consisting of Roy, Lunch, Ninja, and Ace. Ace is good enough that if he just left OpTic, he could have a lot of say in which team he ends up on. It's all a matter of whether he wants to win or whether he wants to gain more followers. If you don't make YouTube content, I see no point in being on an 8th place OpTic.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Do bears  :poop:  in the woods?

Do I :poop: in the woods??

The answer is the same as the Bear

• Upvote (+1) 2

I personally don't find it acceptable for Optic to continue stockpiling even more people into the Optic house who aren't professional gamers, and for that reason I don't think it's acceptable for Maniac to retire just because he doesn't feel like competing and he's doing good with Youtube. I'd lose respect for him and the Optic org.

It's their house they can do whatever they want. Maniac is one of the best content producers OpTic currently has. No one ever said it was an "esports house" I see no reason why only pro gamers would be allowed to live there

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's their house they can do whatever they want. Maniac is one of the best content producers OpTic currently has. No one ever said it was an "esports house" I see no reason why only pro gamers would be allowed to live there

Personal opinion really. As Hecz, it's not the direction I would want to take the org in, too many non players would cheapen the brand I have in mind. As Maniac, I would feel uncomfortable knowing that my livelihood is entirely fueled by the fact that 14 year olds like to watch videos of me going to Chipotle.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wasn't the final H4 event RTX, which was won by Ryanoob, Shooter, Str8 Sick, and Arkanum?

Also: That Liquid roster was doing well until the first online qualifier.  Then they dropped Chig because of some practice/commitment issues.  Then Hysteria was on the team.  Then Ninja+Hysteria were both dropped for Heinz+APG...who the team thought would be an upgrade over the other two, based off Halo history and how well nV was doing at their best, before they fell off.  It wasn't because of any "turmoil" within the team.