CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah, looking at Contra's H5 arena stats and it was someone on smurf account.. Lovesickbog3009.

EG and Optic were the 2 teams I didn't see running scrims last night.

Ace and Str8 Sick are the two I would guess

EG and Optic were the 2 teams I didn't see running scrims last night.

Ace and Str8 Sick are the two I would guess

Yeah, someone mentioned Ninja too. Idk I see him teaming with Roybox before Contra (based off what was said on stream recently) but who knows. If it was between Ace or Str8 Sick leaving Optic for ALG I'd lean towards Str8 Sick. I think Ace is happy being on OpTic (from what I can tell). 

I may be wrong, but I'm fairly positive APG said in snipedowns chat that he was dropped on his bday.

Yeah, but APG is known to be a troll so I would take what he say's in a Twitch chat with a grain of salt. I was watching Ace's stream Tuesday? I think it was and he seemed pretty serious when he said they (as in OpTic) didnt feel the need to make any team changes. 

I may be wrong, but I'm fairly positive APG said in snipedowns chat that he was dropped on his bday.

APG is known as quite the twitch troll though so that could mean nothing

Edit: beat me ^^

Yeah, but APG is known to be a troll so I would take what he say's in a Twitch chat with a grain of salt. I was watching Ace's stream Tuesday? I think it was and he seemed pretty serious when he said they (as in OpTic) didnt feel the need to make any team changes.

Highly possible. I'm not confirming anything. Just saying he said he was dropped. Who knows though!

Please God someone force Optic to make some team changes. They really need an overhaul if they are too be taken seriously this season.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Please God someone force Optic to make some team changes. They really need an overhaul if they are too be taken seriously this season.

It might be too late.  It seems like rosters are getting closer to "locked" and the players that would actually improve their team are taken.

Not much Optic can do. IMO 2 things that Optic would have needed to do is

1. Give Ace the team and have him find 3

2. Completely new roster

Neither of those things can happen, hence they are where they are.

Since they are sticking together I'm expecting to see APG significantly improve in season 2. I think he still has it in him and was thrown onto the Optic roster last minute in season 1 and never really found his footing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They were essentially the only team that wasn't competitive at the end of the season. They were clearly the worst team, yet they are claiming they aren't going to tweak the lineup. I don't get it... I'm not an optic fan, so I don't really care what they do, but logic would say they need to tweak with the roster. I mean out of all the teams that are forming do you see optic being able to compete with any of them? Maybe EG or ALG?

I mean out of all the teams that are forming do you see optic being able to compete with any of them? Maybe EG or ALG?

The Meme Team will probably put up a pretty good fight.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Trigger warning:

Throwback to the Gamescom invitational when the radar was physically hidden from the players

B294VJq.jpg

:mj:

wow, when was that and is there a replay available?

Edit: nvm searching youtube is easy...

Edit 2: also not a good indicator of what no radar plays like

2. Completely new roster

Since they are sticking together I'm expecting to see APG significantly improve in season 2. I think he still has it in him and was thrown onto the Optic roster last minute in season 1 and never really found his footing.

You need to keep at least 2 members to keep the pro league spot, I'd say give it to Ace & Sick, aPG seems to be improving atm, so we'll see, but they should def. try out other players.

2. Completely new roster

I like this idea too. BUT I don't see them going in that direction since Maniac is such a huge part of the OpTic org. I'd be completely surprised if they ever dropped Maniac or just handed over the reigns to Ace. But who knows. Stranger things have happened.

You need to keep at least 2 members to keep the pro league spot, I'd say give it to Ace & Sick, aPG seems to be improving atm, so we'll see, but they should def. try out other players.

Given the options that look to be available at this point.... i think their best option is to actually f'ing practice.  And i dont mean solo matchmaking with 3 scrims a week, i mean all of them playing together a lot.  Make Maniac practice all the movement mechanics.  run through the octagon, flag warmups, jump maps, matchmaking, forge to memorize spawn points, scrim top teams.  put in real, actual effort.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Optic Halo should be Ace, Str8 Sick, Formal, and Crimsix. 

Is Crimsix any good at Halo? I know Formal is. Honestly would bring in huge viewers if he decided to ever do that. But I know the Halo community has been asking for that for a while now.

If they drop Str8 and aPG, then Maniac decides to retire...do they lose the league spot? Just like EG, if Lunch retires does EG lose their spot? (Just hypothetical) But at that point you're forcing people to play lol wouldn't put it past ESL however.